Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 03:54 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,902,108 times

Advertisements

Just be a responsible person and pay on time.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:08 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,341,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsaa2016 View Post
Yes but the lease states that it will be on a month to month basis after the lease term ends

This is even worse for you if you have difficulties paying your rent on time.

Because if you have a lease, let's say a 1-year lease, the LL cannot throw you out just like that, there must be a good reason for that, to evict you before your lease runs out, unless it is something against the lease stipulations.

If you are on a month-to-month contract, the LL, but also YOU, can terminate the contract by giving 30-day notice, and you are out..

t

Old 10-05-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Once the lease expires, Either the landlord or tenant has to give 30 days notice to terminate the month to month agreement. If the landlord does not want you as a tenant. That is their choice and there is no legal recourse. The landlord does have to serve a 30 vacate notice if rent is current to terminate the month to month agreement. Non paid rent will result in eviction and you have to be out sooner than 30 days.
NO, not sooner than 30 days, even if she/he did not pay the rent., He/she can outstay the 30 days, and the LL has to go to court to get his rights.

Or the LL can use the security deposit for the last month's rent.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:11 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times
I do not understand why you believe the landlord is being unreasonable when you are the one paying the rent late.
Check your lease terms and the tenant/landlord guidelines for your area to see what the proper protocol is or can be.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
He is willing to renew if I pay on time . But I told him in advance I was going to be running late with late fees included . But he said if I pay on time he will renew lol so whatever I guess
So, if you cannot pay on time, you have to pay late fees and it switches to month-to-month.

'That's ok, but you have to be careful to pay on time, in future, because if you cannot, he will throw you out and you have only 30 days to look for another apartment, not 1 year, when you have a lease.

Unless you are ready to pay every month late fees! But not every LL accepts this!

Old 10-05-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Now he saying it's okay as long as pay 50 per day it's late ? Is that even legal
No, it is for every 5 days later it is plus $ 50.

5 days late... ....$ 50
10 days late.......$ 100
15 days late...... $ 150
and so on.....

Old 10-05-2016, 05:39 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,731,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
NO, not sooner than 30 days, even if she/he did not pay the rent., He/she can outstay the 30 days, and the LL has to go to court to get his rights.

Or the LL can use the security deposit for the last month's rent.

I see that you have never been a landlord in NV because that statement is false. NV is landlord friendly state and you can have a tenant in lock out within 20 days of filing. Also your statement posted is false

" Because if you have a lease, let's say a 1-year lease, the LL cannot throw you out just like that, there must be a good reason for that, to evict you before your lease runs out, unless it is something against the lease stipulations."

A residential lease in NV can be terminated at any time by the landlord by providing a 30 vacate notice. Your lease in NV only protects rental rates and services. Many tenants in Clark County got the 30 or 60 day boot when a multi housing residential property is sold and then turned into a time share property.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
I see that you have never been a landlord in NV because that statement is false. NV is landlord friendly state and you can have a tenant in lock out within 20 days of filing. Also your statement posted is false

" Because if you have a lease, let's say a 1-year lease, the LL cannot throw you out just like that, there must be a good reason for that, to evict you before your lease runs out, unless it is something against the lease stipulations."

A residential lease in NV can be terminated at any time by the landlord by providing a 30 vacate notice. Your lease in NV only protects rental rates and services. Many tenants in Clark County got the 30 or 60 day boot when a multi housing residential property is sold and then turned into a time share property.
NV = Nevada, is it?

How do you know that this all takes place in Nevada? In the Mojava desert, maybe?

I am speaking about the laws in nyc = _ New York City, that is a tenant-friendly state, thanks God.

Regarding NYC, I tell you, ALL what YOU said Is WRONG and I am RIGHT.

Are you a Broker?
And thanks God I do not live in Nevada!

Old 10-05-2016, 07:04 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,731,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
NV = Nevada, is it?

How do you know that this all takes place in Nevada? In the Mojava desert, maybe?

I am speaking about the laws in nyc = _ New York City, that is a tenant-friendly state, thanks God.

Regarding NYC, I tell you, ALL what YOU said Is WRONG and I am RIGHT.

Are you a Broker?
And thanks God I do not live in Nevada!

I guess when the original poster moves to NYC. The information you posted will Then come in handy.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:12 PM

11 posts, read 13,534 times
Quote:
Hi can I please get some insight/ advice . I have been late on my rent once in feb been staying here since October but now I'm going to be late on my rent in my last month of the lease . I did want to renew my lease . I told my landlord in advance I was going to be late and he completely went off saying he have to pay overdraft fees . Not sure what he means but I deposit checks into his account for rent. And now he is saying if I don't pay on time we can't renew lease but I'm just lost for words . I have no issue paying late fees he is being very unreasonable . So if I pay late is that grounds for him to not to renew lease or would we have to go to court so I can fight that ?
If your boss didn't pay you on time, would that be reasonable? Even if they warned you ahead of time? Would you continue to work there? I think you're out of line. He's already told you what the condition is to renew your lease (pay on time). Either borrow it from someone and be on time from here on out, or plan on moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: