Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 04:08 PM

822 posts, read 2,047,986 times

Advertisements

If you're allergic to ragweed, it will be the third week of August.

A huge amount of ragweed pollen could be eliminated from the air if the counties and farmers would just mow the roadside ditches sometime in early August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 10:29 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,903,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The worst air quality is generally during the summer months when you could have a number of orange alert days or worse (dependent on the weather pattern). The problem is compounded by a large number of coal power plants in the metro area.
The other seasons generally have better air quality compared to summer.
Large number of coal plants? There is one in KCK and one near Worlds of Fun, that's two that I know of.

But they seem to put out nothing more than steam. I could be wrong though.

KC can be a pretty dirty city though. It may not always be orange or red alerts, but it gets smoggy there in the summer, but it sure is crystal clear and beautiful after a rain moves through town. That's when I get the camera out!

Old 07-18-2010, 11:15 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,832,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
I have searched all over but can't really find out when my allergies kick in. I hate to wait until I have a coughing spell then, "Oh! It's time to take some medicine."
There are periods (or weeks) in the spring & summer when I have this awful cough. Allegra is $30 a month with insurance.
The doctor said my coughing is due to allergies. Drainage, sore throat, white spots in the throat.
I'd never had allergies in my life (no coughing spells) but she said you can get them when you get older. Yeah, I guess 54 is older.
Last summer the coughing got so bad I got some DucimexDM (sp) and would take one a day during the summer. It helped stop the coughing.
But, two weeks ago the coughing started again and got so bad. It was horrible- the coughing spells. I was at work and a fit of coughing would arise. It sounds like I'm dying and attracts so much unwanted attention that I decided I had to visit the doctor.
She gave me a prescription for Allegra D. I've been taking it for 5 days and I barely cough at all.
Now if I could only poop normally again

So, how do I find out when my allergy coughing spells are going to come? I mean without doing all kinds oftests at the doc's office.
Thanks, in advance!
lolololololol!!!!! Thank you for sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City