Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 04:19 PM

529 posts, read 514,381 times

Advertisements

I guess I will also note that the Raiders don't have to be the team to take up the deal. If the Raiders solve their stadium situation somehow, some other team could conceivably take Nevada up on the offer as long as they signed the lease by January 2018 with the approval of the NFL. There are no names of teams or investors mentioned in the law as having any sort of exclusive deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 02:49 PM

727 posts, read 1,060,373 times
From Peter King's MMQB today:

I think it’s 85-15 the Raiders move to Las Vegas.

For anyone interested here is the complete article.

Aaron Rodgers

Old 01-16-2017, 03:52 PM

621 posts, read 540,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newopty View Post
From Peter King's MMQB today:

I think it’s 85-15 the Raiders move to Las Vegas.

For anyone interested here is the complete article.

Aaron Rodgers
There is simply too much public money being offered for the Raiders not to move. People can debate about whether that's a terrible thing or not, but it's likely the reason we will be getting an NFL team to our city.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpypotpie View Post
There is simply too much public money being offered for the Raiders not to move. People can debate about whether that's a terrible thing or not, but it's likely the reason we will be getting an NFL team to our city.
I hate the idea of the stadium's public funding and Adelson having anything to do with a public facility but Davis would be a moron to not take the ridiculous offer our government threw at him. I hope he goes with Goldman Sachs, a company I never thought I'd be cheering for.

I suppose there is still a chance the owners won't accept this deal. It's opponent's last chance, it appears.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:45 PM

799 posts, read 712,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasPlayer View Post
I hate the idea of the stadium's public funding and Adelson having anything to do with a public facility but Davis would be a moron to not take the ridiculous offer our government threw at him. I hope he goes with Goldman Sachs, a company I never thought I'd be cheering for.

I suppose there is still a chance the owners won't accept this deal. It's opponent's last chance, it appears.
My objection is using public funds to subsidize billionaires, and getting a really bad deal in return as a nice fat bonus. Other than continue to cast my vote against any of the big spending politicians who think they should obligate taxpayers for this kind of boondoggle (the one I got to vote against lost in November, and I know others did too), there's not much i can do about it now. But enjoy the ride...

And what kind of billionaire is going to vote against someone handing then all that taxpayer money, and all those concession and parking dollars? Money is going to speak a lot louder to them than the perception that they may be fooling someone that sports betting doesn't exist.

At this point, I think it's a bad, but done deal, obligating those who live in Clark County to a generation of public indebtedness for the immediate gratification of a few big spending politicians.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:00 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,825,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
At this point, I think it's a bad, but done deal, obligating those who live in Clark County to a generation of public indebtedness for the immediate gratification of a few big spending politicians.
Not if we vote with our feet

Old 01-17-2017, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Not if we vote with our feet
You're not going to want to live here if stadium gets built and Raiders bail early. The law makes it very clear the investor, whoever it is, can walk away at any time and have the Stadium Authority collapse, forcing taxpayers to clean up the mess. There is no reason to think there will be any other outcome if stadium loses money down the road. The law doesn't even require an NFL team to pay a penalty to break lease.

I'll be retired and moved on by then. Even if it may never affect me, I still think that was dirty to allow the law to be written that way. They let the lobbyists have everything they wanted.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,884,584 times
https://twitter.com/SteveSisolak/sta...27812727349248

"It is official! The @RAIDERS have filed their paperwork to relocate to #LasVegas."

Retweeted by NBC Bay Area a few minutes ago.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:45 AM

2,876 posts, read 4,558,314 times
in the RJ

Oakland Raiders file for relocation to Las Vegas | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Old 01-19-2017, 12:09 PM

621 posts, read 540,537 times
With this move looking more and more likely I'm curious where everyone's preferred site for the new stadium is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas