Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:05 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,823,672 times

Advertisements

To specifics Silvestri ranks about 17th out of 57 middle schools. This is off the NCLB rankings. Liberty is in the middle of the high school ranks. If your kid is normal he or she will do OK with proper parental drive. If your kid is very bright send him or her off to one of the magnets. (This is the same advice for virutally all LV high schools except the top 3 or 4.)

Silverado Ranch is a actually a great endorsement of the HOA. The tighter HOA get better if anything. Even in some of the relatively ancient neighborhoods. The non-HOA go downhill. (And in the usual pattern the half acres do whatever)

In truth, with a set of older children I would run to GVR or Summerlin or Centennial Hills. If money does not allow that Silverado Ranch is a nice place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 11:19 PM

4 posts, read 6,747 times
Ivoc, thank you so much for your thoughts. So, is Silverado Ranch looked at as the "affordable" place to live then? We have 6 kids, so the reason we had considered SR was because a house came up that was large enough for our family. But my first priority is a safe environment and good schools for my children.

I'm curious about your opinions on Summerlin vs Silverado Ranch?

Old 02-03-2013, 04:39 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,823,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggy1 View Post
Ivoc, thank you so much for your thoughts. So, is Silverado Ranch looked at as the "affordable" place to live then? We have 6 kids, so the reason we had considered SR was because a house came up that was large enough for our family. But my first priority is a safe environment and good schools for my children.

I'm curious about your opinions on Summerlin vs Silverado Ranch?
Silverado is one of the places where you can find big houses relatively cheaply.

Also true in the NW, SW, older Green Valley.

Summerlin and Henderson south of 215 are generally the high cost areas.

You might try it by HS zones. The best schools are the magnets...Ad Tech, LV Academy, The Tech Schools, The college high schools are also very good but only the last two years. These generally are not zoned but may have entrance requirements including a lottery.

For a regular high school Coronado is the best by a small margin. Then a group of 15 or so that are reasonably similar...Green Valley, Palo Verde, Foothill, Silverado, Liberty, Centennial, Arbor View, Shadow Ridge, Spring Valley and a few more. Palo Verde demographics are probably the same as Coronado but the school is way over crowded.

In general the middle schools track their high school(s). You will not find a weak elementary schools in the good high school zones.

Large homes exist in a number of areas. You found one. Others might include Spring Valley, Centennial Hills (particularly in Iron Mountain Ranch), Lone Mountain and older Green Valley.

Large homes exist in Summerlin and Henderson south of 215 but are expensive.

There are also McMansions located in the half acres which are scattered all over town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas