Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 04:14 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia775 View Post
Of all the things that Vegas offers, it's always the one you want that they don't have
I know it's true for me with some Asian dishes that I occasionally crave. Thousands of restaurants and none of the serve the dish I want haha
Pork tenderloin sandwich. I've found two places: Hash House a Go Go was a huge patty on a minuscule bun. They try, but don't understand the correct way to serve one. The tenderloin was excellent, but the bun was a joke. They also don't serve a breaded tenderloin fixed like a grilled tenderloin. (White cheese and jalapenos). I talked to the chef and he said he'd stop and talk about it. Yeah, never happened and I didn't expect it to.

Tap House Italian American Bar and Sports Bar. haven't been there yet, but plan on it.

I also found a website that gives 15 best tenderloins in Las Vegas. Some are Sushi bars. WTH? I don't trust that one much, but I'm going to look through all the menus.

Someone here has to know how to make a proper tenderloin sandwich. I just have to find a Midwesterner who owns a restaurant here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 05:41 PM

7 posts, read 4,229 times
We got rid of a lot of furniture (a few old bedroom sets, old living room furniture, lots of bookcases) so we need to buy some new furniture when we find a house. Even though we got rid of half our stuff, we still have 80 boxes and probably 6000 lbs to move. We considered many options for moving our stuff - from renting our own truck to PODS to full-service movers. We finally decided on full service moves since the price of PODS and self-moving didn't really make either one worth it. I'm hoping they work out OK because I've heard lots of horror stories. I'll have a better idea by this time tomorrow! We're putting everything in storage out there.
It's funny...I retired last year and my old company just contacted me. They want me to do some consulting and they're OK with me doing it from Las Vegas. So I guess I'm going back to work for a while.
Thanks for the pets website. I'll take a look.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:48 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRook View Post
In the meantime, my retirement will be coming to an end. My old company wants me to do some consulting (working from home, wherever that may be) and I'll do that for a while.
I've come to believe there is no such thing as retirement. You just change what you do each day.

Besides which, this entire idea of working for a living is highly over-rated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas