Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:22 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,378,427 times

Advertisements

[quote=beach08;1060952]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I don't know if it's the will of the people or the will of the ex-wives and their lawyers. It's not my will and I'm a people. I went through he** with an ex-wife even though I never missed a child support payment, and I even paid her $200.00 a month more than was required. When our son came to live with me she not only didn't have to pay support even though at the time I think she made as much or more than I made, but she never even so much as bought him a Christmas present. I even had to get a judge to sign an agreement that I didn't have to pay HER while my son lived with me. Yet every chance she got, for no reason she would haul me into court just to make my life miserable. The first time she wanted more money I offered to discuss it with her but she said no I want a judge to decide. After the judge wouldn't even hear my side of the story he gave her a raise and then admonished us for not working it out among ourselves, and penalized me $1000.00 for her legal expense which was probably no more than $500.00 to begin with. The last time she pulled that I came in prepared and she lost, but it still took over a year to settle everything when there was nothing to settle. They say you never know a woman until you meet her in court.

Buzz123,
This is not about ex-wives , stop bashing....
Child Support orders are not about the adults, rather it be an ex-wife or ex-husband. It should be about the children. Although I do agree your ex-wife should not have used your child as a way take revenge towards you. As adults we need to put our personal feelings aside, and do what is best for our children pay the support.
Everyone gives lip service to how it should be about the children, and I don't disagree...except it isn't. It's always about the wife taking advantage of the fact that the law treats a divorced father like a criminal no matter how much he tries to do for the child. I have no sympathy for a father who deliberately neglects his kids, but why is it all on the father? Doesn't the mother have the same responsibility? And what if the father loses his job and can't find another one? They treat him like he lost it on purpose. Do they want him to rob a bank to pay his child support? If parents are together and they fall on hard times the whole family has to tighten their belts. Maybe the mother supports the family for a while. But not the kids of divorced parents. The father is automatically a no good bum all of a sudden. But let the mother lose her job and she doesn't have to worry. She'll just get the court to make the father pay her more. I gave my son more love and yes, material things, then anyone else. Probably too many material things. Yet I had no rights even when he lived with me. I don't want to turn this guy's post into an argument over father's rights, but it sucks, believe me; and yes, I'm bitter about it. She used it to destroy my relationship with my son for no reason other than she is an evil person, and lawyers and judges like to promote such problems since it keeps them in business. They don't give a dam about the kids no matter what kind of BS they feed you. Their making money and that's all they care about. That's why I call them chaos merchants. There was no reason for my ex and I to have those problems other than lawyers and judges are unscrupulous and they let women take advantage of the situation. With my daughter there was no problem because her mother and I were close friends our whole lives. I take it you are a woman? If so you hold all the cards and you know it. Anyway, it sounds like this poor guy might have the same kind of problem, and my ranting isn't going to change anything as long as we have lawyers and judges (who are people that just bad at being lawyers).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 07:56 PM

42 posts, read 244,784 times
The system is unfair but I am fortunate I don't have an evil ex trying to **** me over every chance she can with the child support. If you want a good example of how the system is broken read this article on CNN.com.

Florida man owes $10,000 for child who's not his - CNN.com

Old 07-13-2007, 10:38 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,230,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared77 View Post
The system is unfair but I am fortunate I don't have an evil ex trying to **** me over every chance she can with the child support. If you want a good example of how the system is broken read this article on CNN.com.

Florida man owes $10,000 for child who's not his - CNN.com
That is not particularly a child support case. It deals with service. If he did get the court notice and failed to respond he is fairly out the 10,000.

If he was not served then he is unfortunate and has to go through a long legal process to correct the problem. Life is not fair...sometimes you get hit by a truck. He appears well on his way to doing that.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:54 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,335,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared77 View Post
Moving back to Michigan is not an option less work there then even here. I contacted the Nevada Gaming Commission and said they decide it at a case by case basis. If your making an effort you and get a payment plan setup you should be fine. But from everything I am reading here seems like I would be wasting my time and would be better off getting a non gaming job to pay it off first then get my license. Trying to avoid the situation where I am having to get 2 low paying jobs go to school and struggle to pay the $300+ month child support. With the "permit" I could get a good paying job as a Slot Tech and get out of this hole that much faster.
One obtains a work card with a referral from the employer. You do not obtain a work card first, and then look for a job.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:59 AM

A gaming license is a very different creature, which can run into the 100's of thousands of dollars, payed by the applicant; a very thorough investigation. A work card is obtained with a REFERRAL from an employer, an FBI check is done, and warrants check along with default in child support. You get the job first, then the work card.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:01 AM

Yes we all understand. You also need to understand that a gaming work card is also a license. And those that issue them are referred to as the "licensing" agency.

It is a license to work in the gaming industry. Not a gaming license.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Yes we all understand. You also need to understand that a gaming work card is also a license. And those that issue them are referred to as the "licensing" agency.

It is a license to work in the gaming industry. Not a gaming license.
I don't think you do understand; a gaming work card is worth very little, a gaming LICENSE is worth a great deal.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
I don't think you do understand; a gaming work card is worth very little, a gaming LICENSE is worth a great deal.
One means you can be a change person...the other means you can own the joint...or at least be a highly placed executive.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
That is not particularly a child support case. It deals with service. If he did get the court notice and failed to respond he is fairly out the 10,000.

If he was not served then he is unfortunate and has to go through a long legal process to correct the problem. Life is not fair...sometimes you get hit by a truck. He appears well on his way to doing that.
Are you kidding?

Old 07-14-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Are you kidding?
Nope.

I know a guy who has a $40,000 dollar federal court judgement against him for a default in a copyright matter.

He claims not to have been properly served...but he knew the action existed. At this point he can spend a very large sum of money to try and resurrect the matter or the $40,000. His maximum liability in the copyright matter was likely $5000.

Failure to defend is about the same as simply giving the other side what they want. Even if you must proceed pro se you do so. Otherwise you end up owing 10,000 for something you had nothing to do with.

Life is not fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: