Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,020,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
Here is my advice. If you find a desirable property yourself, not by your realtor, you should buy it from the listing agent, and not through your buyer agent. This is especially true in a multiple offer situation. And no buyer agents will tell you this.
If the buyers signed a contract with their agent, that's an actionable breach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 07:04 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,440,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
If the buyers signed a contract with their agent, that's an actionable breach.
Not sure what contract you were referring to....exclusive buyer agent contract? who would sign that?
I don't think there are many buyers out there who would sign any contract with a buyer agent without first being shown properties. In fact, if any buyer agent requires buyers to sign an exclusive contract, I will suggest that you walk out the door.
If you find the property yourself and not through a buyer agent, you can totally go to the listing agent directly. For example, you drive around on a Sunday afternoon and see an open house, you can buy it from the listing agent. You find a property on internet, you can contact the listing agent directly......etc.
But if you are a passive buyers and just want to sit and wait for someone to show you properties, you definitely need an agent. In this case, you have no right to complaint when you loose the bid on the properties.

Last edited by Scott456; 08-11-2011 at 07:19 PM..

Old 08-11-2011, 07:21 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Not sure what contract you were referring to....exclusive buyer agent contract? who would sign that?
I don't think there are many buyers out there who would sign any contract with a buyer agent without first being shown properties.
I specifically said if you find the property yourself and not through a buyer agent, you can totally go to the listing agent directly. For example, you drive around on a Sunday afternoon and see an open house, you can buy it from the listing agent. You find a property on internet, you can contact the listing agent directly......etc.
If you are experienced and skilled and have 20 or 30 properties under your belt you likely don't need an agent. Though if you are actually that much into the business you might as well get licensed.

Dealing directly with the listing agent for a non-skilled buyer is a fools errand. The listing agent will appreciate your contribution however.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:41 PM

I already said, no buyer agent will tell you so.
And I said, in a multiple offer situation, you have a better chance of getting the property if you have the listing agent represent you.
Period.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
I already said, no buyer agent will tell you so.
And the credentials behind your opinion? Or you just feel that way?

Quote:
And I said, in a multiple offer situation, you have a better chance of getting the property if you have the listing agent represent you.
Period.
I am sure you believe that. But what has that to do with reality?

Now if you presume the listing agent is unethical...probably illegal...but do you really feel good being repped by a person who is unethical and likely illegal?

Old 08-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Your credential is buyer's agent, you are speaking out of your own interest.
There is nothing illegal or unethical for a listing agent to be a dual agent for both buyer and seller.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:45 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,842,392 times
Quote:
Your credential is buyer's agent, you are speaking out of your own interest.
There is nothing illegal or unethical for a listing agent to be a dual agent for both buyer and seller.
That would seem like a conflict of intrest to me.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:03 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,544,114 times
I just saw an interview with the new mayor spouting the reasoning for prices being so stable downtown. it appears there is a bubble of good news about that area in that there seems to be a TREMENDOUS interest in property and business in the down town area from outside the vegas area including internationally.... good things to come

I love the DT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas