Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
I don't agree with most of the people that race is a total non-factor. Racism certainly exist but most of the racist are to big of cowards to say anything.

I also honestly think that if a woman does not want to date a black man, or hispanic or whatever that does not automatically make her racist. Some women don't date short guys some don't date fat guys and so on.
Yep. I'm white and don't think I would date a black guy. I'm not racist, In just prefer light skin over dark, just as I prefer a guy wiht dark hair over blonde. There are exceptions, one blonde I like is Simon Baker (The Mentalist on TV), but as a rule blondes are not in my radar and neither are black guys. In fact, my ideal would be a skinny white guy with dark hair and light eyes, much like Robert Pattinson LOL. English accent is a nice bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 09:21 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Yep. I'm white and don't think I would date a black guy. I'm not racist, In just prefer light skin over dark, just as I prefer a guy wiht dark hair over blonde. There are exceptions, one blonde I like is Simon Baker (The Mentalist on TV), but as a rule blondes are not in my radar and neither are black guys. In fact, my ideal would be a skinny white guy with dark hair and light eyes, much like Robert Pattinson LOL. English accent is a nice bonus.
I work with a white lady who told me a similar story about how she only liked white guys, was only attracted to white guys, been around white guys all her life, grew up with white guys, only white guys asked her out, white guys this, white guys that.

Then she joined the diverse military, fell in love and married a half black/half Asian guy.

Can't control love.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I work with a white lady who told me a similar story about how she only liked white guys, was only attracted to white guys, been around white guys all her life, grew up with white guys, only white guys asked her out, white guys this, white guys that.

Then she joined the diverse military, fell in love and married a half black/half Asian guy.

Can't control love.
That's why I said "I don't think I would" but I can say that I just find black men unattractive. Again, not racism, just personal taste. Several of my friends are in love with a black dude on a TV show right now, and I just don't see it. There's plenty of diversity in my city, too, so it's not like I don't have the opportunity. IN fact, I'd say 90% of the men that hit on me are black.

I'd rather have a white guy in skinny jeans and spiky hair. Eyeliner and skinny tie would be okay too. Wait, I think I just described the band Good Charlotte. Yeah, that works. LOL!

Old 03-08-2012, 03:21 PM

611 posts, read 1,456,646 times
Quote:
That's why I said "I don't think I would" but I can say that I just find black men unattractive. Again, not racism, just personal taste. Several of my friends are in love with a black dude on a TV show right now, and I just don't see it. There's plenty of diversity in my city, too, so it's not like I don't have the opportunity. IN fact, I'd say 90% of the men that hit on me are black.

I'd rather have a white guy in skinny jeans and spiky hair. Eyeliner and skinny tie would be okay too. Wait, I think I just described the band Good Charlotte. Yeah, that works. LOL!

I think preference can change!! As a Bi-racial person, I have seen my preference shift from one extreme to the other. I was in love with Joseph Gordon Levitt as a kid and I had a child with a white boy.....but ten years later I am not attracted to anything but black dudes I honestly wish I WAS still attracted to white guys, or any other kind of guy, considering there really is not enough black men to go around. I haven't dated anyone in 6 months because there are almost no black people where I am (hopefully I will be in Vegas soon)

Old 03-08-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttygal86 View Post
I think preference can change!! As a Bi-racial person, I have seen my preference shift from one extreme to the other. I was in love with Joseph Gordon Levitt as a kid and I had a child with a white boy.....but ten years later I am not attracted to anything but black dudes I honestly wish I WAS still attracted to white guys, or any other kind of guy, considering there really is not enough black men to go around. I haven't dated anyone in 6 months because there are almost no black people where I am (hopefully I will be in Vegas soon)
I'm almost 40. I don't expect my taste to change much...except I might like 'em younger!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:56 AM

611 posts, read 1,456,646 times
Quote:
I'm almost 40. I don't expect my taste to change much...except I might like 'em younger!

Lol! I feel you on that one.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 AM

359 posts, read 1,312,878 times
Default This is one thing

you won't have to worry about. I read some of the other entries that are positive and they are right. Hell, when I moved there in 2002 I was amazed (and I came from California) how MANY interracial (black and white, mostly younger) couples there were. I would even comment if it was just me? Nah Vegas doesn't worry about that kind of thing at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
How is the interracial dating scene in Las Vegas?

Thinking of going to college in Las Vegas, and I'm a black male. I was looking at the colleges in Vegas and found that most of them are predominatly White, Asian, and Hispanic.

How would I fair dating wise with each of these groups in vegas?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 AM

124 posts, read 212,913 times
Question Does the hippie ideal exist in at least one part of the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthursChoice View Post
you won't have to worry about. I read some of the other entries that are positive and they are right. Hell, when I moved there in 2002 I was amazed (and I came from California) how MANY interracial (black and white, mostly younger) couples there were. I would even comment if it was just me? Nah Vegas doesn't worry about that kind of thing at all.
Glad to see that racial harmony is ALIVE and KICKING in Vegas!

Now if we could just figure out how to get the rest of the country on board...

Last edited by doradocolibri; 06-22-2012 at 01:24 AM..

Old 06-22-2012, 10:49 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,902 times
I'm looking at the stats on this website:

Mapping the 2010 U.S. Census - NYTimes.com

And I can tell from zooming into the Las Vegas area, the demographics alone proves that you - as a black man - won't even have a problem with IR dating in Vegas for the following reasons:

-The Multiracial population in the neighborhoods are no less than 3%, and it's no uncommon to have places that reach up to 6%. I know that sounds small, but many places throughout this country on average have a 1-2% multiracial population, and the only other places you see biracial numbers that are consistently high are in East Bay, Sacramento, and Seattle, with San Diego and Denver having their "multiracial jewel" nabes. But most of the country is just pathetic.
-There are nearly NO neighborhoods in the area - not just Vegas proper - that has a Gated/HOA Community with a coincidental 0-1% black population. This is something that even many Californian metropolitan areas can't claim.
-It's Sin City. Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. And many of these broads who go to Vegas, even though they come from the land of "Moral Christian Values" (keyword for White Cultural Preservation), don't be surprised that some of them are going to be down for some one-night flings when daddy isn't around and the neighborhood/church/PTA won't be able to gossip about it. Just go out with some of the boys one night on The Strip and it's easy pickings.

I know I'm not a Vegas resident, but numbers don't lie.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:07 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicey141 View Post
Unfortunately it is in some areas. Particularly the south, and all rural areas. I'm a black female, but my daughter is bi-racial, and we get strange looks when we are in public. It's as if ppl are trying to figure out if she is really my daughter.I was in Walmart when she was 3yrs old, and the cashier (black female) asked me was she my biological daughter. In school she has issues, mainly with black girls. She speaks very well, so she is always being called white girl by the black kids. The Latinos wonder is she Latina because of her dark hair and ethnic features, but they don't give her any problems. Even the black girls moms don't like her. It is still big here. When we come west to visit, it's as if she fits right in. Sad because she is highly amicable, and loves to laugh. I hate to see her go through that.
Move out here where your daughter will feel welcome. People, especially teenagers and kids are pretty color-blind out here as far as I can tell. My son's friends are from all different races and they'll even bust each others chops with racial jokes in good fun. No one takes it seriously, because seriously, race is not important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: