Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 09:20 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,323,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whataboutyou View Post
Kinda of curious what your monthly rent is? How long have you lived at this current place and is this the first time you are late on rent? How many days late will your payment be?

If this is not the first time, then he has cause for concern that it is becoming a pattern or a trend. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Then I renew the lease and I'm the idiot when you are late the third time.
The original post said they were late in Feb and now will be late again. If I were a landlord, I would probably allow/forgive being late once in an 8th month period if there was a valid reason, but not twice. I would also be hesitant to renew a lease with someone who is often late.

I agree with the poster who said pay for a roof over your head first, period.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:51 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,341,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
The original post said they were late in Feb and now will be late again. If I were a landlord, I would probably allow/forgive being late once in an 8th month period if there was a valid reason, but not twice. I would also be hesitant to renew a lease with someone who is often late.

I agree with the poster who said pay for a roof over your head first, period.
You know what:

People who are so cash strapped that when a tenant is 5 days late on his rent payment, makes them falter on their mortgage payment, should not have bought real estate in the first place. It is petty!

That's my opinion !

Old 10-07-2016, 11:34 AM

561 posts, read 683,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
You know what:

People who are so cash strapped that when a tenant is 5 days late on his rent payment, makes them falter on their mortgage payment, should not have bought real estate in the first place. It is petty!

That's my opinion !
Why is it petty to expect a tenant to meet the payment obligations laid out in the lease? It certainly isn't petty for the tenant to demand the landlord abide by his/her obligations under the lease.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:52 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,268,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
He is being reasonable? Nope.
Ugh my bad....meant "he is being unreasonable?"

No, he isn't in asking you to pay on time.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:57 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,268,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsaa2016 View Post
No we talked about it and he said as long as late fees and if I wanted to renew no problem . I am not a problem tenant and Jesus something happen and I was short on rent why am I irresponsible for this ? Not like I do this often . And no he clearly said 50 a DAY
You are a problem tenant if you don't pay your rent on time. It IS irresponsible! How do you not know this as an adult???

It's no one else's problem if something happened... they are not your friends or family.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:09 PM

11 posts, read 6,671 times
So what's the point of having a late fee in the lease if you can't pay late and this is my last month in the lease. I have no problem paying late fees and after it was going to be a month to month. Sorry I didn't know everyone lived a perfect life . And people that are saying borrow from family , can't do that. So I was only short on rent due to an expense I had to pay . But I talked to him no reason for the negative comments we came to an agreement . It's MY decision to renew lease as he stated and does not care if I pay late as long as the late fees are being paid . And I am being an adult as far as communicating what's going on .

Old 10-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
You know what:

That's my opinion !
Thank you for your outlook stuff happens in life, but I never said I wasn't going to pay any late fees . He knows I always pay on time and it was just one time in February and late fees were paid

Old 10-07-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You are a problem tenant if you don't pay your rent on time. It IS irresponsible! How do you not know this as an adult???

It's no one else's problem if something happened... they are not your friends or family.
I am not a problem tenant what's your point if I'm paying late fees that states it in the lease if I were late ? What's the point of having them ? Have a nice day . I could have not said anything at all and just not paid until I was able that what makes it irresponsible

Old 10-07-2016, 02:07 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,323,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsaa2016 View Post
So what's the point of having a late fee in the lease if you can't pay late and this is my last month in the lease. I have no problem paying late fees and after it was going to be a month to month. Sorry I didn't know everyone lived a perfect life . And people that are saying borrow from family , can't do that. So I was only short on rent due to an expense I had to pay . But I talked to him no reason for the negative comments we came to an agreement . It's MY decision to renew lease as he stated and does not care if I pay late as long as the late fees are being paid . And I am being an adult as far as communicating what's going on .
Just because there are late fees stated does not mean it is okay or acceptable to be late. I am a bit confused; your original post says the landlord doesn't want to renew your lease for being late but now you say he is okay with it. If he is okay with it, what is the point of this thread?

Also, the decision to renew the lease is not just yours. The landlord has as much say, if not more.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Just because there are late fees stated does not mean it is okay or acceptable to be late. I am a bit confused; your original post says the landlord doesn't want to renew your lease for being late but now you say he is okay with it. If he is okay with it, what is the point of this thread?

Also, the decision to renew the lease is not just yours. The landlord has as much say, if not more.
Because I spoke with him again afterwards !! Okay what the hell are you saying ? I told him I was going to be late in advance . And he knows I'm a good tenant so he thought about it and said what he said and asked when can I come in and sign the new lease !!! But thanks a lot and continue to have a nice day .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: