Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2013, 07:28 AM

21 posts, read 74,713 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at jobs on the MGM Careers website and notice that all of the jobs posted have a "Position Level".
I'm assuming that these levels directly correspond to the salary range of the position, as a housekeeping position is level 4 and the Director of Marketing is a level 13.
I've looked around the web (glassdoor, etc.) and cannot find any information regarding the salary ranges of any particular level.
Does anyone here know the breakdown of these Levels and pay scales?

Your help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 PM

No MGM employees here?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:53 AM

59 posts, read 113,117 times
There are plenty here, but we are not at liberty to discuss internal stuff. There is no published or publicly available list of ranges within each level. Nothing is set in stone and your qualifications, skills and background play a significant part on the compensation issue. My best suggestion is for you to apply to jobs that fit your skills and qualifications, then be interviewed and then, when a job offer is extended, that's when you talk numbers. Also do not forget that you have to pass a background check and drug test.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:52 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,916 times
I'm willing to talk about it without reservations... I don't know OP.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl2LVNV View Post
There are plenty here, but we are not at liberty to discuss internal stuff. There is no published or publicly available list of ranges within each level. Nothing is set in stone and your qualifications, skills and background play a significant part on the compensation issue. My best suggestion is for you to apply to jobs that fit your skills and qualifications, then be interviewed and then, when a job offer is extended, that's when you talk numbers. Also do not forget that you have to pass a background check and drug test.
Got it. I was just curious.

Thank you for the reply.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:33 AM

15 posts, read 44,557 times
Typically in a company’s job structure/jobs architecture there are position levels, which roughly equates to the number of levels away from the CEO that position is. For example, a Director might be a PL 4 because she reports to a VP who reports to a SVP who reports to a CEO. Some companies call them position levels, others might call them career bands, but it’s more or less the same thing.

These things certainly tend to correlate with salary, but salary ranges (or, the range within which a company is willing to pay someone for a job) are more based on the content of the job and what the labor market is paying for that work/skill sets required to do that work. For example, a unique technical skill might require a very high salary, even though the person with that skill is in a position that reports to a manager who reports to a Director who reports up, etc. In that case the PL could be, say, a 6 but the person is getting paid more than a Director in a functional area that in general pays lower. What really matters is what skills does the person have, what work will they be doing and what does the labor market pay for that.

PatsFan

Old 02-05-2015, 10:17 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
So, is the "position level" wage still a secret? Any update for this?

Old 02-07-2015, 11:07 PM

1 posts, read 10,731 times
No..... it makes no difference what we tell you..... yes higher the position level the higher the pay but nobody will tell you what each level is paid..... I will tell you this somebody that's the same level as me gets paid about 5 dollars more an hour than I do.... your best option is to look up the specific job title on glassdoor and hope to get a better idea of the pay range
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas