Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:03 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,814,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas taco View Post
west facing 2 story upstairs is 83.2 and dropping in my area southern end of henderson the dew point went back up today to around 50 but it is now dropping to under 40 high today around us was 115 so i will take 83-5 without running the damn ac! we should get the house down to low 70;s in the am
Do you have windows opened on the west side?

Master bedroom upstairs faces west, and if I open the window there, I get warm air blowing in

On the opposite side of the house, I leave the glass sliding door open... No other windows or doors open

I can deal with 83... 87 is a little much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 01:32 AM

243 posts, read 238,643 times
Everyone knows that Las Vegas is really hot from June to September. The rest of the year, especially winter is very mild. Think of summer in Las Vegas as winter in Nebraska. Enjoy the outdoor season in Las Vegas fall, winter and spring where most days are quite nice! In the meantime, jump in your pool in the last afternoons.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:57 PM

359 posts, read 362,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Do you have windows opened on the west side?

Master bedroom upstairs faces west, and if I open the window there, I get warm air blowing in

On the opposite side of the house, I leave the glass sliding door open... No other windows or doors open

I can deal with 83... 87 is a little much

on westside we crack it open an inch or 2 and leave blinds down till sun sets then we open that window about 6 inches nobody is in the room much until night time on eastside is master it is open about 4 inches then downstairs bedroom is also open about 4 inches maybe close the sliding door some and open the upstairs window some more?

Old 07-23-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas taco View Post
on westside we crack it open an inch or 2 and leave blinds down till sun sets then we open that window about 6 inches nobody is in the room much until night time on eastside is master it is open about 4 inches then downstairs bedroom is also open about 4 inches maybe close the sliding door some and open the upstairs window some more?
my bonaire is in really bad location. basically it's in a bedroom downstairs that's kind of isolated. i can get a piece of toilet paper to stick to the upstairs sliding door easily, but if i try it on the master window, it struggles

my normal AC has been stuck on 77F for the past 2.5 hours (since 11am)

i'm going to need to figure out a strategy to maximise the benefits from time of use, it kicks in next month for me, i wanted to go in head first

i will try your suggestions, but most likely i'm going to remove it and patch up the hole, and then build some kind of frame to house it and have it upstairs in the sliding door

Old 07-23-2016, 03:21 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,144,427 times
Quote:
my bonaire is in really bad location. basically it's in a bedroom downstairs that's kind of isolated. i can get a piece of toilet paper to stick to the upstairs sliding door easily, but if i try it on the master window, it struggles

my normal AC has been stuck on 77F for the past 2.5 hours (since 11am)

i'm going to need to figure out a strategy to maximise the benefits from time of use, it kicks in next month for me, i wanted to go in head first

i will try your suggestions, but most likely i'm going to remove it and patch up the hole, and then build some kind of frame to house it and have it upstairs in the sliding door
Might I suggest sending a DM to Scoop? He does not post here anymore, but I believe he still gets an email when someone sends him a DM. He and his wife used swamp coolers, very effectively, and they lived in one of the hottest parts of the valley.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
If you are talking about flush with the inside of your wall, no. It should definitely be flush with the outside of your wall.
would it be a good idea to put some wood framing on the outside, so that it can actually sit flush inside the house?

it sticks out too much and looks really ugly

Old 07-26-2016, 12:30 PM

927 posts, read 885,595 times
Friday should be our last day over 110 this summer.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:57 PM

561 posts, read 683,005 times
Quote:
would it be a good idea to put some wood framing on the outside, so that it can actually sit flush inside the house?

it sticks out too much and looks really ugly
I suppose as long as your certain that the spacers are securely attached to the framing, and the cooler is attached to the spacers. Remember, you've got 92 pounds of water and hardware sitting there. By pushing it farther from the wall, I'd start to worry about torque.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:17 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,165,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Friday should be our last day over 110 this summer.
How much do you want to bet?

Old 07-26-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
How much do you want to bet?
depends on the odds you give. obviously there is a much higher chance of >110 for August

last year we had two days over 110

according to this anyhow:

Las Vegas August Weather 2016 - AccuWeather Forecast for NV 89101
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: