Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 09:43 PM

9,416 posts, read 20,977,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
Hola Las Crucerenos, I'm road tripping through in a couple of weeks and planning on tent camping a couple of nights in Aguirre. Any tips or comments for me? Best hiking trails? Anything interesting in town? Is it warming up nicely now?

Happy Easter to all.
Pine Tree Trail is your friend. I think it's the best hiking trail in the Las Cruces area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2024, 01:59 AM

461 posts, read 446,600 times
Thanks Mike. I read some reviews on pine tree trail. All excellent. Sounds right up my alley.
And right in the Campground.
Will take plenty of water and be on the lookout for rattlers,

Cheers

Old 04-03-2024, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
Thanks Mike. I read some reviews on pine tree trail. All excellent. Sounds right up my alley.
And right in the Campground.
Will take plenty of water and be on the lookout for rattlers,

Cheers
If you go up from the left (it's loop trail) you will be going up more steeply, then on the right side coming down, it's more gradual. Most hikers go clockwise. I've done it counterclockwise as well.

Old 06-18-2024, 08:43 AM

4 posts, read 1,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrow46 View Post
We’ve been here for three years now and my wife and I have decided we’ve had enough. When we first moved here we liked it. Weather is fine and the Organs are beautiful but the negatives have begun to outweigh the positives. First off the people here are not friendly. Aggressive drivers. Aggressive people in general. I’ve had run ins with strangers here when I never had any in the place we came from. No matter where you go the customer service sucks. From restaurants to stores and everything in between. It has a small town mentality and the basic thought process is, if you don’t like it, go somewhere else. There’s absolutely no police presence whatsoever and idiots use the road near our house as a racetrack 24/7. Extremely loud cars and loud music constantly, disrespectful to the point of making our neighborhood unlivable. I’ve called the police several times and not once have I seen them show up in our area. There are a few decent restaurants but they get old after a while. No real sports bars, we’ve gone to one and paid $9 for a hamburger the size of a McDonalds regular hamburger and the place was so dirty we’ll never go again. No real entertainment, for that you’re driving 45 minutes to El Paso and dealing with the Highway of Death (I-10). We wanted to relocate to a different neighborhood but now the one good thing Las Cruces had going for it is gone; affordable housing is no more. If you want a nice house in a nice neighborhood you’re spending $300k for a 1500 sq ft track home with a postage size lot. Truth is, it’s boring here. If you’re retired and have a bunch of money you might like it here. Buy a nice home in a quiet neighborhood and don’t go anywhere, this might be the place for you. Just know if you go outside of your neighborhood you’re going to be dealing with aggressive bro’s with bad attitudes driving their BMW’s with 84 month loans. The job market is horrible because of its size. My wife has a masters and the same teaching job she had where we’re from pays almost half here as it did there. She’s looked for work the entire time we’ve been here but if there’s not a Spanish requirement, the pay is laughable. If this place had more going for it it would be one thing but it’s just a dusty patch in the desert with overpriced homes and nothing to do. We tried to like it here, we tried to make it work but are now done. It’s not worth it. This place ain’t worth trying for. If you’re thinking about moving here, look at other options first. More than likely we’ll end up outside of Tucson or Phoenix as Albuquerque is just a bigger version of this.
I've had the exact same experience in LC, and am also looking to move to Tucson. Where are the best, safest areas of town to live? Is it much better than cruces, people wise? Everyone out here is a miserable prick.

Old 06-18-2024, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlap View Post
I've had the exact same experience in LC, and am also looking to move to Tucson. Where are the best, safest areas of town to live? Is it much better than cruces, people wise? Everyone out here is a miserable prick.
It could be wise to ask those on the Tucson forum about places to live. Sorry to read that there is another dissatisfied resident. Totally understandable how this place isn't for everyone.

Old 06-18-2024, 12:55 PM

5,844 posts, read 4,463,864 times
If only all the people planning to move to Cruces would figure that out in advance.

Old 06-19-2024, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
If only all the people planning to move to Cruces would figure that out in advance.
Thanks for proving my point. Like most new mexicans, I would bet my left testicle you've never even left the state. The dumbest people I've ever met are from here and I've been to pretty much every state in the country. Everyone else I talk to that moved here from somewhere else hates it, unless they're a drug addicted loser or a boomer retiree. It's boring and there is no culture whatsoever.

Old 06-19-2024, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
It could be wise to ask those on the Tucson forum about places to live. Sorry to read that there is another dissatisfied resident. Totally understandable how this place isn't for everyone.
I'm asking here because he's specifically talking about moving to Tucson from LC and I wanted his input. The likelihood of most people on the tucson forum having lived here is pretty slim.

Old 06-19-2024, 07:36 AM

5,844 posts, read 4,463,864 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point. Like most new mexicans, I would bet my left testicle you've never even left the state. .
Welcome to monorchidism. I'll wait while you look that up.

Quote:
The dumbest people I've ever met are from here and I've been to pretty much every state in the country. Everyone else I talk to that moved here from somewhere else hates it, unless they're a drug addicted loser or a boomer retiree. It's boring and there is no culture whatsoever
And the people moving to town aren't making it a better place, they're making it worse. But that's what people do. They read about someplace, flock there by the thousands, and pretty soon the place they sought doesn't exist anymore and they wonder why. They they flock to another place and ruin that.

Old 06-19-2024, 04:02 PM

Quote:
I'm asking here because he's specifically talking about moving to Tucson from LC and I wanted his input. The likelihood of most people on the tucson forum having lived here is pretty slim.
You could also send RedCrow46 a Direct Message, as he could be the only contributor here that has relocated successfully to Tucson. I can show you how to Direct Message if you want further help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces