Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where to get canned craft beer in town?

Where I'm going, glass isn't allowed and I want a little variety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 10:29 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,720 times
Brewpubs are the best!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:04 AM

236 posts, read 627,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Does anyone know where to get canned craft beer in town?

Where I'm going, glass isn't allowed and I want a little variety.

Eh? LOL, I love it.

Spraynard, I can bring you back some 'Molson Canadian' or 'Alexander Keith's' in cans from Toronto next time I go back home

Just say the word bro.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
He said he wanted BEER. There are two countries that can't make beer ...the U.S. and Canada.

Try Cost Plus World Market, Spray.

Home Furnishings, Home Décor and Living Room Furniture at World Market

Old 02-07-2011, 08:34 PM

687 posts, read 1,945,220 times
Try Lee's. If you can't find a suitable craft in a can - go for a Boddingtons or Speckled Hen or even a Guiness. Yhey all have the widget and will give you a nice pour. Make sure you have a cup big enough to pour it all at once. Don't drink these out of the can.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 PM

654 posts, read 1,322,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentmax View Post
Eh? LOL, I love it.

Spraynard, I can bring you back some 'Molson Canadian' or 'Alexander Keith's' in cans from Toronto next time I go back home

Just say the word bro.
Take off, eh? You hoser.

Ah yes, reminds me I've got a case of Molson Canadian (in cans, no less) in the pantry that needs consumption. Spraynard, I'm sure you'll find some good options but worst case I might part with it for my cost. It's real Canadian beer & not the bastardized stuff they sell you here in the US (brewed to US standards, different than Canada). Lemme know.

I tend to prefer bottled beer, but sometimes you gotta take what you can get. Sleeman's (Canadian brewery) in particular makes some nice beers. Coors Light, which I won't touch in the US, is actually a pretty good beer in Canada. Tastes nothing like Coors Light here.

Buzz, shame on you for insulting Canadian beer. We used to ask 'Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?'

"Because it's f#*%ing close to water."

Old 02-08-2011, 09:02 AM

369 posts, read 772,367 times
Alas none the brew pubs here can, only glass growlers. as someone else said try Lee's. They have a good variety and might have something almost worth it in cans.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM

236 posts, read 627,817 times
[quote=Buzz123;17762760]He said he wanted BEER. There are two countries that can't make beer ...the U.S. and Canada.

What ?!

Buzz.....Night and day difference between U.S. and Canadian beer. I drink both all the time....HUGE difference in quality and taste.

I'm not neccessarily saying it's the best in the world, but, leagues apart from Amstel, Mikwaukee's Best, et al.

Night and day....Just sayin'.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
[quote=rentmax;17783455]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
He said he wanted BEER. There are two countries that can't make beer ...the U.S. and Canada.

What ?!

Buzz.....Night and day difference between U.S. and Canadian beer. I drink both all the time....HUGE difference in quality and taste.

I'm not neccessarily saying it's the best in the world, but, leagues apart from Amstel, Mikwaukee's Best, et al.

Night and day....Just sayin'.

Amstel is a DUTCH beer produced in the main Heineken plant at Zoeterwoude.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:55 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
Thanks to all who helped. I'm partial to pale ales but I am by no means a beer snob. I was just wondering if there is anything interesting in a can. I have scoured the net and I know that good canned beer exists but I can't seem to find any here in town. I have read that Blue Moon and Newcastle can be found in a can if you live anywhere near a BevMo.

Does anyone know if Southern Wine and Spirits carries any? Lee's is a no go.

Maybe I will have to special order some?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas