Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:06 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,546 times

Advertisements

Flamingo West across from the DMV is a well kept mobile park community in Spring Valley, unfortunately manufactured homes community get a negative connotation. Too bad but anyway Flamingo West has beautiful desert landscaping in its premises. The mobile home community on Boulder Hwy is a different story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 07:55 AM

23,212 posts, read 29,023,557 times
As you'd expect, you're going to pay a lot more for you MH in a park where you own your own land, and subsequently, lower HOA fees.

Anytime I see a MH for sale for $5k-$10k, something tells me right away it's located in a park with very high lot rent!

My roommate's friend, who is locked into a park with $650 a month lot rent, and is ready to fly the coop there, doesn't even think she'll get a buyer for $5k!

Old 05-21-2013, 09:31 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
This has always been my last choice for a place to retire, due the unpredictability of lot rent increases and the changes of ownership of the parks. There was an article last year concerning a man, out in Henderson, whose rent increased to $750 a month, due to a change of ownership, and he didn't think he could afford to live there in that park anymore. He was calculating that the new owners could care less if you move, bail out, as any number of people just walk away and leave their trailers behind for the new owners to confiscate and rent out.

I'm wondering if more of this is happening in the Valley. When I take the bus home from work, down Pecos, I see an increasing number of empty lots in one mobile home park, and up the street they're advertising mobile homes for rent in a senior park. What happened? Lot rent got too high, and they bailed out, left their trailers behind?

My roommate was recently visiting an elderly lady in a senior mobile home park on near Lamb/Sahara, where she has seen her rent rise from $225 to $650 over the years, with only $1000 a month in social security. And given utilities, house repairs, she's ready to bail out!

I've seen on various MH sites there's mobile home co-ops in various cities, that's where the residents of a park virtually bought the mobile home park themselves and turned it into a co-op. There's one in Tucson I studied where the lot rent is only around $150 a month due to the fact that it's a co-op! And you have to be approved by the board of directors to live there.

So why aren't more of these park residents doing likewise, to avert these continual lot rent increases, in many cases, forcing them out of their homes?

The article concerning the mobile home owner in Henderson was some what exagerated. Their month lot rent didn't go up over night to $750.00 a month. That owner has lived in that community since that mobile home community was built. At the time that community was built where the lots originally sold to individuals. Only a few sold a majority were turned into lot rentals. That 55 and older community was voted as nicest mobile home community in the US.

It's gated and when you have a gated community the owners of that community must maintain their own roads, the rec-center, pool, spa, tennis courts and putting green all common area's the two parks. There are over 300 mobile homes in that community and only a couple have ever moved out. The community is close to shopping and dining as well as being located in Green Valley a much sought after area to live.

There are othe mobile home courts that are cheaper but still high due to maintenance and let's face it large companies own these properties and they are in the business to make money. So if you want to avoid a large monthly lot fee than you will need to purchase the lot. However you may not care for the area's that those are located in. I do know that there are a couple of homes in the Henderson mobile home park previously mentioned have some for sale that include the lot.

You should hook up with a real-estate firm that deals in mobile homes and they can assist you.

Here is a link to look up mobile home parks in and around Las Vegas.

HENDERSON NV - Mobile Homes For Sale

www.mhvillage.com/.../MobileHomeParks.php?State=NV...HENDERSO...
94 Manufactured and Mobile Home Communities in LAS VEGAS, NV

www.mhvillage.com/.../MobileHomeParks.php?State=NV...LAS+VEGA...
Good Luck in your search

Old 02-18-2014, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 9,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Flamingo West across from the DMV is a well kept mobile park community in Spring Valley, unfortunately manufactured homes community get a negative connotation. Too bad but anyway Flamingo West has beautiful desert landscaping in its premises. The mobile home community on Boulder Hwy is a different story.

Totally disagree! Flamingo West is NOT well kept and deserves a negative connotation.
the cactus landscaping needs attention desperately, the gutters, parking lots, RV area and mail box areas
need sweeping, weeding and liter patrol. $700-$850 space rental is way too much.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 9,151 times
Desert Inn Mobile Home estates #2 and # 3 are senior parks where you also own the land underneath you. The HOA fees are around $50 / month.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ1947 View Post
Totally disagree! Flamingo West is NOT well kept and deserves a negative connotation.
the cactus landscaping needs attention desperately, the gutters, parking lots, RV area and mail box areas
need sweeping, weeding and liter patrol. $700-$850 space rental is way too much.
I drive by the area on a regular basis, the front of the the area is well kept, those desert plants need to stay the way they are. I have been inside the mobile home area as well and it looks well kept. You don't mess with the plants, especially the desert plants, it will get ruined. Right now all of the desert plants at Flamingo West are thriving and blooming. If those plants are not maintained well, they will all look unhealthy. Ocotillos, Red Yuccas, Prickly Pear..... they are all blooming at the moment.

As far as negative connotation, I am talking about Manufactured Homes/Mobile Homes/Trailer Parks in general!

Old 04-29-2014, 02:45 AM

For those who are curious, here is a google image of Flamingo West Mobile home community. Click the Satellite in the right hand top corner on the map.

Flamingo West

Old 03-01-2015, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 8,423 times
I live in the 55 + manufactured park in Henderson, 300 homes and space rents all over the board- from $450- mth to $950-mth. They have no justification as to why all these VARIOUS space rents. It seems to me and OTHERS in this Community, the New Owners are taking ADVANTAGE of Senior Citizens. With all the Scams being reported on our various NEWS Channels, this one beats Channel 13 HOA Hall of Shame.....

There's no publicity like BAD Publicity- The Owner of the Park needs to get this SPACE RENT uniform- depending on lot size, etc... and realistic on the Rent- perhaps $650 - $750!! After all, this is Henderson, NV, not Southern California!!!!

Old 03-02-2015, 12:04 PM

107 posts, read 138,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I believe there's 4 parks in Las Vegas were you own the land under your trailer. The 2 I know of are near DI/Cabana/Sam's Town, Desert Inn Estates I & II. Association fees I believe are $50-$100.
I live in DI I. Presently dues are 87.45 monthly and include water. I've heard DI II (seniors only) is $45 per month and include water and 24 hour security. As word of that spreads throughout DI I, the owners are not real happy with the discrepancy.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 7,476 times
There is a serious problem in this community due to dog's ordure. Even though there are places for dog's owner to go walk their dogs they don't care and they let their dogs urinate and droppings everywhere, including renter/owner space.
The manager always give the excuse: "well do they pick it up". and he says the dog's can do all their ordure on the street. How can you pick-up urine?
In addition, they do their droppings in front of my space and even if they pick it up there is always residue for you to walk over it if you don't pay attention.
This is outrageous and disgusting as well as complete disrespect for their neighbors.

The solution is to fire the manager so someone else can control the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: