Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2008, 09:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times

Advertisements

hi gem hi smoky raining here quiet day at home just thought i would say hi.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:28 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
hi gem hi smoky raining here quiet day at home just thought i would say hi.
Hi back

Old 10-04-2008, 11:03 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,137,749 times
Just dropped in to say, "Goodnight, all." It's a late night at the gemkeeper residence.

Thanks for dropping in, Huckleberry. It's always nice to see you. Where is the beautiful painting, though? I always enjoy your creations.

LOL, SMG. In that case the boys weren't paying much attention to the foliage on the drive to Dollywood. They had more important things to talk about. That sounds like a great get-together.

I sure miss the days when our sons had big gatherings at the house and laughed and ate for hours. We used to bake 3 large Monkey Breads, a pan of lasagna and various other meals for the two oldest boys and their friends over winter break. They each took "Mom-cooked" meals, along with the rest of the crew, when they went to the upper end of MI over their winter break to go skiing. It was a good 7 or 8 hour drive depending on the snowy road conditions. Rarely did the Monkey Bread survive the drive up. It was wonderful to see all of the boys grow into men, have families of their own, and although scattered all over the country, they still meet in CO or WA or British Columbia every year or two for a ski outing.

That is what good friendships are made of. No matter what the age, where the direction of one's life goes, or the element of time and circumstance, you are there for one another for a moment or a lifetime.

Good night, friends.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:53 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
I used a bunch of coupons from a friend's book last year, and was hoping to buy my own coupon book this year, but never saw anyone selling them!
Boy, Bebette...Josh was so upset when I told him we may only have 1 buyer for his coupon book and that was me, lol...he ended up with 3, two being from hubby's work, but we'd have sold ya one!

Old 10-05-2008, 02:11 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,306,279 times
Lauren sold one. From me!

Old 10-05-2008, 06:25 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times
I bought two Knox County and two Blount County both from people at work. I use those coupons like crazy and what I don't use I put into our share box at work. I was a bit bummed that Home Depot didn't do their 10% off this year.

Gem, I had a "moment" the other day when I was thinking about how quiet things will be after this year and how much I will miss having all these kids around. The Empty Nest is not my cup of tea.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:45 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Do you all remember ever saying oh I can't wait for the kids to be grown because then we can-----, and I even remember friends saying oh it will be so hard to see----go off to college but I can't wait to be an empty nester, lol. NOW those same friends say Oh I so miss when my kids were home. The thing I find amusing is after they leave you WANT to pick up after them, cook big meals and do the dirty laundry. And don't forget the cash flows home or not. I am one down and one to go, but my dd is smarter than the average bear, she knows it is cheaper to stay home while in college, on both of us. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday, I am off and running.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:22 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,137,749 times
SMG, I have those moments frequently - AND, I still have #4 at home attending his last year of college. It isn't quite the same as having a houseful of your laughing, crazy kids, and all of their friends livening up the place.

If I get to thinking about it too much I end up in tears. I have driven down the highway listening to the 70's station on XM, hear a particular song and start reliving our household through hearing the tune - bawling my eyes out!!

Painter, I do not miss the picking up part or the battle whose turn it is to do the dishes tonight routine, but the love, hugs and sharing are too much to give up.

Ahhh, phooey. Now, I'm in tears again!!! I have to go call the kids. See ya later.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:25 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Oh My Gem I sure didn't mean to bring you tears!!!!! But I sure do understand, my dd is home so little now I miss her and she hasn't even moved out. My son he is the one that breaks my heart now but that is another story I am not ready to share.

AS to my lookers my agent hasn't heard back other than thanks for the additional info and we are still interested. This is sounding promising but he doesn't think we'll hear anything else till Monday. I know they are from out of state or at least I think they are. So I am in the middle of repainting the front patio floor, dble front doors and putting in fall flowers so IF they come to look the entry will make a really nice 1st impression. Well back to washing the back side of the house now, see you.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:13 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,306,279 times
Well, I sure hope you are all here when Lauren leaves. That is going to be one major meltdown.

I cry every time I listen to Kenny Chesney's "There Goes My Life."

Sorry you are feeling blue, gem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville