Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 02:15 PM

15,881 posts, read 14,532,290 times

Advertisements

I watched the latest one. There's no way this is not a complete work of financial fiction.

He managed to fully renovate a 2900' 5/3 for $50K. Complete new high end custom kitchen, At least two custom baths, new Iron stair rails (some recycled hardware), new hardwood/tile floors, etc., etc.. I figure this has to be $125K in work. I doubt $50K would cover materials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 03:08 PM

557 posts, read 794,828 times
I saw the "twins" from NY out in public here in town. I thought there arrogant persona was just an act for the show, but they are A holes in real life. I observed one twin say to other " get a load of this guy " and point their finger. The poor guy they were referring to had apparent spina bifida walking hunched over crooked. What type of person says this about a human being with a severe deformity ? BTW they are not big at all close up and had dyed hair and I am almost sure some plastic surgery.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:57 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,594,353 times
I suspect the reason he gets the houses done so cheaply because he demands that suppliers that get the shameless plugs provide their products at cost or free. Not sure if that is the case but it is suspect. The camera makes a point to film the names of most of the companies providing products and services. On the other hand, sometimes you see the names of the companies fuzzed out on the products or workers t shirts. I figure those he had to pay full price for. Not that I wouldn't do the same.

I have checked the Goliath website and I used one of their tile contractors who did a perfect job on my pool tile as well as being very competitive on price.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:37 AM

930 posts, read 1,821,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I watched the latest one. There's no way this is not a complete work of financial fiction.

He managed to fully renovate a 2900' 5/3 for $50K. Complete new high end custom kitchen, At least two custom baths, new Iron stair rails (some recycled hardware), new hardwood/tile floors, etc., etc.. I figure this has to be $125K in work. I doubt $50K would cover materials.

I like watching the show but I agree that the renovation costs are way way out of line . I inherited a house that needs a complete renovation and only in my wildest dreams can I even begin to fathom those contractor rates.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:49 AM

When they rebroadcast the show, I would watch it again, and note the individual prices they list for each item. I bet they end up totaling to more than they show at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
I like watching the show but I agree that the renovation costs are way way out of line . I inherited a house that needs a complete renovation and only in my wildest dreams can I even begin to fathom those contractor rates.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:54 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,170,401 times
I have insomnia and watched a mini marathon of this show. It's pretty awful. Of course these shows are scripted but I have to say this is probably one of the worst I have seen. I agree the numbers don't add up. Scott is ridiculous and a horrible actor. His "wife" (yes I do find that questionable) has had some pretty awful plastic surgery. Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed her nose. Her face doesn't move, it has to be filled with botox.

I think her taste is pretty awful. Sure they clean up the houses but the choices she makes are hideous. High end granite on top of re-stained outdated cheap cabinets. Flooring on the wall to add interest? Ya, okay. The yelling they do back and forth gets old real quick. Also it doesn't make sense. She blows the budget every time supposedly and Scott is always mad and unaware. The different elaborate cars they pull up in is also pretty silly.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:45 AM

245 posts, read 505,110 times
Apparently, Goliath is doing so well that like all of the other flippers that have been on A&E (with the exception of Richard C. Davis) they're now in the business of seminars for would-be flippers with yet another $30,000-40,000 fee to get advice from them...what a joke.

When I was in Miami two weeks ago, Scott & Amie were running lots of infomercials there for their free event (and of course, even if you have no money or bad credit, you can get rich flipping houses)...obviously, it's a lot more profitable to get $40,000 from a would-be flipper than to actually rehab a house..

Old 08-10-2014, 03:48 PM

347 posts, read 512,869 times
Just watched 70's house. They stated a $124k offer but the figures do not back that up.

1608 E Evans Ave, North Las Vegas, NV 89030 - Zillow

Old 08-10-2014, 05:59 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,020,813 times
While those Zillow numbers might be factual, they might also be very, very wrong. I don't trust anything I read on Zillow.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:32 PM

Most of Zillow'a data us scraped from the MLS and public government real estate records. That information they usually don't screw up too much. What the generate themselves is a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas