Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 01:34 PM

90 posts, read 184,975 times

Advertisements

I searched but didn't see a better place to post this. I just got home from Ob/Gyn Center: mod cut: in Las Vegas, without seeing the doctor with whom I'd made the appointment. The office staff was so rude I chose to leave. First time that has ever happened in any of the cities/states in which I've lived. The dispute was the fact that I didn't have an insurance card yet. The policy was enacted on Monday and it's with Blue Cross Anthem. She didn't want to hear it, didn't even give me a chance to point out that I anticipated there might be questions and had a couple hundred $$ in my wallet to pay for today's visit.

She apparently thinks she dodged a scammer, when that wasn't the case. But my experience serves as more anecdotal evidence about the nature of health care providers in Las Vegas. Today's appointment marked the very first time I've tried to be seen (by anybody) since moving here from out of state in June.

So can anybody please personally recommend their GYN? I actually need to see someone, it's not just routine.

Thanks guys

Last edited by scirocco22; 11-05-2010 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: let's be totally annonymous about the specific doctor's office
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 01:53 PM

458 posts, read 1,670,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memememe View Post
I searched but didn't see a better place to post this. I just got home from Ob/Gyn Center: mod cut: in Las Vegas, without seeing the doctor with whom I'd made the appointment. The office staff was so rude I chose to leave. First time that has ever happened in any of the cities/states in which I've lived. The dispute was the fact that I didn't have an insurance card yet. The policy was enacted on Monday and it's with Blue Cross Anthem. She didn't want to hear it, didn't even give me a chance to point out that I anticipated there might be questions and had a couple hundred $$ in my wallet to pay for today's visit.

She apparently thinks she dodged a scammer, when that wasn't the case. But my experience serves as more anecdotal evidence about the nature of health care providers in Las Vegas. Today's appointment marked the very first time I've tried to be seen (by anybody) since moving here from out of state in June.

So can anybody please personally recommend their GYN? I actually need to see someone, it's not just routine.

Thanks guys
I've heard lots of great things from my friends about Dr. Richard Groom although I've never been to him personally. My own experiences have all been with Henderson Gyns. Good luck!

Last edited by scirocco22; 11-05-2010 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: quote edited

Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 PM

(I totally think they deserve the specific calling-out ..and more.. but okay. )

(And... sorry.)

And, thanks Sheriwx! I'm doing some research on that name and a couple of others.

Bad news is I'm out of luck til Monday, possibly Tuesday, which is quite a drag. But if anyone wants more details about my experience today feel free to PM me. I'm so mad about it. Not only did they screw up the plans unnecessarily, since I've been waiting to be seen today finally; but they treated me like some kind of loser. It was humiliating.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:29 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:

Thanks guys
You should have just given her the digit...er, I mean, finger!

Old 11-05-2010, 02:33 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
I searched but didn't see a better place to post this. I just got home from Ob/Gyn Center: mod cut: no need to go on a pap smear campaign against them in Las Vegas, without seeing the doctor with whom I'd made the appointment. The office staff was so rude I chose to leave...
To Sir...With Love.

Last edited by scirocco22; 11-05-2010 at 04:23 PM..

Old 11-05-2010, 03:35 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I searched but didn't see a better place to post this. I just got home from Ob/Gyn Center: mod cut: no need to go on a pap smear campaign against them in Las Vegas, without seeing the doctor with whom I'd made the appointment. The office staff was so rude I chose to leave...

Jonathan

PS: I tried rep'in you but they want me to spread the wealth!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 PM

pap smear campaign

I like it. And nice touch with the red. lol

But it's not a smear when it's true

Old 11-05-2010, 06:54 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
Quote:
(I totally think they deserve the specific calling-out ..and more.. but okay. )
I think poor customer service is as appalling in a medical office as anywhere, not to mention the danger of poor patient care. C-D may ban these types of comments, but there are plenty of other places online where one can leave recommendations -- positive and negative -- for local physicians.

I spent all afternoon searching out a new gastroenterologist for my elderly mother, who is being ineffectively cared for by the one recommended by her primary care doctor. Among the directories that provide an opportunity for patients to comment on doctors are: City Search, healthgrades.com, angie's list, superpages.com, wellness.com, and the Better Business Bureau. I, for one, appreciate it when people take the time to contribute their thoughts on a medical provider. If the comments seem inappropriate or random, I'm more then willing to give the doctor the benefit of the doubt. Everybody doesn't like somebody. But when you see comment after comment such as, "He didn't show up for an appointment I waited three weeks for," or "Her office staff never returns my calls," you know to move on.

Good luck with your issue, Memememe. I hope you take the time to repeat your complaint somewhere where another Vegan might benefit from it.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:35 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
MeMeMe, I moved here in August and developed a severe gyn. problem. I had just made a new friend who was a former microbiologist at Baylor in Houston. I began working my way thru the yellow pages calling every female GYN I could find. Not one of them would take me. Either they were not accepting new patients or they would not accept Medicare only patients. I told my friend about the problem and she told me about a GYN she had previously worked with whom she thought was excellent. He had just moved his practice here because of an ailing mother. His name is Dr. Chudakoff and he is located in the medical bldg. next to Summerlin hospital. He saw me almost immediately and told me after examination, I was probably facing uterine cancer. I have since seen him many times and gone thru practically every test called for in the protocol without a definitive diagnosis. I'm throwing his name out since my experience was similar to yours and it's another doctor to check out who was very considerate of my situation.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:38 AM

425 posts, read 1,954,772 times
You should definitely post a review of them on Yelp. At least then other people in LV/the LV-area can be warned about this doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas