Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 05:51 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,489,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistas View Post
Absolutely! I yelled at one and was like: "Really? You can't wait until I'm done?" And he was like: "No SIR, I have to clean." I wanted to punch him in the face. Next time I'll just report him to management and they'll get a replacement from Honduras or wherever these cockroaches are coming from.
You sound miserable.

Edit: And racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 10:26 PM

399 posts, read 549,582 times
Here's a resident creeper at one of Venetian's bathrooms. There he is in all his glory. Not all janitors are creepers. Those who are either cleaning or are NOT there - those are not creepers. Those who are there ALL the f-ing time, "standing watch"/just hanging around are creepers and possibly perverts.
Attached Thumbnails
Creepy Janitors in Hotel Bathrooms-1.jpg   Creepy Janitors in Hotel Bathrooms-2.jpg  

Old 06-19-2014, 03:27 AM

104 posts, read 255,321 times
Quote:
Here's a resident creeper at one of Venetian's bathrooms. There he is in all his glory. Not all janitors are creepers. Those who are either cleaning or are NOT there - those are not creepers. Those who are there ALL the f-ing time, "standing watch"/just hanging around are creepers and possibly perverts.
Libelous.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:59 AM

35 posts, read 48,749 times
You do realize that restroom attendants are there to discourage rowdy behavior in the restrooms eg people trashing the place, pissing everywhere, couples getting it on in the stalls, etc right? You're not supposed to tip them unless you apply cologne, use the mouthwash, or hair products.

Simply having a well-dressed person offering you a service (useless as it may be) is extremely effective in keeping the douchebags in line. When it doesn't work, they have a radio to instantly call security & janitorial staff to come handle the situation and clean up the mess which as stated before is entirely off-camera. Would you rather have a security guard watch you take a leak like in prison? Me neither.

it simply amazes me in a town based entirely on hospitality how clueless some residents are about the industry

Old 06-19-2014, 07:56 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,179,609 times
In 2009 my roommate had a gig as a bathroom attendant down on Fremont street. The position lasted probably less than a month but was a gateway to get into a security position.(which he eventually got into). He wore a full suit any tie everyday(Thursday-Saturday evenings)to work. He never touched any toilets, sinks or floors.

He just passed out wet wipes, cologne, gum, floss, peppermint and sometimes had a lint roller. He made his half of the rent from making at least $100 a night. Twice as much on large conventions/concerts nights. He was not an hourly employee. He was contracted through some rinky dink company that also provides those sign spinners you see on all the corners.

This is my only personal encounter with a bathroom attendant.(besides the ones I have met in bathrooms).

Out of all the nuances in this town(street performers/pan handlers/scammers/jay walkers/hit and runs)...bathroom attendants shouldn't even be an issue. When I encounter them, I just smile and keep it moving. You can barely do that to most panhandlers or scammers. And you definitely don't want to do that to a jay walker. :-)

Old 06-19-2014, 08:11 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,280,104 times
When I no longer needed my mother's assistance in the bathroom, I no longer needed ANYBODY'S assistance in the bathroom.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:39 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,801,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
When I no longer needed my mother's assistance in the bathroom, I no longer needed ANYBODY'S assistance in the bathroom.
Ummm.. they're not offering to hold it for you. They are offering products in which you may be interested (towel, cologne, etc). If you're not interested, say no. I don't understand how anyone would have an issue with being offered a service. Unless a person is feeble-minded and doesn't know how to say "No, thank you" if not interested.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,280,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Ummm.. they're not offering to hold it for you. They are offering products in which you may be interested (towel, cologne, etc). If you're not interested, say no. I don't understand how anyone would have an issue with being offered a service. Unless a person is feeble-minded and doesn't know how to say "No, thank you" if not interested.

Mom didn't hold it for me either, and I know full well how to say "No, thank you."

Look, in that situation, I just don't want anybody hanging around, offering me any sort of service, or involving themselves in my bathroom visit in any way. Is it too much to ask to be left totally alone to do my bathroom business?

Old 06-19-2014, 12:22 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,142,681 times
Quote:
And if he wasn't standing there like that - he'd get fired!

Old 06-19-2014, 12:29 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,801,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
And if he wasn't standing there like that - he'd get fired!
No, people are only concerned about unemployment when it affects them. Don't worry about the dude who has to hang out in the bathrooms to earn a paycheck. Let him and his family get on the government dole so we all get to pay him instead of his employer. Idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: