Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:10 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,671,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario826 View Post
IMO traffic lights in Vegas are very efficient at moving traffic, they have sensored lights now at most intersections, 5 years ago it was a pain since most were not
I've noticed that at a few intersections here and there, particularly in Summerlin, I think those are great.

There seems to be quite a bit of planning on the roads built here, along with the sensored lights, a lot of four lane roads here are wide enough to be 6, assuming once traffic increases and the city grows again, Las Vegas will just add a few more white dots onto some of the roads they will save MILLIONS on by not having to widen them

I've also noticed sections of 95 and 215 have really wide shoulders, which are great if they decide to another lane in the future, or if your car breaks down, or God forbid, NHP pulls you over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas