Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 10:15 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,492,706 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^
Bluff>>>>>>a cliff, headland, or hill with a broad, steep face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 11:17 PM

77 posts, read 105,489 times
I used to think they were all underwhelming cookie cutters and didn't care for them or their HOA's. Long story short I recently bought a New KB Home near the Mesa's and I pulled up the other day, hit my garage opener only to discover my garage door going up next door so I restarted the car and moved over to "my" house. Lol. Its cookie cutter. It's HOA and I like it.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:25 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
I took some photos of a home under-construction on a bluff in Spring Valley while waiting for my car at the shop for its regularly scheduled maintenance. Beautiful views up here, you can drive up the bluff and have a view of the Strip, Red Rock Canyon and the neighborhood.
In Mexico, you can't get homeowner's insurance on a house built out of wood, must be concrete, so if you built this house Mexico, no insurance, you'd have to resort to a lot of praying it doesn't burn down or get eaten by termites!

Understandable, the lumber companies hate Mexico!

Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,492,706 times
^^^^Well, different country, different regulation!!

Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
If you insist upon concrete for your house (except the roof which will be wood!), like myself, you can always buy an older home in an older area of central Las Vegas when homes were then built with cinder blocks.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:45 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If you insist upon concrete for your house (except the roof which will be wood!), like myself, you can always buy an older home in an older area of central Las Vegas when homes were then built with cinder blocks.
There are homes around of all concrete construction. Involves a premium but not a huge one. Actually the fixer mansion above is all concrete. And has a metal roof. There is little though to recommend such construction. It is relatively fire resistant and well insulated. But you can achieve close to the same numbers with frame and stucco techniques at a lower cost.

There are substantial differences in labor costs versus material costs between the US and Mexico. .That tends to define the construction techniques.

I woulod agree that the Mexican home is much nicer to look upon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas