Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 01:37 PM

78 posts, read 117,176 times

Advertisements

Hi all! -

We are starting to look for homes. We're still trying to figure out where exactly we want to live. We have some neighborhoods in mind and between them, I think it will really come down to the house. My husband works in the Southwest area and we noticed that building is really picking up in The Mesa. Can anyone who lives there give me thoughts (good, bad, etc.) on the neighborhood? I know this is vague but I'd like to hear about the area in general so please share anything you'd like about it. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 PM

34 posts, read 47,240 times
Just bought a house there (due to be finished in a few weeks) and we love the area and haven't even lived there yet.

The neighbours seem friendly and there is a huge park near by that has bball and tennis courts that can be lit up until 11pm as well as there being a huge playground for our daughter to use.

We live in the Amado Crest neighbourhood and we have clear views to the Strip with a nice view of the mountains. There is also a community pool and spa which seem of a decent-enough size and the new waterpark is only down the road.

HOA fees are extremely low but standard Summerlin rules and regulations apply.

What info you looking for?

Old 03-05-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRaMSt0p View Post
Just bought a house there (due to be finished in a few weeks) and we love the area and haven't even lived there yet.

The neighbours seem friendly and there is a huge park near by that has bball and tennis courts that can be lit up until 11pm as well as there being a huge playground for our daughter to use.

We live in the Amado Crest neighbourhood and we have clear views to the Strip with a nice view of the mountains. There is also a community pool and spa which seem of a decent-enough size and the new waterpark is only down the road.

HOA fees are extremely low but standard Summerlin rules and regulations apply.

This was great, thank you! And congratulations on your new home! I know the area isn't that "established" yet but I was also interested in crime, convenience to neighborhood things like supermarkets, etc. I love the idea of the community park and the pool/spa, and we're only looking at neighborhoods that offer some of those amenities.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Pretty much standard Summerlin. Rather small lots. Heavy Pulte activity. Pulte specializes in getting more for a home than any other builder.

The location is the extreme of Summerlin. The Mesa actually butts against the foot hills so they are not going to build past these tracts.

For shopping you head out Tropicana where you find most everything before you get to 215. I would expect little local commercial development. Summerlin generally keeps it out of the residential areas.

Generally a nice experience. You have to put up with the nuisance of ongoing construction but there is generally a camaraderie of the first settlers in the new neighborhood. Tend to be in similar age groups and often kid rich.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Tend to be in similar age groups and often kid rich.
My kids make me poor.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:04 AM

118 posts, read 87,325 times
Kid rich as in kids everywhere. Yes, I agree though, kids make us poor.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,092 times
Hi Nurse B! We moved into the Amado Crest development a couple months ago. It's a great neighborhood, so friendly. As far as crime goes, there were some teenagers a couple weekends ago trying to hang out in a house under construction, probably to drink. There was also some suspect door to door types selling services. Police were called on both. Anytime something happens, it pops on the community facebook page, and just about the whole Amado is made aware. The parks are great, the people greater. I know my neighbors first and last names, their phone numbers, and what they like to drink. I don't think I ever said more than "hi" to any of my neighbors in my last neighborhood. If you have more questions, feel free to message me.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 PM

347 posts, read 542,326 times
The Mesa area is a great place. It's far from the strip and being right up to the hills, you'll never see people driving through your neighborhood. The recent opening of the High school has increased traffic in the area but it's not that bad in the home area. The park is great but the bball field is only for kids in little league. Great if you have kids. The tennis basketball courts are nice as well as the big grass field.
Winter, the sun goes down early but in the summer that's a plus due to the heat. Ft Apache has all the business you need, smith/albertsons are just a mile away. Think of all the shops you need are between Flamingo to the north, Sunset to the south and west of 215 or Durango. Walmart, Target, Gym, fast food, banks, hd/lowes, nursery office depot. There's nothing else you need really except for Costco/Best Buy on charleston 5 miles away. You'll love the area.

Kinda remote so you'll hear idiots on their dirt bikes, ATVs making noise in the undeveloped areas but it's about it. Saw a pack of cayotes before mesa park was complete.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 AM

Thanks for your input everyone! We drove through the other day out of curiosity and it looked like it's in such a nice location. Perfect location in relation to where my husband works so it would be really convenient.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM

29 posts, read 103,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramst0p View Post
just bought a house there (due to be finished in a few weeks) and we love the area and haven't even lived there yet.

We live in the amado crest neighbourhood and we have clear views to the strip with a nice view of the mountains. There is also a community pool and spa which seem of a decent-enough size and the new waterpark is only down the road.

Hoa fees are extremely low but standard summerlin rules and regulations apply.

how much are the dues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas