Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:28 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,492,540 times

Advertisements

Just read this article:

Wynn: Strong demand prompted $110 increase in Garth Brooks ticket prices - Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2010 | 11:41 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Is this idiot serious??? There is a tiny uptick in the outlook for the tourist business in LV, and this is Wynn's response???

Does this clown's greed know no bounds??

There is nothing he or Garth Brooks do that is worth over $200 that can't be had elsewhere for less. I really hope people send a clear message that this thinly veiled thievery is no longer acceptable.

We really love Las Vegas (not just the strip) but fools like Wynn are like a bad skin rash that needs to go! I know it's all about business and profits, but this is just stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 04:55 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,376,299 times
Well you can't blame the man for wanting to make all he can since it cost him so much to bring Brooks in here. But you'd have to pay me $253 to go see him. I'm not big on hillbilly music even though I r one. I like a few of them, mostly of the Bluegrass, or Texas Outlaw, and Texas Swing variety, but never saw the attraction of ole Garth baby.

If he can get people to willingly pay that much, then more power to him. If they stop coming, he'll lower the price.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:58 PM

932 posts, read 2,349,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
We really love Las Vegas (not just the strip) but fools like Wynn are like a bad skin rash that needs to go!
He's no fool if the shows sell out at this price, is he?

Old 11-09-2010, 05:10 PM

699 posts, read 2,220,818 times
it's called supply and demand, and if people will pay it, then more power to all of them.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:45 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,925,792 times
When Garth Brooks first came out, I remember everyone was shocked at how low the ticket prices where. It's entirely possible that they were under-priced to begin with.

And I don't think that Wynn is necessarily greedy to want to charge more. The hospitality industry took a huge hit over the past few years, and his properties are very new to begin with. It's likely that these price increases would go towards covering losses, not personal profit.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:09 PM

24,410 posts, read 27,006,199 times
Steve Wynn has my respect. He's great at business. He isn't hosting a soup kitchen for crying out loud. If you think it's too high, don't watch it! The idea that corporations are supposed to feed and take care of the population is going to ruin this country.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:16 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,077,010 times
The Garth concert at Wynn has sold out in hours every time they have went up for sale. As much as I hate to see the ticket prices go up, it's a completely rational business decision to do so.

Last time the Garth tickets went on sale at the Wynn, I spent over 2 hours on hold on the phone and reloading their web reservation system and still never got a ticket.

I won't be seeing him at $250/ticket, but I'm sure they'll still sell out. I can't blame Mr Wynn for being a good business man.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,014,708 times
Quote:
Just read this article:

Wynn: Strong demand prompted $110 increase in Garth Brooks ticket prices - Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2010 | 11:41 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Is this idiot serious??? There is a tiny uptick in the outlook for the tourist business in LV, and this is Wynn's response??

Does this clown's greed know no bounds??this "clown" that you are referring to is a friggin genius in this town!

There is nothing he or Garth Brooks do that is worth over $200 that can't be had elsewhere for less. I really hope people send a clear message that this thinly veiled thievery is no longer acceptable.Sure it is.. its called supply and demand

We really love Las Vegas (not just the strip) but fools like Wynn are like a bad skin rash that needs to go! I know it's all about business and profits, but this is just stupid.
It may be stupid to you, but you aren't the one with the bank deposits

Badrapping Wynn is like bad rapping Giuliani! If you don't live here, you wouldn't understand

Old 11-10-2010, 05:11 AM

579 posts, read 998,438 times
This thread makes no sense. Why can't he charge whatever he wants for the show? It is his business and if he thinks charging $x is the right price then it is his right. This reminds me of people that want to stop fast food businesses from giving a toy with a happy meal because they ordered french fries instead of kale or stop allowing smoking in bars or stop adult entertainment establishments. If you don't like how someone is doing business don't go there. It seems pretty simple to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, should we pass a law that says anyone with $2 in quarters should get to see a show at The Wynn?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:25 AM

88 posts, read 258,282 times
Quote:

Does this clown's greed know no bounds??

There is nothing he or Garth Brooks do that is worth over $200 that can't be had elsewhere for less. I really hope people send a clear message that this thinly veiled thievery is no longer acceptable.
You have got a seriously skewed view of the market. Greed? You believe Wynn just decided to raise the prices because he is greedy? Why stop at $200 then, why not just charge $1000 a ticket? Is he not that greedy?

This is a business. Wynn spends a ton of money to put on the show, pay the musician, staff, etc. The purpose of all of that is to sell tickets for as much as the market will allow. If people think they are getting a good value at $200, they will see the show. If not, they won't and prices will go back down. How is it thievery? Who is being forced to purchase a ticket? If you don't think paying $200+ to see the show is a good deal, don't go. But plenty of people obviously do, maybe they would even be willing to pay $300 to see it! If that is the case, who is ripping off who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas