Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,956,714 times

Advertisements

cgarcia, give us the MLS number. (or DM it to me if you want) I'd be curious to see what the buyer actually paid for it when it closes. Maybe you won't feel so bad once you see what they paid.

I obviously disagree with ScoopLV. My internal warning light starts flashing whenever I hear people say "It's only money."

You'll probably find something even better for much less. This housing correction is far from over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,020,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I obviously disagree with ScoopLV. My internal warning light starts flashing whenever I hear people say "It's only money."
But when you get down to it, it IS "only money." We paid way too much for our house because we bought in 2007. I knew the market was going to crash. (But I didn't expect it to get THIS bad.) The house has lost half its value in four years.

That's one way of looking at it.

The other way of looking at it is, "We've got a great house."

I'll ignore the bath we took on the place, because it will eventually bounce back. We need SOMEPLACE to live while we ride this depression out. It may as well be a nice place.

And when things do bounce back, we STILL have a nice place. There is more to "value" than just dollars and cents.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:43 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,440,263 times
Congrat!! ScoopLV, I wish everybody can look at the bright side like you do.
But some people didn't buy in 2007, and they are probably happier than you are now.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:04 AM

2,723 posts, read 4,769,617 times
"Housing correction"?

Read the book Aftershock, you may reconsider...

2 more bubbles to go, then it all goes kablooey!

Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 AM

77 posts, read 170,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
If it is that BofA house it may well have gone over $500K.

Suggestion - If you must work that area only drop your size spec to greater than 10,000 SF. You open your options by a factor of 5. There is one in there right now way overpriced. You might take a look and make a rational offer...it is in Paradisio.
It was indeed.

Yeah, we REALLY want the kids to go to the schools of that zip...but for the amount of home and lot you get the prices are outlandish. 140+/sq ft in THIS market for the honor of hearing your neighbor pee?!

May have to bite the bullet location wise and literally get a mansion in comparison in section 10, etc.
Although will eat a lot in private school costs...I just can't see me being ABLE to get what I need out of the Vistas area.

Saw the one I think you mean (599K). Your right WAY overpriced! wouldn't pay more than 450...and that will never fly with that starting price

Old 08-03-2011, 09:38 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,176,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
But when you get down to it, it IS "only money." We paid way too much for our house because we bought in 2007. I knew the market was going to crash. (But I didn't expect it to get THIS bad.) The house has lost half its value in four years.

That's one way of looking at it.

The other way of looking at it is, "We've got a great house."

I'll ignore the bath we took on the place, because it will eventually bounce back. We need SOMEPLACE to live while we ride this depression out. It may as well be a nice place.

And when things do bounce back, we STILL have a nice place. There is more to "value" than just dollars and cents.
Right on. I would love to hear more home owners say "I love my house" or "We got a great house".

You rarely hear people say this today. My wife and I love our house. No matter what the price was gonna be, we chose our home out of over 20 others. It was the second house our realtor showed us and the other 20 were down hill after that. There were two offers already on the house and we made our strongest best offer. To be honest we would have paid about 50k over asking price and still been happy with it. But we didnt have to which makes us even more happy.

Like ScoopLV said..."Its only money and you have to live somewhere".

Old 08-03-2011, 10:26 AM

I actually agree if you are going to make it your home, and we made our highest and best.
The $$@&$ thing about the deal is, that we can afford the payments on WELL above that amount, just don't have anywhere near the needed down payment.
Also, with small kids and family here, we are reluctant to leave. But for us, what we value in a home is SOOO hard to find for under $$$$$$. Large lots, large home in nice area/ good of schools as you can get.

I work in Henderson so living in NW is a real difficult commute.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:55 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarcia112 View Post
I actually agree if you are going to make it your home, and we made our highest and best.
The $$@&$ thing about the deal is, that we can afford the payments on WELL above that amount, just don't have anywhere near the needed down payment.
Also, with small kids and family here, we are reluctant to leave. But for us, what we value in a home is SOOO hard to find for under $$$$$$. Large lots, large home in nice area/ good of schools as you can get.

I work in Henderson so living in NW is a real difficult commute.
Thought about Lummis? Not quite as high rated as Givens but is quite stable and established...may actually be a better school...There is at least one large property available in Corta Bella which is as nice as anywhere in the Vistas.

Another thought - the Vandenburg/Twitchell twins are quite outstanding in GVR.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:07 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,080,507 times
Sorry you lost the house. I lost quite a few before I finally got one. Stick to your guns and wait for one you really want. I have to admit I settled. I really wanted a MCM in Paradise Palms but I got outbid over and over. Once I lost one that sold for LESS than I offered and I was a cash buyer with 100% of the money in hand. How the heck does that happen? This is a screwy place to buy a home.

Just wait and keep saving. The house you want will come along.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Thought about Lummis? Not quite as high rated as Givens but is quite stable and established...may actually be a better school...There is at least one large property available in Corta Bella which is as nice as anywhere in the Vistas.

Another thought - the Vandenburg/Twitchell twins are quite outstanding in GVR.
I will look into that, must have missed it before.

Prob cant go as far as GV as the family all lives in summerlin, and with 3 small children hence the desire to stay near
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas