Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:32 AM

109 posts, read 532,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby913 View Post
If they put red lights cameras anywhere in the city limits they would make millions of dollars a month.
SSSHHHH SSSHHH, They come and read on this forum too!! They will know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 12:05 PM

315 posts, read 1,624,870 times
I have lived in eight US states and one province in Canada and in every place I have lived, multiple people have told me [fill in the state] has "the worst drivers". I really don't think any one state/city/town has drivers any worse than anywhere else.

As an interesting aside, I have never met anyone that was willing to admit they were not a "good driver".

I think it is a universal truth that most, if not all, believe they are a better driver than the person next to them on the road.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:07 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
it's not ME, it's everyone else................

Old 02-03-2008, 12:38 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasudab View Post
Does anyone know why they drive so aggressively or have such a bad rap?
Because they are talking on their cell phones while eating, putting on makeup, changing clothes, having sex and reading all at the same time!

Old 02-03-2008, 11:05 AM

24 posts, read 143,004 times
It does not cease to amaze me how so many people do not know what to do at a 4-way stop sign. There are a few 4-way stops in my area and people are always going when it's not their turn or not going when it is their turn. And don't get me started on people trying to make a left-hand turn from a stop sign with no signal. What's up with all the no-signal drivers in this town too?!?!

Old 02-03-2008, 11:10 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,390,917 times
It starts with the attitude that it is only me on the road with no regards to others and important laws.
Speed is the most important problem of all. People drive way too fast . Cops are not emphasing enforcement so drivers are taking advantage of it.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 AM

697 posts, read 3,279,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby913 View Post
If they put red lights cameras anywhere in the city limits they would make millions of dollars a month.
That would also require a change in the state constitution. They are illegal. I for one am in support of the cameras.

I would argue that our city does not have terrible drivers as a whole. Now of course, we have our share of idiots, but for the most part, drivers in Las Vegas are average. I think people drive better here than Denver and Detroit, but worse than California. The areas with tourists are just horrible to drive in, so stay away and you will do fine. The areas where tourists do not frequent are not bad at all. Our drivers are average, not great, but not horrible either.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 AM

697 posts, read 3,279,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
It starts with the attitude that it is only me on the road with no regards to others and important laws.
Speed is the most important problem of all. People drive way too fast . Cops are not able to emphase enforcement so drivers are taking advantage of it.
We need more manpower. Remember that next election when we vote on the gaming tax increase please.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:44 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Because they are talking on their cell phones while eating, putting on makeup, changing clothes, having sex and reading all at the same time!
....if your gonna change clothes in your car you might as well have sex.....

Old 02-03-2008, 10:07 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesmithjanesmith View Post
It does not cease to amaze me how so many people do not know what to do at a 4-way stop sign. There are a few 4-way stops in my area and people are always going when it's not their turn or not going when it is their turn. And don't get me started on people trying to make a left-hand turn from a stop sign with no signal. What's up with all the no-signal drivers in this town too?!?!
I agree, it seems like no one puts on their signals, so I just honk the horn at them...I can't stand it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: