Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:24 AM

322 posts, read 710,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
BTW, who's Debbie "Rynolds"?
Kindly contact the owner of the Paradise Palms blog, if you are that concerned.

Donald Sotherland didn't bother you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,360 times
Default Love them older homes

We lived in Las Vegas for 15 years (91 to 06) and for 8 of those years we lived in McNeil Estates. Great neighborhood. Bought our house for $190k and sold out for $530k. We now live in Tennessee!!

Old 05-20-2011, 03:20 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,730,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Fifties? Here is one.

1925 Silver Ave., Las Vegas NV 89102, USA - Virtual Tour

There are others if you are brave enough...
Who was the interior decorator? Liberace??

Old 05-20-2011, 03:44 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,222,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
Who was the interior decorator? Liberace??
Actually that was very high class 50s. I suspect it was mostly original...likely restored at substantial cost.

No kitsch at all.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 PM

351 posts, read 837,445 times
Quote:
Actually that was very high class 50s. I suspect it was mostly original...likely restored at substantial cost.

No kitsch at all.
I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of that place-it's so Vegas, & quite unique in style. I wonder who lived there?

Old 05-20-2011, 09:11 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,478,815 times
Quote:

No kitsch at all.
Scotch 80's, and prime example of modern mid century...owned by the same owner from 1958 to 2001. No one in the celebrity/well known world. Probably bought it for a steal in 58' at the time that was the "boonies" and probably as far as Las Vegas went to the west.

Nice home...prime real estate. Love it!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:53 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,222,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Scotch 80's, and prime example of modern mid century...owned by the same owner from 1958 to 2001. No one in the celebrity/well known world. Probably bought it for a steal in 58' at the time that was the "boonies" and probably as far as Las Vegas went to the west.

Nice home...prime real estate. Love it!
Present owner is an interior designer...

Old 05-20-2011, 10:08 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,478,815 times
Quote:
Present owner is an interior designer...
They did a great job! Isn't it wonderful?

But sheesh, that price tag, lol

Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 AM

4 posts, read 10,595 times
I've Lived in Las Vegas over 60 years, I grew up in McNeil tract and lived in the first house built there (it's not there anymore) but all the neighboring house are still there. My father also built the first house in what is now called Green Valley. If you want fifties those house were in fact built stronger but most have had to be re-wired re-plumbed and if they had the old wooden floors when they were built re-floored too. (Termites were a big problem back then) I bought a house on Silver Lake in 1983 which was built in 55, even then it had to be completely re-done. (I believe they were Heer's bros homes back then not custom) in the 60's I had a home in the Spencer/Harmon area just east of the Uni, they were a tract but custom and large, no sidewalks, street lights and very private in those days. those houses held up very well but now 40 years on I can't say. If you want old and cheaper/smaller, try Westleigh. Hyde park, or the older John S park area. Even the old Desert Hills (Sams Town area seem o be holding up well for 60's tract homes. Just a thinking out loud here but it might help answer questions feel free to ask me anytime I'm retired and not in real estate so I wouldn't know that kind of information but I do know neighborhoods.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,809,166 times
I bought in 2012 a townhouse built in 1979 off of Desert Inn one of the Sunrise Villas. Got it at a good price $75,000.00 a 1719 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage laundry room fireplace and atrium. Gated community with 3 pools and hot tubs and one tennis court lots of green common ground and located 4 miles from Fremont st and the strip and airport. The house is built solid and the windows face north and south with the garage taking the brunt of the sun. All of the windows are on one side and my back patio does not get the sun on it so you do not cook real fast out there. These homes were built to last and most folks did upgrades to the electrical and plumbing. The area neighbor hood is quiet and has many businesses located near by. I find it quite amusing that any house built before 1999 is considered old. So any place 10 years from now built in 2009 will be considered old If anyone in the market to buy should take a serious look at the homes built in this era you will be surprised at the bargains out there and the cost also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas