Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times

Advertisements

the Marshall Retail Group is hiring. MRG A strong job history is required, retail preferred.... Highschool Diploma or GED is a must as well as clean backround and drug screen.

The company has nothing to do with Marshall's the clothing store. MRG has over 100 locations, most in Vegas... Women's Clothing, Men's Clothing, Shoes, Candy, Souvenirs, Swartosky, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 01:08 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,001,725 times
And the restaurant where I work is trying to fill several high-end fine dining positions. There are cooks jobs ALL OVER THE STRIP right now.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 AM

419 posts, read 907,562 times
...and there are warehouse jobs all over the city...but you must usually pass a drug test.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:40 AM

15,868 posts, read 14,495,108 times
Yes, but I have a feeling you need to know how to cook first. Seeing what's going on in NYC, in addition to what your seeing in LV, experienced line cooks are not underemployed. But still I doubt you can walk in off the street, with no fine dining experience, and get a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
And the restaurant where I work is trying to fill several high-end fine dining positions. There are cooks jobs ALL OVER THE STRIP right now.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 AM

20 posts, read 107,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
...and there are warehouse jobs all over the city...but you must usually pass a drug test.
this is good news for me as someone looking to move back to vegas sometime this year or next year. i seen numerous postings for warehouse work on indeed.com. even today pepsi had a posting for full-time warehouse.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:15 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,001,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Yes, but I have a feeling you need to know how to cook first. Seeing what's going on in NYC, in addition to what your seeing in LV, experienced line cooks are not underemployed. But still I doubt you can walk in off the street, with no fine dining experience, and get a job.
And the retail jobs posted above asked for retail experience. Of course people need to be experienced. The point I'm making is that we are desperate for cooks. Most of the strip is. Restaurants are opening, not closing. And there is currently high demand for cooks.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,539,169 times
there is ONE job at the pepsico site... just because you guys see them on the site during a brief view, doesn't mean they are still accepting applications for that position.

this is the ONLY position available at pepsico:

Technician - Vending/Fountain Equipment (field) - Full-time/Nights

Requirements POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Mechanical background; experience in garage, electronics and use of mechanical equipment
* Must be able to pass refrigeration certification - Type I & Type II Practices
* Refrigeration certification preferred
* Electronic experience preferred
* Basic plumbing and soldering knowledge
* Basic knowledge of CO2 and Freon

BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
* 18 years or older
* 21 years or older if CDL Required
* Pass the drug Test
* Pass the background check
* Senior technician requires certification in refrigeration

HELPFUL EXPERIENCE:
* Working with mechanical systems (for example, knowing mechanical concepts, troubleshooting and repairing appliances, performing basic household repair in plumbing, circuits, fuses, and electrical components, or operating hand tools and power tools)
* Serving customers (for example, resolving customer issues, ensuring appropriate communication with store managers, or following up on customer requests)
* Working with basic refrigeration systems (for example, understanding refrigeration cycle, Freon, compressors, evaporators, or condensers)
* Working with electrical systems (for example, understanding flow, wiring, outlets, etc.)
* Working with plumbing (for example, working with drains, water supply, ice makers, shut-off valves, sweating copper, or filtration systems, etc.)
* Generating and setting work schedules (determining priority of work and building work schedules)
* Equipment installation (HVAC, refrigeration, auto, copiers, fountain products, etc.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty faking specialized.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:09 PM

20 posts, read 107,105 times
Las Vegas Warehouse Person (Loader)- Full-time/Nights - NV, 89118

That's what I was looking at earlier.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:14 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,162,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
there is ONE job at the pepsico site... just because you guys see them on the site during a brief view, doesn't mean they are still accepting applications for that position.

this is the ONLY position available at pepsico:

Technician - Vending/Fountain Equipment (field) - Full-time/Nights

Requirements POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Mechanical background; experience in garage, electronics and use of mechanical equipment
* Must be able to pass refrigeration certification - Type I & Type II Practices
* Refrigeration certification preferred
* Electronic experience preferred
* Basic plumbing and soldering knowledge
* Basic knowledge of CO2 and Freon

BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
* 18 years or older
* 21 years or older if CDL Required
* Pass the drug Test
* Pass the background check
* Senior technician requires certification in refrigeration

HELPFUL EXPERIENCE:
* Working with mechanical systems (for example, knowing mechanical concepts, troubleshooting and repairing appliances, performing basic household repair in plumbing, circuits, fuses, and electrical components, or operating hand tools and power tools)
* Serving customers (for example, resolving customer issues, ensuring appropriate communication with store managers, or following up on customer requests)
* Working with basic refrigeration systems (for example, understanding refrigeration cycle, Freon, compressors, evaporators, or condensers)
* Working with electrical systems (for example, understanding flow, wiring, outlets, etc.)
* Working with plumbing (for example, working with drains, water supply, ice makers, shut-off valves, sweating copper, or filtration systems, etc.)
* Generating and setting work schedules (determining priority of work and building work schedules)
* Equipment installation (HVAC, refrigeration, auto, copiers, fountain products, etc.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty faking specialized.
Looks like about an $18-24 an hour job if you meet all requirements or about $14-18 if they have to train for anything. Am I close?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:45 PM

419 posts, read 907,562 times
You know the best way to find a job? Shoe leather. I've helped many of my friends find
jobs over the years. I tell them , identify the type of job you're qualified for, and desiring, and who employs people in that occupation and go door-to-door with resume and a smile.

Contact, in person, all the companies that fit that profile...You will avoid the cattle calls and mass interviews and 100's of respondents to an ad. You only need ONE good employer to have a need and you're there with almost no competition. The more places you visit, the more your odds improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas