Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:31 AM

515 posts, read 1,833,163 times

Advertisements

Was there this past weekend. Highly recommend. Very nice place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 11:50 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,279,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Angry View Post
I agree. And, IMO, when the rest of the stores and eating places get opened, it will only get better.

I would hope they would work on the signage at the entrance though - Found getting to Town Square / Fry's a little confusing.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:12 PM

151 posts, read 227,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Angry View Post
I could not agree more. They did a very nice job with it. Feels like its own little village. Very nice for tourists as well as the locals.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:34 PM

51 posts, read 212,792 times
I visited this for Thanskgiving weekend, and wow, it really impressed me!

The off-ramp to the parking lot is GOLDEN!! There were so many times when trying to get into Fry's was such a nightmare!

Parking wasn't too difficult to find, especially for a holiday weekend. The Rave Motion Pictures is a really nice theater, easily one of my favorites! They have all the shops they have in california, including H&M, and when that Yardhouse opens up by the theaters, it will be quite similar to The Block in OC!

Summers will be rough, though..

Old 11-28-2007, 05:43 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,395,245 times
Been told some 30% of the stores are not open yet. Is that correct?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:52 PM

151 posts, read 227,650 times
Thats true. A lot of the stores and some of the restaurants are not open yet.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:44 PM

515 posts, read 1,833,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Been told some 30% of the stores are not open yet. Is that correct?
Yeah I'd say that. Lot of coming soon signs.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:07 PM

697 posts, read 3,280,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogRyan View Post
I visited this for Thanskgiving weekend, and wow, it really impressed me!

The off-ramp to the parking lot is GOLDEN!! There were so many times when trying to get into Fry's was such a nightmare!

Parking wasn't too difficult to find, especially for a holiday weekend. The Rave Motion Pictures is a really nice theater, easily one of my favorites! They have all the shops they have in california, including H&M, and when that Yardhouse opens up by the theaters, it will be quite similar to The Block in OC!

Summers will be rough, though..
It is still tough to get out of Frys though. Something should be done there. But agreed, that off-ramp into the parking lot is way nice.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,371,558 times
I'm really surprised that you guys enjoyed it. Only about 40% (or so we heard on TV) of the stores are open. The place was a zoo, but I imagine the crowd will spread out once they get all the stores open. There was no place to eat except Claim Jumper and it was an hour wait. A security guard told us there was a seafood restaurant somewhere in there but we didn't understand where he was talking about, and only wanted a light lunch, so we left. There is plenty of parking but God help you if you don't drop bread crumbs to find your way back to your car. When it is fully open it will be a beautiful place and interesting design. But like the outlet mall downtown, they seem to forget that it is usually 110º to 115º in the summer, and I don't intend to walk for blocks and blocks in the heat when I can find all the same stores in enclosed malls all over town. They claim that they will cater to locals but I doubt they will make it without tourists. I wonder, though, if tourists will want to be outside in the heat either, especially when they have those same stores in the Fashion Show and other enclosed malls on the Strip. The day we were there we were really frustrated with it, and I had the impression everyone else was too. I don't think they should have opened until more of the stores and restaurants were open. I think they blew their chance to make a good first impression. It will be months before we go back, but I'm sure we'll give it another shot after they get it all together. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM

51 posts, read 212,792 times
My sister was helping to open a store there, and she told me that they were rushing to open up the mall the week before thanksgiving. I can only assume it would be to generate some buzz about the mall and get some of the Black Friday shoppers/moviegoers. And since it's right next to Fry's, people probably spent some time checking out the new place anyways, so it makes a bit of business sense.

With the first H&M (to my knowledge) in Vegas, it was sure to be a big hit. That store is right on par with the one @ South Coast Plaza in Orange County!

I honestly don't know why developers go for the open-air malls in Vegas. Even the ones in San Diego are stretching it when summer comes around. Winter is way too cold for a casual stroll, which basically leaves you with six months of IDEAL outdoor shopping weather... maybe they know something I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas