Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:24 AM

157 posts, read 420,182 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a market that consistently has fresh chicken livers?

DH loves them and all I can find are frozen which just aren't the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 09:40 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa99 View Post
Does anyone know of a market that consistently has fresh chicken livers?

DH loves them and all I can find are frozen which just aren't the same.
I used to get them at the Vons in Summerlin (but that was quite a while ago, I haven't been in there recently) but try there.

Also Food 4 Less used to have them.

I make mine with hot Italian Vinegar Peppers from the jar (you can get them in any supermarket)

Old 12-08-2010, 09:57 AM

157 posts, read 420,182 times
Thanks MomMom.

I'm in Henderson so will try the Foods4Less. DH loves his fried with cream gravy, but the livers with hot peppers sounds interesting too....I personally despise them, but love to cook DHs favorites.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Thanks MomMom.

I'm in Henderson so will try the Foods4Less. DH loves his fried with cream gravy, but the livers with hot peppers sounds interesting too....I personally despise them, but love to cook DHs favorites.
You know the saying..."the way to a man's heart is through his stomach"

Your DH is a very lucky guy!

Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,805 times
I buy them all the time. Love nothing better than chicken livers wrapped in bacon, broiled and then served as an hors de' oerve. I generally always find them at Whole Foods. Love that store.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:26 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I used to get them at the Vons in Summerlin (but that was quite a while ago, I haven't been in there recently) but try there.

Also Food 4 Less used to have them.

I make mine with hot Italian Vinegar Peppers from the jar (you can get them in any supermarket)

Vons in Summerlin as far as I know, no longer carries them. I had quite a few unhappy customers about that who would then say "F*** this I'm going to Smith's"

Than again I heard that from every unhappy customer

Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Vons in Summerlin as far as I know, no longer carries them. I had quite a few unhappy customers about that who would then say "F*** this I'm going to Smith's"

Than again I heard that from every unhappy customer
Thanks for that Davie, I've bought them in my Smiths as well, the one on Rampart-Lake Mead.

That particular Vons store always has "unhappy" customers" in my opinion, that's why I don't go in there regularly.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:51 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,901 times
Quote:
Thanks MomMom.

Aren't you nice!

Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Thanks for that Davie, I've bought them in my Smiths as well, the one on Rampart-Lake Mead.

That particular Vons store always has "unhappy" customers" in my opinion, that's why I don't go in there regularly.
I have always preferred Smith's over Vons and Albertson's. Safeway and SuperValu (owners of Vons and Albertson's) are both in a freefall. Kroger who own's Smith's however seems to be pretty solid, as they are the only of the big 3 grocery chains in LV (Smiths, Vons, Albertsons) to have NOT closed any stores since the economy tanked. I like the Smith's on Lake Mead and Rampart, big and busy store, and the ONLY supermarket I've ever been to that has an exclusive kosher department. I like the Smith's on Ann and Decatur as well. I befriended a lot of the employees pretty quick when I first moved here. The Smith's on Charleston and Hualapai is the best though. It has that "Fresh Market" setup like Ralph's in California

The good thing about Albertson's was we had (until January 2010) them in Orlando so when I first got here they were a bit familiar to me. I was then quickly reminded why I didnt really care for them.

Vons does beat Smith's on certain things though. Rancher's Reserve beef is top quality, as is their french bread, and chicken tenders in the deli, and their "Easting Right" brand and how their generice products look like brand names so people will buy them. But as far as selection and overall value goes. I always take Smith's.

I like Albertson's deals on meats when they are BOGO free though. And on occasion they do have some decent sales

Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times
Eek, chicken liver? Sorry, I've never even thought about buying it! I see some of our resident Vegasites have been much more helpful.

I cringe at having to remove the bag from the turkey...what's in it anyway? Nevermind, don't tell me.

/exits thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: