Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 12:36 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,946,819 times
Just watched the Pilot and first 2 shows of Vegas and I am hooked..... Like the show and the actors/actresses in it..

It is entertaining and fun.. Not sure how much if any is real, but if I wanted reality I would watch a documentary..... Hope this show is on awhile...

Love how they did the set for downtown Vegas....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,153,394 times
MOST is real....just NOT in the exact time frame or order .....but the incidents are there....

Old 10-14-2012, 08:06 AM

932 posts, read 2,351,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I was hoping this show would resemble Crime Story, to my mind one of the great TV series. h.
Agree 100 percent. And one of the best things about "Crime Story," at least in the second season, was that it was filmed in Las Vegas, not on a California set made up to look like Las Vegas. The shootout scene with Luca and Torello on Fremont Street - when you could still drive on Fremont Street where the Experience is now - was classic.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:53 AM

80 posts, read 145,142 times
I watched this show and so far all it does is make me wish they didn't cancel the Defenders...

Nobody smokes on this show...Which is surprising to me because in the 60s smoking was popular. I don't know what it is but the climate is off...I take it they're not filming it in Vegas.

I don't know. It's comes off as too procedural and not as interesting or entertaining. Chiklis isn't very menacing at all. The show just doesn't have any edge to it, or maybe that's just my taste for grittier AMC shows talking.

I'm spoiled on Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Hell on Wheels, Walking Dead and Justified. I wish more shows took chances like those do. This show doesn't seem to.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:27 AM

Dont knw about the rest of em but I do know that neither Ralph or his brother ever smoked.

It IS filmed in Las Vegas....but its the "OTHER" las Vegas.....New Mexico.....

I think its interesting that they added the "Las Vegas" signage to the streets to get the atmosphere....

Old 10-20-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Dont knw about the rest of em but I do know that neither Ralph or his brother ever smoked.

It IS filmed in Las Vegas....but its the "OTHER" las Vegas.....New Mexico.....

I think its interesting that they added the "Las Vegas" signage to the streets to get the atmosphere....
It is actually filmed at Santa Clarita studios in California...Just in the northern area of Los Angeles metro....

The interiors are on the soundstages and the main streets were actually built on the lot

Reason was most of the actors wanted to be able to go home at night....

Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
It is actually filmed at Santa Clarita studios in California...Just in the northern area of Los Angeles metro....

The interiors are on the soundstages and the main streets were actually built on the lot

Reason was most of the actors wanted to be able to go home at night....
Musta changed from what they originally planned....it was supposed to be in LVNM [or maybe that was LVNM's wishfull thinking]

Old 10-20-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Musta changed from what they originally planned....it was supposed to be in LVNM [or maybe that was LVNM's wishfull thinking]
They did film part of the pilot in LVNM and in Texas... But the rest is on the studio lot.. And if they need more "city" they go over to Universal Studios backlot...

Old 05-11-2013, 07:36 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,042,633 times
"Vegas" cancelled.

"Longmire" returns May 27th.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:43 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,422,988 times
I enjoyed the show but wish it had not taken so many liberties and exaggerated so much. It was pretty obvious that they were wrapping things up for the past few episodes though. At least they did not leave us with some big cliff hanger. All the story lines came to a clear clean end in the final episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: