Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 04:01 AM

57 posts, read 112,635 times

Advertisements

Hello

My partner and I bought a Condo last November in the Henderson area... We both love Las Vegas and are really happy we could buy a Condo in lovely Henderson.

We have spend often are holidays in Vegas and our now glad to call the Las Vegas Valley our 2nd home. We live in Zurich, Switzerland.

We've decided to buy in Henderson because of several reason, like its very close to the Strip,Airport and as well to Lake Mead and Lake Las Vegas. Its charming and we always felt very save! Are Condo is at Big Horn at Black Mountain and I just love to be so close to the Mountains... We also were interested in a Condo in seven Hills but liked it at Black Mountain better.

I already have my first question... Do you know where we can buy nice furnitures for a good price? We are coming to Vegas next months and like to furnish our Condo...

I wish you all a very nice day and greetings from Zurich...

Daniel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 10:05 AM

933 posts, read 2,358,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel84 View Post
Hello

I already have my first question... Do you know where we can buy nice furnitures for a good price? We are coming to Vegas next months and like to furnish our Condo...

Daniel
Congratulations on your purchase. Here's a very nice consignment store not far from Henderson. It has lots of new material and lots of gently used. High-quality furniture at reasonable prices.

Lynn's World

Old 02-09-2011, 11:37 AM

82 posts, read 204,520 times
Default Furniture Resources in Vegas

Hi Daniel,

we're from Munich and also bought a second home in Henderson las year and are loving it here.

Furniture in the US is much cheaper than in Europe, however most of it comes from China. So take a close look at the quality.

There are many furniture stores in Vegas and Henderson. You can google some of the bigger stores:

- RC Willey
- Ashley (very inexpensive!)
- Walker
- Big's Furniture
- Robb & Stucky (expensive!)
- Macy's Home Store (W. Spring Mountain Road)

However most of these places mostly sell heavy and dark period style furniture. If you are looking for more modern pieces your choice is more limited. We wound up buying most of our stuff at a company called "By Design" on West Flamingo Road. The owner Steffan is Swedish and really knows his stuff. If you motivate him, you'll get a very good discount.

Some other good places for contemporary furniture include:

- Lawrence's
- Furniture Direct
- Vizion Furniture
- EQ3 Furniture

Another excellent resource is the Las Vegas Design Center at the World Market Center on South Grand Central Parkway. There are numerous manufacturer's showrooms there and for the most part you can purchase direct. Just before the big tradeshows most vendors clear out their old showroom pieces at a fabulous discount. We got a great leather couch at an amazing price.

Get your appliances at Brand Source, the owner Wolfgang (from Germany) has a fabulous selection ranging from GE to Bosch to Miele to Geggenau.

Hope this helps

Walter

Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 AM

57 posts, read 112,635 times
Thank you so much for the great help!... Can not wait for March to spend two 2 weeks in awesome Las Vegas!

Its really a good time to buy propertys in Vegas. Ive heard that many Europeans are buying Condos and Houses....

Thanks again!!
Daniel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas