Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 07:58 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Fallfanatic, I think we all walk around in a daze most of the time. Right now, I am trying to figure out our new feature on C-D. This should present a challenge to some of us and a really treat to others.

I guess we'll all learn together. It's a great idea and C-D just keeps getting better and better.
Thanks gem!!!
I think my coffee wasn't strong enough, or maybe too strong...
I haven't even attempted to try new features, still working on the others. I assure you I will be one of the challenged.(Who am I kidding; I am one of the challenged)

Old 06-01-2008, 06:53 AM

Good Morning Everyone.......
I keep forgetting that it's three hours later there....I guess yall have been up for a while now. Oh Well, Good Morning Anyways.

I'm accustomed to days sneaking away from me...but for some reason this year I'm loosing months! June???? Really??

Old 06-01-2008, 11:26 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,542 times
Good morning, or should I say, Good Afternoon. Hope everyone is doing well on this beautiful weekend.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:17 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,780,863 times
Thanks fallfanatic, it is good to be home in TN.

I began asking what new things and then decided to look around. I have been so busy since before the move that I have only been here a few times and didn't realize that there were indeed some new features. I guess I'll have to spend some time relearning, too.

Gem I sure hope the housing market stabilizes and you and your hubby can find just the right place. We are finally getting our bearings and hope to explore a little more of the Maryville to Knoxville surroundings.

Hik, I think your partial pessimism is either rubbing off or things are just plain looking bleaker to even this eternal optimist! The driver for the moving company we used sure made a case for how this continuing increase in fuel prices will be hitting home by mid summer. So much of what we buy is shipped via trucks, and diesel fuel certainly is no longer a bargain. We have cut back on some of our planned spending, trying to make things last a bit longer, but fixing the car never seemed like an option anyone would not take, so I thought your husband would be much less impacted. If something as basic and important as car maintainance is being cut back by so many it does seem to make a case for more bleak economic news. That said, we have always manged to buy and sell during all the bad times (like when mortgage interest rates where 13.5% ) and somehow have survived and more or less thrived. Don't give up, the right house will come along as long as you are still looking.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:02 AM

Hello everybody!!!!!

I just thought I'd share (what I'm sure will be a) funny story with yall....
Yesterday, my dear, sweet hubby showed me how to create folders in my favorites section, so I could organize the hundreds of links I have accumulated....I didn't know I could do that, much less how. This was a side affect of what he was initially showing me how to do. I have never known how to copy and paste a link...(I know you're laughing at me...that's alright I'm laughing at myself too!!!) Everytime I put a link in for someone I literally write it down and then type it in, and the link shows up. However, that is a very long and tedious process, and still doesn't always work. So, his inital efforts were to show me how to copy and paste. Wow...so much easier!
See...I'm not kidding when I say I'm still trying to figure out the old features!!!!!
Ok, so hopefully I've given everyone a good laugh today. Now, even if you had a bad day you still have something to smile about...or should I say continue laughing about.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:25 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
I wouldn't worry about it. I work in tech support. There are very few people that know how to cut and paste. Really. Now you know more than most!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:35 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,429 times
Smile Thank you, good friends, for your support.

Fallfanatic, you are going to be a whiz before you know it.

I just wanted to let everyone know who has been so kind to offer their good thoughts and prayers, that DH's surgery went well yesterday and I have brought him home and have him tucked uncomfortably in bed.

I will be playing either Nurse Ratchett or Waitress Alice for the next several days, but it will be worth it!

The surgeon told us we should expect good news and a good outcome for hubby. Thank you all for the lovely notes and support over the last couple of days.

This forum is full of good friends and kind folks. I hope to be catching up on all of the posts over the next week or so.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:05 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,542 times
Quote:

I just wanted to let everyone know who has been so kind to offer their good thoughts and prayers, that DH's surgery went well yesterday and I have brought him home and have him tucked uncomfortably in bed.

I will be playing either Nurse Ratchett or Waitress Alice for the next several days, but it will be worth it!

The surgeon told us we should expect good news and a good outcome for hubby. Thank you all for the lovely notes and support over the last couple of days.

This forum is full of good friends and kind folks. I hope to be catching up on all of the posts over the next week or so.
That is wonderful news Gemkeeper, take good care of him and we will keep him in our thoughts for sure, and yes, great people on here arent there?

Old 06-04-2008, 11:10 AM

gem....I'm so glad to here that hubby is doing good!!!! Thank you for letting us know. Also, thanks for the comment about becoming a whiz. While that is an exaggeration, it did make me feel good about my lack of computer knowledge!!! You're always so sweet....Thanks for just being you.

hiknapster...Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone in the wonderful world of computers!!! You have no idea how many times I think that I am the only person in the world who doesn't get it!!!! So thank you!!!

The bright side to my computer illiteracy is.... at least I can give everyone a good laugh....

Y'all have a wonderful day!!!!!
And gemkeeper....please, remember to take care of yourself too....

Old 06-04-2008, 02:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
Quote:

I guess I missed it. I didn't know that your husband had surgery. I am so sorry. I haven't been on the forum very often.

I am so glad that he is doing well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville