Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM

681 posts, read 2,801,443 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a reliable and experienced Realtor that knows the ins and outs of forclosure sales in the Las Vegas and surrounding areas?

As well, the realtor must be knowledgeable in transactions dealing with non-resident pruchasers.

I'm from Canada, so I need an agent that knows how to complete the offer quickly and correctly and advise me on what I would require for purchasing an income property for a non-resident.

Please list real estate companies by replying to this message, but if you have specific contact info for a particular person, please PM me that info along with how you know them and how your dealings went.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 01:14 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,838,313 times
We are not allowed to make realtor recommendations publicly on the forum. I'll send you a DM.

My realtor helped with all of your requirements except I'm not in a different country.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:49 PM

62 posts, read 113,327 times
Bledsoe3, I am in the same boat as the original poster. Could you please DM me some recommendations as well.
And to mricu - how did your purchase go? I am looking at buying some rental property in June.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 PM

My purchase went really smoothly and my realtor was great. I got a renter within a month of my purchase.

As for being a non-resident, the realtor you use doesn't really matter since there is nothing extraordinary in terms of writing up an offer as your residency does not come into play there.

What you really should be concerned with is if your Mortgage broker knows how to handle the purchase for a non-resident and how they/escrow will complete all the required documentation correctly.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM

62 posts, read 113,327 times
I will be paying cash for the condo. mricu are you using a property manager? I have one setup and she charges $500 to find first renter, 8% of monthly rent, and $200 if she has to find someone else. Is this reasonable, or is yours better? What area did you purchase in? That is great that you could rent it out so fast, I know of someone else and it took 3 months to find renters.

Also, was your property a foreclosure? If so, is it true that to sign over the ownership is only $150 if the property is bank owned (no lawyers needed)? I will be in vegas for 9 days, I hope this is long enough to find and buy a place.

Thanks

Old 03-04-2011, 03:14 PM

54 posts, read 138,491 times
I'm a Canadian as well looking to purchase this summer, keep posting your experiences. Love this site!

Old 03-04-2011, 03:17 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,765,438 times
Any recommendations may come from a source that is earning a referral fee, not saying it's the case here just something you should consider.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Any recommendations may come from a source that is earning a referral fee, not saying it's the case here just something you should consider.
Always illegal in NV...unless you are licensed.

Recently it appears to be much more of a lawyer thingy...where it is also illegal.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:46 PM

56 posts, read 84,524 times
mircu, could you DM a name of an agent you used that was attentive could deal with a Canadian buyer.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCards View Post
I will be paying cash for the condo. mricu are you using a property manager?
I originally was looking for property managers and after talking to a few, and even taking one on I didn't think I was getting my money's worth. So I fired them and I'm managing the property myself eventhough I live out of state.

I personally think the only advantage a property management company would give me is if I needed to evict my tenant. Everything else I can pretty much do by picking up a phone.

Only time I need to physically be in Vegas is for move-in and move-out reports wich would happen at the most everytime a lease is up and they don't renew. And when that does happen, it's a business trip and I get to make tax deductions for my trip to Vegas. But everyone's situation and comfort level is different.

Quote:
I have one setup and she charges $500 to find first renter, 8% of monthly rent, and $200 if she has to find someone else. Is this reasonable, or is yours better?
I think the deal your getting is to going rate. Usually 1 months rent for a one year agreement is the rule. Be aware of additional charges however. Some being:
- Administration/start up fee
- Renewal fee every year
- Advertising fees
- extra charges for dealing with HOA violations, move-in and move-out reports, monthly visits and eviction/court fees.
- some companies collect late fees if your renter doesn't pay, but they pocket all of it. It think it's fair to ask for 50/50 split if that happens.

I've been told similar charges as you have, only to find out they charge so many additional fees. Always ask what other fees will be involved.

Quote:
What area did you purchase in?
Southwest Vegas - 89178

Quote:
Also, was your property a foreclosure? If so, is it true that to sign over the ownership is only $150 if the property is bank owned (no lawyers needed)?
Mine was a foreclosure. I'm not too familiar with the sign over fee you mention so I can't comment on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike886 View Post
mircu, could you DM a name of an agent you used that was attentive could deal with a Canadian buyer.
DM sent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas