Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,885 times

Advertisements

Just curious what the pharmacy technician salary and job outlook is like in Las Vegas. I live in Salt Lake right now, but I'm so sick of the cold and snow, and general culture here. I'm gay, so Utah is NOT the place for me. I've visited Las Vegas three times, but I'm sure living there is MUCH different from visiting. Also, the environment has kind of scared me when I've been down there. It seems like many places are sort of run down, with bars on the windows, etc. I would like to know though if it is possible for someone to make it down there if they have a pharmacy technician job. Thanks for your help guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
Take a look at Park City; it is liberal and accepting.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:51 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Take a look at Park City; it is liberal and accepting.

And probably not teeming with pharmacy tech jobs, even if what you say is true. And, the OP is asking about Las Vegas, not other locations in UT.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 AM

810 posts, read 1,808,084 times
It is possible, but tough. Las Vegas was hit particularly hard by the recession, and the majority of jobs that have been opening up are by and large mostly from the tourism and hospitality industry. I would check first to see if you can even find, and obtain, a pharmacy tech job. Then ask about salary.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 PM

399 posts, read 693,823 times
I would suggest looking for pharmacy tech jobs on indeed.com. Every town and city has a "run" down part of town but there are many nice areas to Las Vegas too! Las Vegas still has a lot to offer people. You're welcome in my book!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
remembering that a Pharmacy TECH is not the same as a Pharmacist...and then comparing the Pharmacy "TECHS" that I have seen....whew

Old 04-03-2012, 09:47 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,253 times
I used to live in Salt Lake City and I know exactly what you mean regarding the restrictive culture revolving around the Moron Temple. Ironically, there is a surprisingly large gay community downtown though, so don't give up just yet.

As for Las Vegas, the libertarian, "anything goes" atmosphere seems to make people more accepting of different races/cultures/orientations, so I'm sure you'll fit in quite nicely. To get salary ideas, go to salary.com and type in your specifics and you'll get a range of incomes for the zip code you'll be moving to. And yes, there are plenty of nice places in Vegas... in fact, more nice areas than Salt Lake if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas