Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:44 PM

11,180 posts, read 16,072,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Sorry where did I say everyone should stay away? They remain inferior to a good MLS feed from a skilled agent. Sorry that causes you problems but it is true. If you are more comfortable with an inferior solution go for it.
Doesn't cause me any problems whatsoever. (Why would it?) Moreover, I am not looking for a solution because I don't have a problem to solve. (Another head-scratcher.) I was merely debating your point that CL is a worthless minefield. I never said anything about choosing to use CL as a sole search method.

As far as you telling people to stay away....how else would you interpret your comments in this thread about it land mines? And if that isn't sufficient, how about the comment below from a previous discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Craig list is all scam...no function.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 01:25 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,295,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Doesn't cause me any problems whatsoever. (Why would it?) Moreover, I am not looking for a solution because I don't have a problem to solve. (Another head-scratcher.) I was merely debating your point that CL is a worthless minefield. I never said anything about choosing to use CL as a sole search method.

As far as you telling people to stay away....how else would you interpret your comments in this thread about it land mines? And if that isn't sufficient, how about the comment below from a previous discussion:
YOu understudying Soprano? That remark has a context. It dealt with the use of Craig's list as a source of RE pricing. As a general rule that is really stupid in that Craig's list is absolutely loaded with scams particularly at the low end. And I think that covers the land mind comment...it is simply true.

Note the warning conspicuously posted on Craig's list. You think that scams are a desired attribute that they are featuring?

Old 11-13-2010, 03:26 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,295,775 times
Just for fun...

I showed some rentals late this week primarily in Manhattan Condo.

The spec was less than 1200..

So we search the MLS find 20.

Hits Craigs List...find 16. Look at the 16 and after removing illegals - duplicates and already leased we have 6.

So what would you like as a starting point 20 real or almost all so...or 16 of which most are not real?

I would note that it looks to me like the Craig's list last two days are good. I would also note they are virtually all RE Agents. Some disguised. So you pay the buyers agent fee whether you get one or not. (There was one exception where an RE agent put up the Craig list but did not list it in the MLS)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas