Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:33 AM

418 posts, read 1,281,035 times

Advertisements

America's 30 Most Visited Cities - ForbesTraveler.com (http://www.forbestraveler.com/best-lists/most-visited-us-cities-slide.html - broken link)

KC made #27. I was kinda disappointed most of the cities showed skyline pictures. I was hoping for one of KC... possibly with Liberty Memorial in front of it.. but noooo its the Nelson.

Don't get me wrong I like the nelson and all... but.. still.. blah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,484 times
skrazzle, I couldnt help but notice STL was ranked higher and also showed a pic of our awesome skyline. Maybe you should come visit us again.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
skrazzle, I couldnt help but notice STL was ranked higher and also showed a pic of our awesome skyline. Maybe you should come visit us again.
LOL I saw that... obviously forbes is hitting the glass pipe hard =P

Look i'll come check out STL again sometime, but give me some tips on when/where since I obviously hit all the wrong places at the wrong time every time i've been there..

you still have to admit tho the KC skyline owns the STL one

Old 03-13-2009, 03:04 PM

Not even close.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:05 PM

Summertime is always best when the Cards are in town.

Keep in mind I am not trying to highjack this thread. Just having a little fun.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:25 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
::raises hand:: I'm having fun!!

Old 03-13-2009, 03:26 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
But in all seriousness, skrazz, you let me know when you're coming to StL and we'll make sure you see all the good stuff. And I hope, in turn, you'll do the same for me next time I'm in town.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Not even close.

LOL

http://www.kcips.com/images/kc_skyline_760w.jpg (broken link)

http://k43.pbase.com/u18/briantium/upload/42936305.KCSkylineNt1.jpg (broken link)

Im sorry. the arch is cool and all, but it cant save your piddly lil skyline

I should photoshop out the arch, which is the ONLY thing that stands out about STL skyline.. then you would get a better idea of how weak it is. You really think the arch makes up for the rest of the skyline being so weak?

http://advids.org/pics/albums/userpics/ljicons/thumb_lollerskates.gif (broken link)

Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Summertime is always best when the Cards are in town.

Keep in mind I am not trying to highjack this thread. Just having a little fun.
not a sports fan... unless its boxing or ufc... i don't think your hijacking the thead =)

Old 03-16-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
But in all seriousness, skrazz, you let me know when you're coming to StL and we'll make sure you see all the good stuff. And I hope, in turn, you'll do the same for me next time I'm in town.
of course =) i don't truly hate STL or anything... i think its ingrained in my head that the rivalry between the 2 MO cities must go on no matter what

Honestly, i think we KC people have some identity issues... when people think of the main city from MO, they think STL... when I tell someone im from kansas city, they say... "oh!! yeah i seen wizard of oz, hows kansas?" or something retarded like that. to make things worse, they don't realize how much us on the MO side hate that (KC is basically like twin cities almost between KC and our KS metro side with Johnson County)... KS side hates MO side, vice versa... this isn't like 100% the word, but it seems to be how it is... read our forums and you see JoCo people talking how ghetto the MO side is, when they are to scared to leave their own suburbs and see what KC has to offer, they don't even realize how much KC has.... KC has lost out on a lot of things because it has joco as a neighbor, where as joco has gained from having KC... then everyone outside of MO thinks KC is KANSAS... lolwtf.

anyways i've had a few bad experiences in STL(mostly the people themselves), and no significant ones which has also shaped my opinion, but its probably cuz i dont want to do touristy stuff... i went out with friends there before and had a good time, but it just wasn't anything that stuck out to me either ya know? im sure any night of the week that probably the same good be said abou KC by someone stopping in depending on where they end up going...

im jealous of STL science center tho... i wish KC had something along those lines... we have science city, but its not even close to the same, they designed it almost 100% with children in mind and it shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City