Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times

Advertisements

I want to clarify that I paid less than $125,000 and not $50,000.

It's good to get a general idea of what housing costs in an area but the first place to seriously start your search is, indeed, with a hunt for jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 PM

16 posts, read 26,159 times
I'm not looking for anything new..just something that doesn't need too much work and looks decent.Definitaly would love to be out of the way somewhere just don't know where that might be,and yes i am going all about this the wrong way.I know having a job is top priority but we can certainly go about a year or so on our savings plus we wont have a mortgage so i was thinking we would look for something while we were there.My husband is a self employed painter out here and wouldn't mind trying something new. I guess at this point we just want out of here and my husband wouldn't mind a 1 hr drive to work .Oh and the house we found in spring city lol we were not even that serious about moving at that time until we seen this home and the location..looks just like a house built for us dropped where we would want it..please tell me i am not being silly with my ideas..

Old 04-30-2011, 11:21 AM

24 posts, read 41,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanies4147 View Post
I'm not looking for anything new..just something that doesn't need too much work and looks decent.Definitaly would love to be out of the way somewhere just don't know where that might be,and yes i am going all about this the wrong way.I know having a job is top priority but we can certainly go about a year or so on our savings plus we wont have a mortgage so i was thinking we would look for something while we were there.My husband is a self employed painter out here and wouldn't mind trying something new. I guess at this point we just want out of here and my husband wouldn't mind a 1 hr drive to work .Oh and the house we found in spring city lol we were not even that serious about moving at that time until we seen this home and the location..looks just like a house built for us dropped where we would want it..please tell me i am not being silly with my ideas..

I don't think you are being silly at all! We found the same thing..a house with our name on it but not ready to move just yet! Looking for country living as we are in WI but need to move..my husband just found out he has copd and this cold is terrible for him...we have horses and dogs and cats..want country living but also need jobs..we are looking for a place we can ride our horses and drive 45 min to work.!

Good luck with your house/state hunting!!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 PM

16 posts, read 26,159 times
Thanks for your support! Tn is such a pretty state!..I knew i would find the perfect place for us here.So far my experience on this forum has been unbelievably helpful and full of honest answers..I hope the best for you with your move..and thankyou to all city-data posters as you are much appreciated.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:09 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,076,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanies4147 View Post
Thanks for your support! Tn is such a pretty state!..I knew i would find the perfect place for us here.So far my experience on this forum has been unbelievably helpful and full of honest answers..I hope the best for you with your move..and thankyou to all city-data posters as you are much appreciated.
We have many beautiful places around the state.....

Find a job first, rent for awhile, and we'll help y'all find that perfect place near there...

Old 04-30-2011, 08:22 PM

374 posts, read 946,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
We have many beautiful places around the state.....

Find a job first, rent for awhile, and we'll help y'all find that perfect place near there...
GREAT advice

You are not at all silly for having your dreams, I think it's wonderful. I think you're wise to ask for advice and wiser if you follow the above advice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville