Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times

Advertisements

Well....crud.
My realtor EMAILED me....after promising to call tonight and not calling, to tell me she can't show us anything tomorrow. This is getting a little obnoxious--I have tried to be patient with her but this is not the first time she's pulled this kind of thing--Hubby could have started his new job tomorrow, but we were going to take the one final day to look at houses since it's my day off and MORE overtime next week...so I guess in the AM we'll be calling some of the seller's agents and trying to see which ones we can go look at. Poo.

Thanks for the well-wishes!! I am hoping one of the insides of these places calls our names! It will be our first home, and I just am so excited!

Gem--14.75%...WHOA. Amazing...to look back on it now, huh?!

Fall Fanatic--you are quite welcome

Old 07-23-2008, 04:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Well....crud.
My realtor EMAILED me....after promising to call tonight and not calling, to tell me she can't show us anything tomorrow. This is getting a little obnoxious--I have tried to be patient with her but this is not the first time she's pulled this kind of thing--Hubby could have started his new job tomorrow, but we were going to take the one final day to look at houses since it's my day off and MORE overtime next week...so I guess in the AM we'll be calling some of the seller's agents and trying to see which ones we can go look at. Poo.

Thanks for the well-wishes!! I am hoping one of the insides of these places calls our names! It will be our first home, and I just am so excited!

Gem--14.75%...WHOA. Amazing...to look back on it now, huh?!

Fall Fanatic--you are quite welcome

You need my agent. You really do. I use to beg her not to do so much. And in the end, she gave us a lovely $30 gift card from Lowe's. She was supportive and dependable.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:58 AM

38 posts, read 65,266 times
Well we are official! Got our TN tags yesterday went to Litton's and had red velvet cake!!! Still unpacking, interview went well, phone interview with 4 on the line. a little nerve racking since you cannot tell their reactions very well. Told it could take another 2 weeks for a in person interview. So more waiting. PBJ on the menu for now!!!!!
We are up for any party Hik. I make a mean potato salad!

Hello to all and have a wonderful East TN day!!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:25 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,683,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
[
I remember a long, long time ago (1981!! a different century!) in a land far, far away (Michigan) when houses for sale were few and far between. DH had been transferred from his company in SC to their MI facility and had to start work right away. We bought one of the few houses available on the market at a 14.75% mortgage rate!! It scares me to death now to imagine how we ever managed, but we did. We remortgaged 3 different times as the rates dropped over the 16+ years that we lived there.

Now, there are so many houses on the market that it must be difficult to decide where to start looking. And, hopefully, you won't be saddled with a mortgage as high as 14.75%.

Happy home-hunting.
I remember those high-interest mortgage days as well. Although ours was 9.75, we also refinanced every chance we could. Somehow you make do with whatever you have available. Lesson learned.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:48 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Good day all, Hik are you feeling better today? Those shots can leave you sore for a day or so and then when it kicks in oh what relief. I pray it is not the disc.
Mystic-Hope you find your dream today. What's up with the agent, here they are jumpin at a chance just to have a buyer, then again that's the panhandle. Suzanne & Gem, I too remember the high rates, I am afraid they may get back up there in the future.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:36 AM

That's one of the reason we bought now. We were afraid the rates were going to go higher.

My hip feels great. However, my back is killing me. Fortunately, it isn't bad sitting at the desk at work, much like yesterday at home.

Still, wow, does it ever hurt, and not where they put the needle in. WEIRD.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:33 AM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times
Hik,
Since this is my first go-round, I don't know the answer to this question--once you are "signed" with an agent, hw long is that good for? We signed with her when she attempted to put that contract in on the house in Strawberry Plains...had I known then what I know now, I NEVER would have....
I would love to have a realtor that would work FOR us alittle--I have done ALL the legwork here...not sure what she would be getting paid for, KWIM?

Hubby called all the places-- 1 is sold, 2 have verbal contracts, 1 we go to look at @ 1pm, and the other said that our realtor probably has a partner and to call THEM to see if they could show us the house. I am willing to bet that the sellers of that house would not be too happy to know that their agent was unwilling to show their house...

As of now, I still have yet to hear back from my realtor. Hik, I would love to have the name and number of yours, if you want to DM me--I just have to figure out how long we are tied to this one.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Hik,
Since this is my first go-round, I don't know the answer to this question--once you are "signed" with an agent, hw long is that good for? We signed with her when she attempted to put that contract in on the house in Strawberry Plains...had I known then what I know now, I NEVER would have....
I would love to have a realtor that would work FOR us alittle--I have done ALL the legwork here...not sure what she would be getting paid for, KWIM?

Hubby called all the places-- 1 is sold, 2 have verbal contracts, 1 we go to look at @ 1pm, and the other said that our realtor probably has a partner and to call THEM to see if they could show us the house. I am willing to bet that the sellers of that house would not be too happy to know that their agent was unwilling to show their house...

As of now, I still have yet to hear back from my realtor. Hik, I would love to have the name and number of yours, if you want to DM me--I just have to figure out how long we are tied to this one.
I don't know how that works. My buyer's agent put in an offer on a house and they didn't accept. We signed some paper work saying she was our agent. Later, down the road, she said something about the fact that we could use anyone, so I don't think they have such things, like you have to be stuck with a buyer's agent.

I will DM Sandy's name and number and you can call her and ask.

Also, I had a mortgage broker from hell, then used Sandy's friend, who is the lead broker at MIG and she was fantastic. The mortgage sailed in like the breeze. So you don't have that problem to worry about, either.

She's fantastic with first time home buyers. I am neurotic, as everyone on here knows, and she made everything so easy.

Last edited by hiknapster; 07-23-2008 at 08:56 AM..

Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
KSurvivor- You got to go to Litton's for RVC???? Lucky you!

Mystic Fire- what does the paper say that you signed with the realtor? Most realtors won't take you to see a house if you are already using someone, because it creates a sticky situation over who gets the commission. Your best bet is to call the realtor you are unhappy with, tell them you have decided to stop looking, wait a day or two and go sign with someone new. They are working for you.

Hik- glad to hear the shot helped.

I'm off of here for most of today. I have a week left before we move. Got to get busy!
Pam

Old 07-23-2008, 08:51 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,395,151 times
It all depends on the contract you signed. It might have been just for that specific property. Some agents will try to force you to sign a blanket exclusivity contract that locks you in for 90 days; others won't. Most contracts have out clauses. Take a look at what your contract says, mysticfire, then have a talk with your agent. If you want to work with someone else, it shouldn't be a big deal.

And verbal contracts mean next to nothing. The property isn't tied up, so you should be able to see it. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville