Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:10 AM

687 posts, read 1,944,174 times

Advertisements

I've more than one place in PD and am always looking for more at the right price. Presently, you can count on one hand all the properties for sale in PD. The master HOA is in great shape financially. The area has more than one HOA. The master HOA is an umbrella over all the rest. Whichever sub HOA you buy in has its own set of rules. You must also pay a second HOA fee to the sub association. No over night street parking without a permit. Never been denied a temporary permit for the weekend visitor. Some of the condo areas do have limited parking options. The SF homes are fine.

It's a bit of a hassle going through the two HOAs to get approvals for building improvements, landscaping, etc. but I have never been denied a request. The HOA fee is reasonable for a guard gated golf course community. The location, IMHO, is ideal. It's quiet, safe, shopping and entertainment close, access to the freeway, etc. The residents I have met are all friendly and many have moved into PD from other areas in Las Vegas. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 PM

62 posts, read 113,248 times
I own a condo in Painted Desert on Black Bear Rd. They are very picky about parking and especially the speed limit. My tenant got a warning when she was caught going 36 in the 30. As for visitor parking, I am lucky in that my property is very close to the few visitor parking spots they have. In the area where the houses are, I am sure it is the same, very few visitor parking. The HOAs seem a little high, but I think they are at just the right level to keep the riff raff out. I purchased my place in January and the financials were in order at that time. They had a very large reserve and planned improvements/repairs for this year were reasonable. The whole community is kept in very good condition.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 PM

7 posts, read 19,987 times
Do not do it, I repeat, do not do it.
My dues in 2003 when I bought a 1741 sq ft towmhome started out at $28 a month for the Master Assoc (PDCA) and $63 a month for the Sub Association (SeVilla). In 2013 and for the last few years the HOA fees are $95 for PDCA and $200 for SeVilla are the HIGHEST HOA FEES IN LAS VEGAS. This is for a guard at the gate, which is not necessary when criminals can walk right on to your property from the golf course and a 5 tennis courts. What a bargain (sarcasm)!

I just sold my home to the next sucker and would never ever ever again do another master planned community like Painted Desert EVER AGAIN. You will feel like you live in an apartment complex with all the chicken **** rules and car stickers notices, landscaping crap and notes from the management company who took our building for their offices where we had a Gym and small banquet/meeting room for small family parties. What a joke.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:12 AM

7 posts, read 19,987 times
Oh, I almost forgot. The 25 or 30 broken tile a year on your roof, by the high pecentage of hackers; no one covers it. Not the HOA's insurance, not the Sub association's insurance, not your homeowners insurance, not the golf courses insurance, no one but little old you pays for the damage. If you are lucky you can catch it before it rains and then comes the mold from the leak in the roof and the thousands of so dollars it costs you in the end. Where else can you buy property where perfect strangers can damage your property, urinate in front of your grandchildren, drive carts and maintenance vehicles in the desert leaving your home like a dust bowl every day?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVJAM View Post
Do not do it, I repeat, do not do it.
My dues in 2003 when I bought a 1741 sq ft towmhome started out at $28 a month for the Master Assoc (PDCA) and $63 a month for the Sub Association (SeVilla). In 2013 and for the last few years the HOA fees are $95 for PDCA and $200 for SeVilla are the HIGHEST HOA FEES IN LAS VEGAS. This is for a guard at the gate, which is not necessary when criminals can walk right on to your property from the golf course and a 5 tennis courts. What a bargain (sarcasm)!

I just sold my home to the next sucker and would never ever ever again do another master planned community like Painted Desert EVER AGAIN. You will feel like you live in an apartment complex with all the chicken **** rules and car stickers notices, landscaping crap and notes from the management company who took our building for their offices where we had a Gym and small banquet/meeting room for small family parties. What a joke.
No where near the highest HOA fees for a guard gated community. Many get well over $500.

I am not aware that the Admin Building was ever in a reasonable use as a gym or meeting area. Probable use as an office is to save money.

Roof damage is a normal thing in Las Vegas. If you are actually getting 30 roof hits a year you would have no windows left. Note that some Home Warranties include roof damage. Tile damage does not directly lead to a roof leak. Probably take ten or more years for that to occur.

I would suspect5 you are a person not suited to HOA living...particularly in a tight and high security one like Painted Desert. So don't go there.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 7,789 times
Hi, I'm Maggy moving to Painted Desert area from Portland, Oregon. I am glad to read this forum and have questions too. I have never been under an HOA, and concern now after reading all these posts.
Continue to give/get information, it is really helpful.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 7,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgirl1234 View Post
The community is extremely strict with who they let it even if they are a registered guest. God forbid I have a dogwalker come at ten at night when I am away and their car has a logo on it. (After 6pm cars with logos are not allowed unless it is an emergency vehicle.) What if FedEx or UPS came at 6:10? The HOA people would have a hissy fit and tell you that it is your problem and to not make it their problem. Literally those were the treasurers words to me today. Our fees are paid upfront for the entire year, and in this economy I have seen many communities struggle with foreclosures and condo/home fees not being paid, so you would think that Painted Desert would be willing to work with the people that are helping support them. This is a cute and clean neighborhood and 99 percent of the security guards are awesome; the receptionist at the front desk of the community center is so sweet. It would be a perfect place to live if they treated the people who lived here nicely and were willing to work with them on a case by case basis instead of just saying "no" and being kind of mean about it rather then trying to work with you. I hope that this association is dissolved and taken over by nicer people.
oh yuck. cause I have just purchased a condo there on Black Bear.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:29 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookcraze View Post
oh yuck. cause I have just purchased a condo there on Black Bear.
Ignore it. Know a number of people who live in Painted Desert. Virtually all are happy. The rules about gate access are set by the board. You can't have the gate guard setting them aside because some owner is unhappy. You go to the board and get the rules changed or change the board. This is the nature of the beast. You do what the board elected by the members wants.

And if you want a somewhat snotty HOA you just bought into one. They won't give out a gate code for the inner gate. Dumbest thing I ever heard of. Low end condos behind a guard gate and they won't let the local gate code out. Sheesh. So run for office and fix those turkeys.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:35 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Does anybody know who the home builders were in PD by chance? I've seen some were built by Christopher Homes, but was wondering who else built back there?

Old 08-09-2015, 01:38 AM

243 posts, read 237,985 times
Painted Desert was fashionable in 1992. If you are into an "Arizona" style drywall and a peach and mauve color scheme, Painted Desert is the place for you. Expect to do major updating on anything you buy there. Do remember, that the 89149 zip code is quickly getting "old" by Las Vegas standards. Need proof? Go to the Albertson's shopping center just east of the 95 on Ann Road and see how run down that place is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas