Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 06:33 PM

41 posts, read 104,343 times

Advertisements

There is a certain resort there that apparently rents or sells spaces for RVs. I was wondering if anybody is at all familiar with the place. My questions would be:

1. Is it worth $74,000 to invest in what amounts to a parking space?
2. Do they allow pull trailers or only motorized coach bus type RVs?
3. Is the surrounding neighborhood safe?
4. Would you buy one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 09:51 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,636,281 times
a trailer park, is a trailer park, call it a motor coach resort, its still a trailer park.

Would you be interested in investing in my indigent Residence?

Jonathan

Old 02-28-2011, 10:28 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,081,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
a trailer park, is a trailer park, call it a motor coach resort, its still a trailer park.
I dont know if you're trying to be funny but there's a huge difference between a RV park and a trailer park. The former usually has a restaurant, clubhouse, some have golf, and all have amenities that you dont find at a trailer park.

RVers travel place to place and are usually a pretty affluent crowd. Of course there are the buget minded folk, but that's not who the upper end parks cater to.

Trailer parks are...well, trailer parks.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:51 PM

I actually was trying to be both,
That by calling something a "motor coach resort" and charging $47,000
for a "spot" is a bit on the High end.

The OP can buy LAND for that kind of dosh,
park his or her RV on the LAND they now own,
and still have money left over for the interconnects.

Jonathan

Old 02-28-2011, 03:15 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
mac... there is an RV park near Circus Circus thats in top 25 in the country... to say a trailer park is an insult! these use to be 200k+ in the heyday... this might be the one that was on the travel channel also.. you don't park a million dollar rv in the hotel's parking lot... These RVs are absolutely gorgeous.. My brother in law worked for Prevost.. stunning RVs.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:41 PM

I agree, RV's are AWESOME. - I have a friend who was a brain surgeon and now lives the life as a gypsy driving around the country in a RV bigger then a Tractor Trailer.

I am just saying calling a parking area for RV's a "motor couch resort" is pretentious

Jonathan

Old 03-24-2011, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 14,515 times
Hey MacGeek
Oh, Good grief! Not to sound "pretentious", but, a class "A" RV is normally referred to as a Coach. (Not a trailer as you would insinuate) Therefore, most owners who purchase these Motor Coaches at a price in excess of 250K up to over a million dollars would prefer to stay in a "park" that offers many more amenities than the normal RV park. These upscale rv parks which have more than just a pool for their residents, offer such things as several pools and hot tubs, putting greens, sometimes an attached golf course, a luxury club house with full kitchens and cinema room and pool tables, etc. They have a class A check in facility and usually have an on site diner. Many of these are fully gated with armed security guards. Therefore the term "RESORT" because that is exactly what it is. Just as if you were to vacation in Hawaii at a 4-5 star resort vs. just a motel.
Many of these Motor Coach Resorts give you the opportunity to own your own lot, which makes it very convenient if you are a frequent visitor to that area such as Las Vegas. You'd find, upon a tour of one of these luxury resorts, most of the owners have upgraded their lots with incredible outdoor kitchen areas and lounging areas with entertainment centers.
Also, if you own one of these luxury Class A motor coaches, and are looking for a place to stay for the night while traveling across this beautiful United States in the manner of a "gypsy" as you referred to it, you need to consider that many "trailer parks" cannot accommodate a 40-45 ft Coach. When they see the term Resort... they know they'll be well taken care of.

I'm just saying.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 14,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabak View Post
There is a certain resort there that apparently rents or sells spaces for RVs. I was wondering if anybody is at all familiar with the place. My questions would be:

4. Would you buy one?

Tabak
That Motor Coach Resort in Las Vegas is simply beautiful. The lots right now are selling at an extremely reasonable price, as with the housing market out there. In short, a good investment right now.
They don't allow pull behind travel trailers at this time but only full size, class A coaches.
The area it is located in is very safe but to add to that security, it is a fully guarded and gated community. The views from the resort are fantastic including a direct view of the Strip. The owners lounge upstairs in the clubhouse has amazing views.
The clubhouse offers a gourmet kitchen with a large dining room & a stage for entertainment, a pool room with 2 pool tables and tv's, a cinema room with a full size screen, a gym with tons of equipment and massage rooms. There is also an owners lounge upstairs with a full size bar... which is stocked only with the owners personal bottles.
The resort has a large main pool/hot tub and fantastic outdoor kitchen with bbq. It's surrounded by a 9 hole putting green. Also, there are 4 additional pools with hot tubs in the 4 corners of the resort along with full laundry facilities in each of those areas. Oh, and there is an on-site diner with great food.
I guess you can tell I am a fan of that resort & could go on and on regarding the amenities this resort has to offer. It's worth a quick tour if you are ever in that area.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:26 PM

3 posts, read 11,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabak View Post

4. Would you buy one?
------------------------------------
[mod cut--rude, personal] I have stayed there many times and have considered buying there.

This place is definitely not a ‘trailer park’ It’s a very high end resort, [mod cut--rude, personal] There’s five swimming pools, a mini-golf course, a club house, some tennis courts, a diner. etc. Many of the people there have spent ten’s of thousands on improvements. Landscaping, outdoor kitchens, etc. Before the recession hit Las Vegas hard the average price of space was around $200K and some with improvements sold for twice that.

Now you can buy a nice spot without much in the way of improvements for $70,000 to $100,000 which I consider a bargain. So why haven’t I bought there? The HOA dues are $360 per month last I checked and with property taxes and insurance you’ll be paying around $480 per month whether you’re staying there or not. When you’re not there you are not allowed to rent out your property yourself. If you want to you can put it in the rental pool but you will not get very much back.. (You get 50%, they get 50%) If they changed that rule and I could rent my property myself on Craig’s list I would buy a spot today. (I may still buy one.)

Is it worth $74,000? I think it is if you actually will use it 6 months or more out of the year or you can afford to leave your coach there year round and have a second home in Las Vegas.

They only allow Class A Motorhomes. No trailers, no 5th wheels, no Class C motorhomes.

The surrounding neighborhood is fine even if they didn’t have excellent security and guarded (24 hours) entrance gate.

Last edited by observer53; 06-09-2013 at 12:54 PM..

Old 06-13-2011, 06:55 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,489,289 times
Macgeek, methinks you blew this one!

Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort - 8175 Arville Street Las Vegas, NV 89139 (866) 897-9300 (http://www.lasvegasmotorcoachresort.com/index.html - broken link)

OP, this might help ;

RV Park Reviews :: Las Vegas, Nevada ( NV ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews

If you scroll down you will find a few reviews for the LV Motorcoach Resort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: