Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 10:35 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,366,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Hmm. I distinctly remember reading that several years ago. That they stopped construction because engineers said this portion is wrong and needs to be fixed before we can continue. They ran the numbers and it wasn't worth it so it just sits there waiting for a buyer. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe they just want to unload it because that recent article reads like a pitch. "It's the greatest thing ever! You'll want to finish it and not start new!" That makes me skeptical.
I think you are confusing the Fontainebleau with the Harmon at City Center. I believe the Fontainebleau was properly mothballed when the construction was shut down. Remember it was actually far enough along that furniture had been ordered.

If it was in tear down conditions Clark County would have been all over the owners to force it down. The problem they have it is a valuable asset and ordering it down would start a long and expensive court battle. Had a brief discussion on it with a Commissioner and that was his view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 08:39 PM

621 posts, read 538,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I think you are confusing the Fontainebleau with the Harmon at City Center. I believe the Fontainebleau was properly mothballed when the construction was shut down. Remember it was actually far enough along that furniture had been ordered.

If it was in tear down conditions Clark County would have been all over the owners to force it down. The problem they have it is a valuable asset and ordering it down would start a long and expensive court battle. Had a brief discussion on it with a Commissioner and that was his view.
Having a stadium next door almost certainly would have led to that project being finished. Maybe it will be anyway. Hope so. It's a total eyesore in it's semi-finished state.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:47 AM

9,889 posts, read 7,230,972 times
The Raiders present lease terms they want.

Team will:

- pay $1 yearly rental
- receive 100% of all revenue from the stadium and plaza naming rights and all signage revenue
- select concession company and receive 100% of concession and parking revenue for Raider games
- have approval rights for any other football game at the stadium - including UNLV and bowl games
- have approval rights for any changes in field markings during those game including the right to maintain Raider logo on the field and stadium during those games

Old 01-28-2017, 12:15 PM

452 posts, read 337,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post

Team will:

- pay $1 yearly rental
- receive 100% of all revenue from the stadium and plaza naming rights and all signage revenue
- select concession company and receive 100% of concession and parking revenue for Raider games
- have approval rights for any other football game at the stadium - including UNLV and bowl games
- have approval rights for any changes in field markings during those game including the right to maintain Raider logo on the field and stadium during those games
First draft, there will be changes

Old 01-28-2017, 12:49 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,281,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

I think you may be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post

Team will:

- pay $1 yearly rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoccer99 View Post
First draft, there will be changes
I hope so because reading it left a really bad taste in my mouth. It was like them saying, "Las Vegas is our doormat and here we wipe our feet on it with pleasure." Sheesh. Right now, I really don't feel good about the deal due to this.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:50 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,967,802 times
RAIDERS,,,RAIDERSSSS,RAIDERSSSSSSS. Bring them and they will come.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:55 PM

Well, they're living up to their name. Raiders, "We pillage the village."

Old 01-28-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I think you may be right.

I hope so because reading it left a really bad taste in my mouth. It was like them saying, "Las Vegas is our doormat and here we wipe our feet on it with pleasure." Sheesh. Right now, I really don't feel good about the deal due to this.
I hope so too, I really want this stadium for what it will do for UNLV and help grow the city. This is really the first thing that has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoccer99 View Post
I hope so too, I really want this stadium for what it will do for UNLV and help grow the city. This is really the first thing that has left a sour taste in my mouth.
I wonder if they were like, "Let's write up our dream contract and see if they'll give us everything."

Fleece the sheep while they're asleep. It's a super sweet deal for them all around. Man.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I wonder if they were like, "Let's write up our dream contract and see if they'll give us everything."

Fleece the sheep while they're asleep. It's a super sweet deal for them all around. Man.
From a raiders point of view, why wouldn't they try and get the best possible deal? Hopefully the stadium authority is good at negotiating, at least for UNLV's sake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas