Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 11:56 AM

49 posts, read 54,904 times

Advertisements

Hello! My 1st thread!

A while back I read - The 50th Law by Robert Greene (also author of 48 Laws of Power) In the book he collaborated with 50 Cent....ANYWAY, basically the book was about doing things that you would be afraid to do. Overcoming your fears, can spell more success in life. 50 Cent expresses how if not for just doing things and ignoring his fears, he wouldnt be where he is now. I can't say I personally love him as a rapper anymore, but I have to admit in other areas as well, he's pretty darn successful.

In a couple months, I will be relocating to Nevada from Wisconsin. I will be driving over 4 states alone. I have a little fear left, but I have a plan and I AM going to execute it. (at one point, years ago I was afraid to drive from Milwaukee to Chicago alone,a measly 2 hours lol, but I did it. Now it's EASY). I live alone, I can handle that, but I guess my fear of driving alone is something bad happening like my car breaking down in the middle of a desert lol for example. Not fun, bet. My car is actually very reliable, btw. Im still nervous tho.

So, my question for the forum is.......IF YOU COULD DO ANYTHING IN LIFE YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A FEAR OF DOING- WHAT WOULD IT BE??

I also encourage you to do it! I have wanted to move out to Nevada for a while and gave myself plenty of excuses, but there is no time like the present. There IS a reason a thought/ idea keeps coming back to you. JUST DO IT!

Okay, Ive gotta go to work now, Ill check back in later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,966,310 times
Myself I really don't have any fear like that. I will say this as far driving just take it one state at a time. Don't look at it as point A to point B. Look at it as A + B + C, etc.. When consider a big goal it helps to break it down into a few short term goals and then it doesn't seem as large.

At least your not starting out by stage coach..Now those folks back in those days had to have some stones..

Old 12-15-2011, 12:39 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,538,775 times
I'd like to see what it would be like to jump out of a weather balloon from about 30,000ft+ with no parachute... but I dont think I will be doing that one anytime soon

Old 12-15-2011, 12:52 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
Spend a small amount of money to become a member of AAA. It's well worth the peace of mind... not to mention a whole bunch of discounts that membership gets you. That and a cell phone and you won't have to worry about a thing.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:38 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBabe View Post
Hello! My 1st thread!

A while back I read - The 50th Law by Robert Greene (also author of 48 Laws of Power) In the book he collaborated with 50 Cent....ANYWAY, basically the book was about doing things that you would be afraid to do. Overcoming your fears, can spell more success in life. 50 Cent expresses how if not for just doing things and ignoring his fears, he wouldnt be where he is now. I can't say I personally love him as a rapper anymore, but I have to admit in other areas as well, he's pretty darn successful.

In a couple months, I will be relocating to Nevada from Wisconsin. I will be driving over 4 states alone. I have a little fear left, but I have a plan and I AM going to execute it. (at one point, years ago I was afraid to drive from Milwaukee to Chicago alone,a measly 2 hours lol, but I did it. Now it's EASY). I live alone, I can handle that, but I guess my fear of driving alone is something bad happening like my car breaking down in the middle of a desert lol for example. Not fun, bet. My car is actually very reliable, btw. Im still nervous tho.

So, my question for the forum is.......IF YOU COULD DO ANYTHING IN LIFE YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A FEAR OF DOING- WHAT WOULD IT BE??

I also encourage you to do it! I have wanted to move out to Nevada for a while and gave myself plenty of excuses, but there is no time like the present. There IS a reason a thought/ idea keeps coming back to you. JUST DO IT!

Okay, Ive gotta go to work now, Ill check back in later.
Nothing to fear on this trip if your car is reliable. I drove MUCH further to Nevada that you will be. I came all the way from Orlando, FL and drove through the deserts of TX, NM, and AZ in late May with my 2003 Nissan Altima. The trip was a total of 2700 miles in 3 full days

Old 12-15-2011, 01:40 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,000,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Nothing to fear on this trip if your car is reliable. I drove MUCH further to Nevada that you will be. I came all the way from Orlando, FL and drove through the deserts of TX, NM, and AZ in late May with my 2003 Nissan Altima. The trip was a total of 2700 miles in 3 full days
Wow, you must have taken some serious detours. It's 2,700 from here to Key West.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:42 PM

233 posts, read 498,165 times
I used to be afraid to do things like that! Then I started my life with a military man and well had to get over that quick haha. As far as being afraid to do anything, it would be hands down jumping out of a plane lol. I'm usually one of those with weird odds and not in a good way. I'd have the one in a million chute that didn't open lol.

Good luck to you!

Old 12-15-2011, 01:42 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
I did Vegas to Florida alone twice....no biggie...took me about 4 days to do it...(one way)...

Make sure you take your car in get it checked out, get a bag of snacks and a cooler for cold drinks, and research the hotels you are going to sleep in before you go...so you know the ones to avoid...

Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 PM

233 posts, read 498,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Typo? Did the same drive this summer and was a little over 2300mi if I remember right.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:47 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Did LV to NJ.......then NJ to Las Vegas......both with family...

Then did LV to NJ and NJ to LV both alone with Siberian Husky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: