Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:08 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,604,575 times

Advertisements

I kinda guessed that Rancho was the old 95 before the freeway was built since now its "Business 95" Didnt know the freeway was less then 20 yrs old though

As far as the radio stations, its a much better selection then back east

As far as Sinclair is concerned, I had never seen them until I moved here. I usually get my gas (going against LVD's advice I'm trying to save money) at the Arco on Rancho and Craig as it's 2.74 and the Sinclair which is just one block from my house is 2.90

I have has Mexican Coke. Publix sold them for a short time and they were pretty good. Pepsi throwback has been out twice. I wish they would keep it. They first came out with it last summer. When it was discontinued the first time Publix had a sale Buy 3 get 2 free 12 packs. I took advantage of their sale, and drank so much I ended up giving 3 of those 12 packs away. When I visited here in March I enjoyed quite a few Pepsi throwbacks while I was here. They are still out there but they are few and far between

I figured Eastern Ave was the edge of town at one time considering that its in the central part of the city now. The last main road on the eastern edge now is Hollywood Blvd if I'm correct? Still I am not a fan of the east side of town, my girl lives near Charleston and Nellis, and I didnt know until I drove down there that Vegas had so many older developments. The worst area I have seen so far is Lake Mead between MLK and Nellis in North Las Vegas, though Bonanza is pretty bad as well. The east itself doesnt seem too bad, just old

Havent seen the space station in the sky lately. As far as views of the city go, I think the best ones are on the western edge of Summerlin, either at the top of Lake Mead or Summerlin Parkway, or at the top of Eastern Ave in the Seven Hills/Anthem area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM

25 posts, read 61,928 times
We have lived here for two months and agree with everything you said but wouldn't move back to Texas for anything, we love it! We live close to 95 and Durango so probably not too far from you.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,291,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa99 View Post
Coke Zero is as well
This is regarding Coke Zero (or anything else containing aspartame). Very good video....

YouTube - Coca Cola Commercial A Closer Look

Old 07-16-2010, 12:05 PM

157 posts, read 420,746 times
Thanks for the post LVD. I thought Coke Zero used Splenda.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasbnd View Post
We have lived here for two months and agree with everything you said but wouldn't move back to Texas for anything, we love it! We live close to 95 and Durango so probably not too far from you.
Not at all far. Im by Ann and 95

Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,577,742 times
Your post about the drivers is absolutely true Davie. About a week ago in the course of 2 days I had 3 near massive accidents on the highway. All 3 were people literally merging right into me. All 3 times I had to swerve either all the way into the breakdown lane or all the way into the next lane at the expense of making the other guy swerve too. And I'm not talking about the people that just sort of float into your lane. I'm talking about the people who just jerk the wheel and hope for the best. Ironically when I thought about it later I think it may have been due to my hope of saving gas by driving the speed limit on the highway. It may actually be safer to drive fast after all. I'm from Boston too and I'm twice as cautious on the highways here.

On a side note, what is with the seemingly endless amount of tire blowouts on the highway? Does everyone purchase their tires at the dollar store or something.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Your post about the drivers is absolutely true Davie. About a week ago in the course of 2 days I had 3 near massive accidents on the highway. All 3 were people literally merging right into me. All 3 times I had to swerve either all the way into the breakdown lane or all the way into the next lane at the expense of making the other guy swerve too. And I'm not talking about the people that just sort of float into your lane. I'm talking about the people who just jerk the wheel and hope for the best. Ironically when I thought about it later I think it may have been due to my hope of saving gas by driving the speed limit on the highway. It may actually be safer to drive fast after all. I'm from Boston too and I'm twice as cautious on the highways here.

On a side note, what is with the seemingly endless amount of tire blowouts on the highway? Does everyone purchase their tires at the dollar store or something.
Another observation....

Lots of tire blowouts and other debris on the freeway might cause serious accidents

I nearly lost control of my car once to avoid a truck tire in the road 95 seems REALLY bad for that. Whether I was driving the speed limit or not (its 65, I usually go about 70) that could have been a severe accident

Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,542,862 times
What happens on Vegas highways...stays on Veags highways.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:37 PM

990 posts, read 1,658,603 times
Heat stress on the tires?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 PM

317 posts, read 1,004,450 times
black coffee + cardamom + lemon is good when its hot !

or tea +cardamom + lemon .... + some spaces to improve blood circulation (as Tamari Bancha, Ginkgo Biloba, Calendula....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas