Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:08 AM

38 posts, read 178,727 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there are any supermarket grocery stores in walking ditsance of Mesilla Mall on Telshor? I know there are a few Alberstons but none of them are on Telshor and was wondering if one of them is in walking ditsnace from the mall? Also one last question does anybody know if there are any good photos on the internet of Las Cruces, specifically that show what the area looks like on South Telshor near the mall? All the photos I've found so far of Las Cruces tend to be of mountains, cactus, flower scenary which is nice but I'd like to get a good look at what the town itself looks like, especially the area by the mall along Telshor. So far I can't find that. I've been using image search at google, yahoo, msn but it hasn't helped. Thanks for your time!

Last edited by bfire52; 03-15-2009 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: spelling corrections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 08:18 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,285,173 times
The Albertson's on Lohman is really on the corner of Lohman and Telshor. It's not too far from the mall. That intersection could be in any new western city.

You might look here for pics

Old 03-16-2009, 10:08 AM

9,379 posts, read 20,836,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfire52 View Post
Does anyone know if there are any supermarket grocery stores in walking ditsance of Mesilla Mall on Telshor? I know there are a few Alberstons but none of them are on Telshor and was wondering if one of them is in walking ditsnace from the mall? Also one last question does anybody know if there are any good photos on the internet of Las Cruces, specifically that show what the area looks like on South Telshor near the mall? All the photos I've found so far of Las Cruces tend to be of mountains, cactus, flower scenary which is nice but I'd like to get a good look at what the town itself looks like, especially the area by the mall along Telshor. So far I can't find that. I've been using image search at google, yahoo, msn but it hasn't helped. Thanks for your time!
Go onto maps.google.com and go to Street View. I think Lohman's street view goes up to the Telshor interchange. Just beyond Telshor is the Nacho Ave traffic light. That is where Albertson's is. You could practically walk backward from this Albertson's to the Mall parking lot in under 10 minutes.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:38 AM

576 posts, read 2,309,566 times
Quote:
Also one last question does anybody know if there are any good photos on the internet of Las Cruces, specifically that show what the area looks like on South Telshor near the mall? All the photos I've found so far of Las Cruces tend to be of mountains, cactus, flower scenary which is nice but I'd like to get a good look at what the town itself looks like, especially the area by the mall along Telshor. So far I can't find that. I've been using image search at google, yahoo, msn but it hasn't helped. Thanks for your time!
Here's a great place to start for photos of how Las Cruces is growing: The Californization of Las Cruces on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gograffer/2763605983/in/pool-933186@N22 - broken link)

~clairz

Old 03-16-2009, 11:38 AM

56 posts, read 162,041 times
I have to admit, when I read the title of this thread, the first thing that came to mind was, "When did Mesilla get a mall?"

As mike0421 mentioned, Albertson's is close but just be careful crossing the road.

Have you moved to Cruces yet? I'm guessing that you will be working around the Telshor area? I'll be moving back to Cruces in a few months and one thing I want to do is take and post pictures of the town, not just the scenery. It really helps those looking for information to see it from all perspectives.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:10 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairz View Post
Here's a great place to start for photos of how Las Cruces is growing: The Californization of Las Cruces on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gograffer/2763605983/in/pool-933186@N22 - broken link)

~clairz
The pictures are nice, but, I have some not so nice feelings (that I will keep to myself) about the sentiments that accompany the main photo

Old 03-16-2009, 12:17 PM

9,379 posts, read 20,836,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The pictures are nice, but, I have some not so nice feelings (that I will keep to myself) about the sentiments that accompany the main photo
Meaning, "Californization" is not necessarily a bad thing? I have mixed feelings on that subject, honestly.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:02 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Meaning, "Californization" is not necessarily a bad thing? I have mixed feelings on that subject, honestly.
No, meaning that red tile roofs are not specific to California and have been present in the southwest and New Mexico, since the Spaniards arrived hundreds of years ago.

Every time I reach the crest of Lohman and Roadrunner and look out across the houses and rooftops, I think how perfectly they fit into the landscape as if they arose naturally out of the desert clay. Same when I am driving along Northrise and look across towards the mountains. The houses here have an organic quality that remind me very much of ancient dwellings from the far, near and middle east, where, by the way, tile roofs originated.

If all of the 'examples' had been built in Mission or Arts and Crafts style, I would have said 'yep, Californization' - but, tile and stucco (masquerading as adobe, no less) - seems perfectly appropriate for the area to me.

Yes, I, too, have mixed feelings about the development in and of itself, but, the style of the architecture is just fine with me.

And BTW - 'Camino Coyote' is not 'faux-Spanglish'.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:05 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,732,145 times
Quote:
Go to ViewLasCruces.net
There are numerous virtual tours of that part of town.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM

16 posts, read 37,103 times
Hello, everyone who is already involved with this Las Cruces-New Mexico forum. I am very interested in any good and bad info on Las Cruces area. I have lived in the state of Maine, all My life, and cannot take the long cold winters,the long cold wet,freezing rains,gray dreary skies of spring till end of May till almost June before We get any good weather. Living in Maine top northeast state, as Canada Our next door neighbor, We get frigid air mass all the time to make for too long winters and short summers. Being from the East Coast,from Maine to all of New England,all it is is continuous sprawl,city city rat race. In between, down the coast mid Virginia, going inland and west to north Carolina, Tennessee, is as far as I have got so far, on My motorcycle, and have loved the People, scenery, slower pace compared to the East. May 23 I plan on continuing My journey out to Las Cruces, I-40 all the way, Sorry this was My long intro to get to here!! I have received a ton of info from New Mexico vacatio guide, Las Cruces chamber of commerece etc, real estate mags and more. I think I can get more from the People who have been there and lived there or are living there now. I do like the weather stats of LC compared to up state, north; also like the native and Mexican culture of religon, family,respect for the environment, all seems to be getting lost all through America. I would greatly appreciate any of Your wisdom and insights on any thing I could learn about Your state, in advance thank You all ..Tim Perry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces