Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 09:05 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,880,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

^^^^ And kcmo's post above. OMG. I am SO sick of him saying these same things, based simply on HIS OPINION AND BIAS, ad nauseam. bla bla bla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 09:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times
No, kcmo. I have never said anything I say is any more than my opinion. You constantly say things about Johnson County that are not true and are nothing more than your bias which I can only assume came from your feeling inferior as a kid living in Waldo. It certainly is deeply ingrained.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:25 PM

10 posts, read 16,590 times
"No, kcmo. I have never said anything I say is any more than my opinion. You constantly say things about Johnson County that are not true and are nothing more than your bias which I can only assume came from your feeling inferior as a kid living in Waldo. It certainly is deeply ingrained."

perfect example of what I am talking about, stereotypical JC. "darling, how dare you associate with that boy from waldo. Waldo is so low class". Johnson county ain't ****, except in their heads. The real jet set does not even know where johnson county is. And your previous comment as to having a prejudice since my brothers wife was from JC, I had no prejudices coming here. She was the only person I have ever met in my life from JC at that point, so there was no way I could make that link, that is, until I lived here a few months, and then it all made sense.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:30 PM

53 posts, read 67,495 times
ive been with the same woman for years, im 26, i didnt date too much. but i had oppurtunities, and even with my girl, id say loads of good looking women( not in an adulterous manner) yet i see pretty girls and women all round town, if this was a small town then yea id say it would be bleak. its a mid sized place, a bit land locked to other metroes, however i go all over town, theres variety of women. not sayin its hugh heffner hedon's lounge status, or not to say people can be lame and stick to their own tiny social sphere a la some knock off verison of "Friends" , you can overcome. its no burning inferno, and i dont think its as authentic and gritty as it was years ago before i was born, yet you could fashion and build a life you agree with.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:34 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson3244 View Post
"No, kcmo. I have never said anything I say is any more than my opinion. You constantly say things about Johnson County that are not true and are nothing more than your bias which I can only assume came from your feeling inferior as a kid living in Waldo. It certainly is deeply ingrained."

perfect example of what I am talking about, stereotypical JC. "darling, how dare you associate with that boy from waldo. Waldo is so low class". Johnson county ain't ****, except in their heads. The real jet set does not even know where johnson county is. And your previous comment as to having a prejudice since my brothers wife was from JC, I had no prejudices coming here. She was the only person I have ever met in my life from JC at that point, so there was no way I could make that link, that is, until I lived here a few months, and then it all made sense.
Except it's true. He has a chip on his shoulder. He has proved that over the many YEARS he has been posting this drivel on this forum. And I have never spoken that way "Darling..." in my life. Nor am I anything like what you describe as "stereotypical JC." But kcmo has a hatred of JoCo that borders on pathological.

Everyone in Johnson County is not like your brother's wife. Not even close.

Who is trying to be a jet setter? Certainly not me, or anyone I know in Johnson County. Jeez. We just like living here because it's NICE and it's a pleasant place to live, and the schools are good and the crime is low. Being a jet setter never crossed my mind. That's kind of humorous, though.

As I have said, it must be something about YOU, not Kansas City women and not Johnson County women and not men you work with.

Last edited by luzianne; 12-20-2015 at 09:45 PM..

Old 12-21-2015, 04:31 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,715,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson3244 View Post
"And let's not kid ourselves. Classy, attractive women ARE entitled, as mother nature intended."

No, they are not entitled to be as disrespectful unless warranted. JC women are very disrespectful to men who are not rich/famous. My brother was married to someone from JC(long before I even knew where JC was) and she was the biggest most disrespectful ***** you could ever imagine. Our family would invite her over and she would do nothing but whine and complain about everything, and she constantly made insulting, belittling comments to everybody. It got so bad that certain blood family members would refuse to go to family events if she showed up.
That was not my experience at all....nor it is typical.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:35 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,715,411 times
I wonder if anyone else finds this commentary just a tad too familiar....

Quote:
stereotypical JC. "darling, how dare you associate with that boy from waldo. Waldo is so low class". Johnson county ain't ****, except in their heads.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:29 AM

495 posts, read 778,232 times
OP have you tried meetup.com or any of the dating sites (Match, eHarmony)? I'm in my early 40's, single male, never married, but I sort of like it that way...lol. But I do agree, it can be a challenge to meet the right one, especially as you get older, but you just need to keep putting yourself out there, trying new things. I've met a lot of girls through meetup and taking my dog to different dog parks throughout the metro. If all else fails, get a puppy and stroll around the Plaza on a Saturday afternoon...you'll meet a lot of girls

Old 12-21-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I can only assume came from your feeling inferior as a kid living in Waldo. It certainly is deeply ingrained.
First off, I didn't grow up in Waldo. I bought my first home there though.

Secondly, I barely knew Kansas existed as a child let alone Johnson County. We never went to Kansas for anything even though we could practically walk there. Kansas was never talked about or discussed. I don't recall anything negative about Kansas, it just never really came up. I think we might have gone to Metcalf South Mall a couple of times and that was it.

Thirdly, your post is one of the most arrogant posts I have ever read and the VERY reason that so many people can't stand Johnson County. During my childhood in South Plaza, I lived in a home that today would fetch 600k that was across the street from Loose Park. If you think for one second I felt "inferior" to Johnson County, you are out of your mind.

I have never in a million years felt any desire what so ever to live in Kansas. I would be totally miserable anywhere in that state. While living in KC, I was jealous yes. Jealous of places like Denver where they actually have so much more regional cooperation and pride. I have always hoped that JoCo would actually join with the rest of the metro and make all of "KC" a better place. I now know 100% that such a thing will NEVER happen and KC will continue to limp along with Kansas pulling at its feet.

I tell things how they are. I post about corporate welfare which is out of control in Kansas, subsidized suburban sprawl, lack of cooperation, poaching of KCMO companies and the anti-city culture that is so prevalent in JoCo. You think such topics are lies, even though most come straight from major media sources, studies etc as well as personal experiences with interacting with thousands of people, often people like city mayors etc, new transplants etc.

In return, you have nothing, so you attack me.

"inferior" You have once again shown your true colors.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindig View Post
OP have you tried meetup.com or any of the dating sites (Match, eHarmony)? I'm in my early 40's, single male, never married, but I sort of like it that way...lol. But I do agree, it can be a challenge to meet the right one, especially as you get older, but you just need to keep putting yourself out there, trying new things. I've met a lot of girls through meetup and taking my dog to different dog parks throughout the metro. If all else fails, get a puppy and stroll around the Plaza on a Saturday afternoon...you'll meet a lot of girls
Meetup is awesome here in the DC area. If it's anywhere near as active in KC, it's a great place to meet all kinds of people with similar interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City