Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmckenna View Post
What and where is "town square"?

Obviously shops and stuff, but I have never heard of it. MOving to vegas in 3 weeks.
Here's the link...

Town Square Las Vegas

Good luck with your move...and welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 09:49 AM

572 posts, read 1,684,619 times
visited this place 3 times on my last trip to Vegas. Loved it!

I asked about the whole open air thing during the summer. Apparently they have misters installed that spray during the summer.

Had dinner at Claim Jumper.. definitely recommend it (and didn't have to wait too long for a table either). Looking forward to trying the other restaurants there next time.

Only downfall was leaving the place...that whole exit onto LVBS/215/15 is a bit tricky.. especially when you then sit in traffic for 45 minutes on 215. Quickly discovered the main traffic light on LVBS. Much easier going out that way and up to Russell and over.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones978 View Post
visited this place 3 times on my last trip to Vegas. Loved it!

I asked about the whole open air thing during the summer. Apparently they have misters installed that spray during the summer.

Had dinner at Claim Jumper.. definitely recommend it (and didn't have to wait too long for a table either). Looking forward to trying the other restaurants there next time.

Only downfall was leaving the place...that whole exit onto LVBS/215/15 is a bit tricky.. especially when you then sit in traffic for 45 minutes on 215. Quickly discovered the main traffic light on LVBS. Much easier going out that way and up to Russell and over.

I liked the whole idea of the place! I DID notice quite a few out of town license plates in the parking lot, so the tourists seem to like it as well. The shops are just about the same ones you see in the hotels, plus a few new ones. This is a great place for families with kids/baby carriages...have a bite to eat, get some dessert, listen to the live music, stroll around the streets of shops...

Misters are little water sprinklers...that spray a fine mist of water. It cools the air down a bit, makes it more pleasant to be outdoors in 114 degree heat.

It's similiar to "The District" next to Green Valley Ranch...only on a much larger scale and without the lofts on top of the stores.

An open air shopping plaza (with condo's/lofts) similiar to this one, will be opening behind Red Rock Station as well, and another, smaller one is going to be incorporated into Market Street at Sullivan Square (Sunset and Durango)

Old 04-04-2008, 04:27 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
They just opened an open air mall here too. The sidewalks are heated. Keeps the snow and ice off, I suppose. It is not, however, going to keep me warm as I do not tread in the winter in barefeet. Needless to say, I didn't visit it in the dead of winter. I did go at the first snow for about a half hour around Christmas because I had to get a gift card at one of the stores there and it was pretty with the big flakes and lights and HUGE decorated tree. It was in the 30s. I would not attempt it at -10 degrees. OTOH, not so sure how 85 and humid is going to do either.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I liked the whole idea of the place! I DID notice quite a few out of town license plates in the parking lot, so the tourists seem to like it as well. The shops are just about the same ones you see in the hotels, plus a few new ones. This is a great place for families with kids/baby carriages...have a bite to eat, get some dessert, listen to the live music, stroll around the streets of shops...

Misters are little water sprinklers...that spray a fine mist of water. It cools the air down a bit, makes it more pleasant to be outdoors in 114 degree heat.

It's similiar to "The District" next to Green Valley Ranch...only on a much larger scale and without the lofts on top of the stores.

An open air shopping plaza (with condo's/lofts) similiar to this one, will be opening behind Red Rock Station as well, and another, smaller one is going to be incorporated into Market Street at Sullivan Square (Sunset and Durango)

See, and I went to the District. I wasn't impressed at all. It was just the one thoroughfare of stores, pretty much (I know there is more on the other side of GV pkway, but from what I gathered, it was only restaurants and the whole foods on that side?)

Im trying to visualize the one at Red Rock station, and can't figure out how that is going to work. I did see the video online for Sullivan Square. If it's even half of what they claim it will be, it's going to be absolutely stunning! My only concern however, is that part of town is already getting congested, and a lot of the streets do not cut all the way through. They really need to look into additional traffic lights, etc. for over there. (i'm sure they have looked into this, but you never know, right?)

Old 04-04-2008, 08:21 PM

It will take time, but all the traffic congestion will ease up in that southwest area.

And yeah, the District is kinda small, but you got to remember, it was a totally new concept at the time and quite different than what we were used to.

Nowadays, those live/shop communities are becoming all the rage...and they're getting bigger.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,623 times
I personally did not like Town Center. It is nice to go and look around, but the prices were quite more expensive then other places. I personally like the Outlet shops on Charleston. It is nice to have the restaurants there thou, pretty good selection.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:58 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
the Borders is amazing at Town Square!

Old 04-05-2008, 06:44 PM

638 posts, read 2,244,369 times
Town Square is great and all while it is still pretty cool outside. I have doubts about people just wanting to hang out and sip coffee on the not-so shaded sidewalks when it is 110 outside. I think many people are waiting for a nice AIR CONDITIONED mega mall where they can spend the day. I think the District does ok in the summer because people can run into Green Valley Ranch real quick to gamble, cool off, and grab a drink. Not sure how Town Square will hold up. There is nothing right next store to support it. I hope it is successful though, I think its a pretty good project.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
the Borders is amazing at Town Square!

That borders opened TWO DAYS after I left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas