Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,149,191 times

Advertisements

back in your cages you guys

Old 05-11-2011, 06:37 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,242,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
That defense won't prevail, genius. Your budding role as Perry Mason is as impressive as your realty hobby - meaning, not very. The OP's "winning hand" is all he needs to be concerned with.More uninformed nonsense. If the disclosure was now meaningless, he wouldn't have any legal recourse for damages. He has legal recourse because he wasn't given the disclosure until after the close. How is that moot?He doesn't have to go to district court as both the agents will likely fold their very weak hand as soon as they're taken to small claims court or before the GLVAR. Your nonsense that they'll be scolded or slapped on the wrist is just that, shyster nonsense. The OP will will this case going away."Simple recovery" is your language, not mine. I said he'll win his case going away, and he will. If it's in small claims court, it won't be treble damages.

three1oh, ignore the resident realtor hobbyist. He's never at a loss when it comes to losing people money. You're in the right and have state law supporting your case.
You utterly lack any understanding of the subject.

Trying to argue it with you is similar to wrestling in the mud with a pig. The only one who enjoys it is the pig.

I wish you had left this one alone so the OP had a chance to receive sound advice.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:06 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,068,865 times
I have a related but exactly opposite question.

The official description of my house is 3 br, 2 ba. But is 2 and 2.

I'll never know what actually happened because the person who owned the house died and it was sold by his heirs. My best guess is that when the original owner was confined to a wheelchair, he had the 2 smaller bedrooms made into one and added a walk-in closet. Also put in double doors to the bedroom.

Is this going to cause me problems in the future? I like it the way it is and I don't want to change it back. Does this mean I am overpaying property taxes?

Old 05-11-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I have a related but exactly opposite question.

The official description of my house is 3 br, 2 ba. But is 2 and 2.

I'll never know what actually happened because the person who owned the house died and it was sold by his heirs. My best guess is that when the original owner was confined to a wheelchair, he had the 2 smaller bedrooms made into one and added a walk-in closet. Also put in double doors to the bedroom.

Is this going to cause me problems in the future? I like it the way it is and I don't want to change it back. Does this mean I am overpaying property taxes?
If the job was done reasonably well you have no problem. Basically it likely should have been permitted but was not. However unless you have received some document saying it was an unpermitted change I would simply let the sleeping dog lie.

In general the square footage for tax purposes and reported on the assessors site is simply the external dimensions of the place minus the size of the garage.

So making one bedroom out of two would not change anything. You might get a $10 tax lowering...but you would pay for it in the process.

The OPs condition is somewhat different...they decreased the size of the garage which effectively increases the size of the house. And they get into the safety rules about wallboard in garages.

I would disclose the discrepancy in any listing. They will figure it out anyway...but otherwise ignore it.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:30 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,450,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You utterly lack any understanding of the subject.

Trying to argue it with you is similar to wrestling in the mud with a pig. The only one who enjoys it is the pig.

I wish you had left this one alone so the OP had a chance to receive sound advice.
Again, coming from the shyster that's told the OP that the disclosure is now moot. Brilliant advice. The best advice the OP will get in this thread is to completely ignore all of your horribly misleading statements. Hands down, he will win his claim. Period.

BTW three1oh, if you need direction to the specific statute that supports your case, let me know.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Again, coming from the shyster that's told the OP that the disclosure is now moot. Brilliant advice. The best advice the OP will get in this thread is to completely ignore all of your horribly misleading statements. Hands down, he will win his claim. Period.

BTW three1oh, if you need direction to the specific statute that supports your case, let me know.
Oink oink...splash splash..

Old 05-11-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Oink oink...splash splash..
You and the admiral having a little fun?

Old 05-12-2011, 12:12 AM

62 posts, read 196,744 times
wow i love the input. really awesome stuff

well - i dont care what some of you post. i know all the details, and i know i have a claim hands down and this is a slam dunk.

whats not being discussed is that i just bought a house and want to focus my energy on bringing it to life and enjoying it. the last thing i want to do is drag this out.

they screwed me. both agents. the listing agent committed fraud and my agent commited the crime of being a dummy without the cajones to hold up the closing to make sure i got all the disclosures. i believe my broker also is guilty of being too afraid to tell me about the disclosure at risk of this deal falling apart.

So i made everyone an offer they couldnt refuse. everyone agreed and i am getting $600 from both brokers. this money gives me a cushion to fix the room and/or any problems. it allows me to move on with the house and put this behind me.

i think it was the best fix. if i sued them i would have gotten a lawyer....retainer....stress....who needs it. i got SUCH a steal on this short sale and i have had such a hard time getting it closed. time to focus on the future. maybe ill fix the room or maybe ill build the big built-in bbq island i want instead with the money haha lol

case settled.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:26 AM

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three1oh View Post
wow i love the input. really awesome stuff

well - i dont care what some of you post. i know all the details, and i know i have a claim hands down and this is a slam dunk.

whats not being discussed is that i just bought a house and want to focus my energy on bringing it to life and enjoying it. the last thing i want to do is drag this out.

they screwed me. both agents. the listing agent committed fraud and my agent commited the crime of being a dummy without the cajones to hold up the closing to make sure i got all the disclosures. i believe my broker also is guilty of being too afraid to tell me about the disclosure at risk of this deal falling apart.

So i made everyone an offer they couldnt refuse. everyone agreed and i am getting $600 from both brokers. this money gives me a cushion to fix the room and/or any problems. it allows me to move on with the house and put this behind me.

i think it was the best fix. if i sued them i would have gotten a lawyer....retainer....stress....who needs it. i got SUCH a steal on this short sale and i have had such a hard time getting it closed. time to focus on the future. maybe ill fix the room or maybe ill build the big built-in bbq island i want instead with the money haha lol

case settled.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,493,818 times
Closing the thread....again too many rude comments to delete and I think the OP got all the questions answered.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas