Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 11:24 AM

197 posts, read 485,693 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

Happy Wednesday!

Painter, You'll get here. You seem determined and we like that.

So my kid turned 16 yesterday! I got him a backpacker guitar and an electric guitar and amp. He wanted the electric guitar and amp, but the backpacker was my idea for him to take with him when he goes places with questionable weather, etc. So I gave him the backpacker on the way to Tomo Sushi last night...

And I never let on that there was more - that there was an electric guitar coming. I am an evil mommy. I was all like, you know, with the economy and all, and I know you wanted another guitar, etc...

He was so good about it - he was saying how neat the backpacker guitar was and how he thought it was a great idea, LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

What a good kid.

His face really lit up when I had Dan meet us at the Sushi place with the "real" guitar.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 AM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times
Awww...Jen, sounds like your secret plan worked out well!
My stepson turned 16 this year and boy did THAT get here quick...LOL

Pam, no party yet, couldn't have had it without you!!

I would love to try and get together as many of us as possible when Gem comes up...the house just may not be "just so"

Old 10-08-2008, 01:54 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
Jen- Cute story. My 16 year old son has 4 or 5 guitars and constantly wants more. Now it seems like he is into Paint ball.
Mystic- "Aawwwwww, you were waiting for me???? Well I'm back and ready for a party. I know Bones will be all excited about a party.
Mystic, houses are never "just so", besides this is Tn and the Tn. motto is Live and let live. Bill and I would love another get together. Are you in Knoxville? We're in EastTown now.
Pam

Old 10-08-2008, 03:57 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Jen- Cute story. My 16 year old son has 4 or 5 guitars and constantly wants more. Now it seems like he is into Paint ball.
Mystic- "Aawwwwww, you were waiting for me???? Well I'm back and ready for a party. I know Bones will be all excited about a party.
Mystic, houses are never "just so", besides this is Tn and the Tn. motto is Live and let live. Bill and I would love another get together. Are you in Knoxville? We're in EastTown now.
Pam
Be glad its only Paintball, my 14 yr old Grandson has a Gun collection, I mean real guns. He is a competitive shooter in competitions so of course he wants every gun he see's, he has 35 Air Soft Guns also. I'm just glad I'm not a parent in todays society, my kids would be hurting as I wouldnt buy them all the things teens have and want now.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:02 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Howdy Ho neighbors!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Howdy Ho neighbors!!!
Hey Funnyman,
Are you in Knoxville too? Welcome!
Pam

Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,329,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Mouse, so glad your mom is recovering. I vote for the girls' pajama party; I remember my post-op meds always made me feel "festive"...for lack of a better word.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. J & Em, Pam & Bill, how cool that others from my neck of the woods are on here! With positive thoughts on moving down, no less! I agree that the people are nicer down TN way - even in the forums too. I never realized how huge C-D is. I'm going to start searching other threads again for "main street" shopping areas & strip plazas with flavor in the eastern TN area. I wish I had checked out Maryville & Fountain City when I was down in May. Just have to come back, I guess!!
Thanks piperspal! Yes, she was a bit "festive" last night for a while when she still had anasthesia working and the pain meds kicking in.
I am not from NY, but CT. I am also not in Knox, but Tri-Cities which is still considered part of "east TN" There are a bunch of us "Yanks" in this neck of the woods hahahahha. But so far all that I have met really like this area for what it is and really enjoy living here, I know I do! Just a thought while you are still in research mode, have you looked at Kingsport as a possibility? They have that downtown "main St." shopping area with all local owned shops and restaurants. If that is one of your main goals, you might want to check it out, just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarijen View Post
Hi Everyone!

Happy Wednesday!

Painter, You'll get here. You seem determined and we like that.

So my kid turned 16 yesterday! I got him a backpacker guitar and an electric guitar and amp. He wanted the electric guitar and amp, but the backpacker was my idea for him to take with him when he goes places with questionable weather, etc. So I gave him the backpacker on the way to Tomo Sushi last night...

And I never let on that there was more - that there was an electric guitar coming. I am an evil mommy. I was all like, you know, with the economy and all, and I know you wanted another guitar, etc...

He was so good about it - he was saying how neat the backpacker guitar was and how he thought it was a great idea, LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

What a good kid.

His face really lit up when I had Dan meet us at the Sushi place with the "real" guitar.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
What a fun birthday memory you created for him as well as the great gifts!
You sound like a fun Mom for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Be glad its only Paintball, my 14 yr old Grandson has a Gun collection, I mean real guns. He is a competitive shooter in competitions so of course he wants every gun he see's, he has 35 Air Soft Guns also. I'm just glad I'm not a parent in todays society, my kids would be hurting as I wouldnt buy them all the things teens have and want now.
Gailli, I AM a parent in today's society, my kids are not hurting at all....they are not happy with my "No's" about a lot of the junk out there today, but not hurting hahahha. I agree with you here, if my boys had a love of guns I would have to shut that down right away, I just couldn't even imagine having guns in my house let alone my kids having them! Your kids have way more guts than I do as far as parenting goes, I wouldn't have a nerve left in me that would work right! hahahhahahaha

SMG, Gem, Bones, Hik, painter and all, thank you so much for the well wishes for Mom. It is the beginning of a hard road to recovery now but she was up today early and walked to the door with a walker. Then tonight walked down the hall a ways! She is really progressing there, I am proud of her. The pain is bad but she is managing it well. We have had a few weird issues, such as her veins "rolling", and IV busting a vain, and other stuff like that.....mom has tricky veins LOL!.
I do have to say, if anyone is close to Rogersville and thinking of having a procedure....do it somewhere else! The people are nice and the nurses have been great, I want to say that up front, but as for the rest of the hospital........ Lets put it this way, no computers on the floors, the nurses still do everything on paper.....yea, in 2008! And they do not have any local telemetry, it is monitored in Kingsport!!!! I am NOT happy about that at all, but the nurses were great and came in twice as much as normal to do her stats. They have other nurses coming onto the ortho area looking to borrow equipment...like thermometers and BP cuffs because they don't seem to have enough to go around and the hospital is not full..
Oh, they call it "heart healthy diet only" for patients....then they bring Mom fried chicken....deep fried with an inch thick of batter.....and corn bread for dinner. Sorry, that is just not MY idea of heart healthy
I am very mixed about this, I mean the ortho Dr. and his team are FANTASTIC but the facility itself??????
Already told Mom that anything else that needs to be done will be done in Kingsport.
Ok, sorry about the rant folks...tired I guess LOL!!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:24 AM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times
yep, Pam, we're in Knoxville now--and of course I waited for you---wouldn't be a party without ya!

I will talk to hubby tonight and see what he thinks about dates
Maybe a Sunday afternoon? I work Friday and Saturday nights

Old 10-09-2008, 07:48 AM

Mystic,
How cool we are all in Knoxville....... well almost all of us.
Gailli You are so right about parenting today.
Hope everyone has a great day, I won't be around much, lots to do- my parents arrive tomorrow(sp.?)
Pam
Painter I heard on the news last night that houses are finally selling in Florida... theres lots of hope!

Last edited by Pam& Bill; 10-09-2008 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: thought for Painter

Old 10-09-2008, 09:35 AM

780 posts, read 1,766,494 times
MBMouse, glad to hear Mom is doing well, may she keep on having a speedy recovery.

Yes, the guns are scary to me, my daughter was a Sheriff Deputy and my Grandsons father is a Sgt on the Police Force, I guess they know better than I do but my son wouldnt have all the guns at his disposal at age of 14.

Parenting to me in this day and age scares me, peer pressure is so strong towards doing bad things. Not to mention the violent xbox and etc games. I think a lot of parents use the games as a babysitter. I dont like the education that kids get from these games.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, I am going to meet friends for lunch so I best get going. Take care all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville