Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 07:01 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,139,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
No, I've just bought and sold a lot of houses! You're bound to learn some hard lessons from all those transactions. (Lesson #1: Do not go to Open Houses. You'll always find something you like better that costs more than what you already have!)

But, Gem got it right-- I'm not a real estate agent. And in this market, I'm glad I'm not.
You know, GBH, that makes perfect sense, but I have never been accused of having perfect sense. I guess that is why that never dawned on me before.

We have gone to many Open Houses, especially in new housing developments and the homes are always just gorgeous. Of course, I won't have a professional decorator or be able to add all of the upgrades available.

You are right. What we see at Open Houses is not what we may be able to afford or be willing to spend.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:02 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Everyone is eating Red Velvet Cake in Knoxville!! Does JMT know that there has been a run on his favorite cake?

Gailli, mysticfire and ksurvivor, that is so funny that you were all at Litton's this afternoon. Is it karma or just the right spot to celebrate? I think I want to move to Fountain City, especially after seeing JMT's photos again yesterday. I don't do cake...
Gem, I don't do cake either, but it sounds like we need to pay a visit to Litton's for one of their burgers!!! Next time y'all are in town, we'll have to plan a Litton Get-together for everyone in the area!!

Mysticfire, now that we've gotten Hik into her new home, it sounds like we need you to give us daily updates on your househunt, so we can go through the whole process with you too! It was fun and exciting to go through Hik's experience!! Hopefully you won't have to go through all of the nightmares that Hik did!!!!!!!!

Hik, hope you are feeling better tomorrow - after a good night's sleep!
Mysticfire, hope your headache is better tomorrow - after a good night's sleep!!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:13 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Gem, I don't do cake either, but it sounds like we need to pay a visit to Litton's for one of their burgers!!! Next time y'all are in town, we'll have to plan a Litton Get-together for everyone in the area!!

Mysticfire, now that we've gotten Hik into her new home, it sounds like we need you to give us daily updates on your househunt, so we can go through the whole process with you too! It was fun and exciting to go through Hik's experience!! Hopefully you won't have to go through all of the nightmares that Hik did!!!!!!!!

Hik, hope you are feeling better tomorrow - after a good night's sleep!
Mysticfire, hope your headache is better tomorrow - after a good night's sleep!!
Okay, you all are making me very hungry! One thing I've promised myself in the one week remaining for our extended stay is a trip to Litton's. I don't do cake, either. But tell you what! That burger will do more for me than cake anytime.

And to Hik and Mysticfire and anyone else who's feeling below part, here's wishing to a better tomorrow. Sleep well.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:32 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,515,021 times
We had a baby shower at work last week and the honored guest loves RVC so we ordered one from the bakery at work. I went down to the kitchen today to thank the baker as the cake was truly out of this world. I was blown away to get such a quality cake that didn't come from Litton's, etc. The baker wasn't there but her co-worker offered me up some zucchini bread that she had made this morning (she brought the zucchini in from her own garden) and it was delicious. The conversation went to the cakes and the red velvet and the gentleman co-worker mentioned that his neighbor actually bakes the RVC's for Regas and he told me what she is paid for each cake! Score! At any rate, I have been promised yet another mouth watering RVC recipe from the baker at work so I can't wait to try that one out! I can only dream of getting my hands on the actual Regas RVC recipe!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:39 PM

Wink OMG, a recipe!!!

The question arises, SMG, from each of our little minds, but only one has the nerve to ask: "Are you going to share the recipe????" That is what friends do for friends, right?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:44 PM

Default Let's all meet at Litton's.

I think a trip to Litton's is definitely in the plans for either RVC or a burger. I'll eat the burger with Bebette and Suzanne1945 and dream of the cake while the rest of you enjoy!!

Hiknapster, I think I read somewhere that RVC was great for a backache and for an ulcer. Oh, yeah, that was here. It might be good for mysticfire's headache, too. Couldn't hurt!

I'm warming up the car NOW! Or, rather cooling it down.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
The question arises, SMG, from each of our little minds, but only one has the nerve to ask: "Are you going to share the recipe????" That is what friends do for friends, right?
Absolutely. I always share my recipes. I cannot stand it when people won't share recipes. I just hope I get my hot little hands on that puppy.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:45 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,545 times
Quote:
That is what friends are for So does anyone have one for Italian Cream Cake? My personal favorite.

By the way how is everyone tonite???

Old 07-23-2008, 07:50 PM

Smile What a friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Absolutely. I always share my recipes. I cannot stand it when people won't share recipes. I just hope I get my hot little hands on that puppy.
You're my kind of gal, SMG. I like to share my recipes, as well.

I have a lot of faith in you. I am sure that recipe will show up!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
That is what friends are for So does anyone have one for Italian Cream Cake? My personal favorite.

By the way how is everyone tonite???
Carpet was finished today, new tv arrived. Life's good. How are you?

I have a friend at work that makes the most delicious Italian Cream Cake I have ever tasted. He refuses to share the recipe dagnabbit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville