Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,365 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Houston for 10+ years, originally from the Lawrence and Topeka area, and my spouse got a job right next to MCI airport, so we are looking to relocate our two small kids and a dog to nice neighborhood with good schools and short commute to airport(less than 30min- this is my husbands deal bc since we are moving to be closer to my family LOL and enjoy a better quality of life for our children than we have here in Houston). I know that Park Hill and Liberty school district seems to be good across the board, does anyone have any recommendations as far as neighborhoods, developments,and rental management companies..we are looking to rent until we sell our current home and get a better "feel" for the area and what we want. My spouse has rather urban tastes so i have to keep him close to restaurants etc..

Is there any neighborhoods going up around the Zona Rosa area? having a hard time finding home rentals in north kansas city areas. any suggestions? Overland Park area is a no brainer, but dont think my hubby will do commute.

Thanks so much- theres no place like home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 07:49 PM

6,830 posts, read 11,560,093 times
What's your price range??

Old 08-07-2012, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,365 times
well trying to avoid throwing away too much on rent since we will be hoping to buy in a year or so....so i say 1500 to no more than 2200?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 PM

6,830 posts, read 11,560,093 times
Two companies that do a lot of single family rentals in the Northland: Terry Flood Real Estate and Classic Property Management.

Welcome To Terry W.Flood Real Estate | Terry W.Flood Real Estate

Classic Property Management - single family homes, townhomes, condos, apartments rent and lease [] PM Website by HEROPM

You might also try Craig's list. Do searches with "North of River" "Clay County" "Platte County" "Liberty" or "Park Hill" to narrow down the results.

As far as neighborhoods go, in that price range North of the River they should all be pretty nice.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,274,147 times
How about Parkville or Smithville? There are a couple of northland properties at Listings

Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 PM

8 posts, read 22,199 times
I would recommend the zona rosa area/ barry road area it's only like 10-15 min from mci and is close to a bunch of shopping and entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City