Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,855 times

Advertisements

I am need of advise on areas that are pet friendly? i have been house hunting, but can't find anything with a backyard to suit my dogs.
What does everyone do around here?
thanks for your advise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 02:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markybob View Post
I am need of advise on areas that are pet friendly? i have been house hunting, but can't find anything with a backyard to suit my dogs.
What does everyone do around here?
thanks for your advise...
Say more...too terse for anyone to provide any help.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,855 times
Default more info

i am from Indiana, I have a lot of grass and a sizable backyard. I am at a loss to understand how all the residents with large dogs make it work. All I see is either dirt or concrete backyards and no or little grass. just confused!!!! i guess

Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
i am from Indiana, I have a lot of grass and a sizable backyard. I am at a loss to understand how all the residents with large dogs make it work. All I see is either dirt or concrete backyards and no or little grass. just confused!!!! i guess
There are hundreds of places with large grass backyards.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM

263 posts, read 602,709 times
We have a doggy door. Our dogs prefer being indoors 99.9% of the time. They only go out to use the 'litter box' we built for them. And there are plenty of dog parks we take them to for excercise....but even there, they like to just sit by our feet. We have lazy dogs...

Old 06-20-2011, 03:12 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,121 times
Quote:

I live in the NW corner of Vegas. I have one large dog, and one medium dog. Yard is small with a small area of grass, but you can find lots of homes up here with real yards. There are even some properties where people keep horses up here.

I take my dogs for a walk in the desert (where I can let them off their leashes), or to Floyd Lamb State Park where they have plenty to explore.

They seem happy here, despite coming from North Carolina where they had acres of woods to run around.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 PM

263 posts, read 602,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post

They seem happy here, despite coming from North Carolina where they had acres of woods to run around.

We were in Maryland not too long ago...and every time I'd take the dogs to the park, they'd come back with ticks all over them. SO glad we don't have to deal with that any more. So nasty. Another reason why I LOVE Vegas

Old 06-20-2011, 05:38 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
If he's looking for "advise", I'd "advice" him that with all the Korean restaurants around here it won't be a problem for long anyway.

The neighbor behind me is on an acre and he has three labs. My new next door neighbor has a 50mph couch potato that they plan to put in a small area of grass for. I didn't have the heart to tell them that the dog won't confine his "business" to a small patch of grass. But dogs don't need that much room unless you never take them to the park. Mine are currently in dog park withdrawal. They sit around with blank looks staring at me and asking when it's going to cool off enough for me to go outside. They couldn't care less how hot or windy it is. No consideration for Dad.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:43 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
I have two....an American Eskimo and a Shelty... they have a dawg door and a bed....if you MENTION goin for a walk, they whimper n hide under the covers....they like the air conditioning set to frozen.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
You can't even get out the first letter to spell "park" in front of my dogs before they run to get their halters on. Dusty, our Lhasa Apso, has to check his P-mail or he gets like me when the computer is down. Herman, our rescued Lhasa Apso mix, has no interest in the doggie internet. He just wants to know when the treats arrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: